Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Embolist Could Use A Longer Range.

ApeMummy

So been playing with the embolist for a little while, it's very expensive, looks cool and has a great underlying concept disappointingly it's very difficult to kill anything with, so here's a bit of constructive criticism

The damage is decent enough but long before you ever get this weapon you'll have a sentinel with at least half decent weapon mods. The big problem I'm having is that my carrier completely blows away any enemy that is at a low enough level for the embolist to reliably kill - thus starving it of XP and making leveling it a bit of a chore and making its general usage fairly redundant. Having to unequip or intentionally nerf your sentinel just to level the embolist is a bit arduous and probably not a desirable gameplay outcome. It's certainly not as fun to use as the flux rifle or ignis.

The small ammo pool is a reasonable trade off but having a very short range is probably far too big of a trade off to make the weapon viable or enjoyable, especially when considering the steep resource cost and the fact that powerful melee weapons are easy to acquire

Edited by ApeMummy

Im leveling it now with a carrier of the same level and i am not having any problems.

If you are somehow encountering unique spawns where there is enough of space that the Sentinel can kill things before you, you should try doing Infested missions where big group are sure to come at you frequently.

I had no issue with leveling my embolist, in fact I had it maxed in just over 2 hours. If your carrier is killing the mobs too fast, aim for the mob behind the one closest?
I honestly had no problems, it really shines when you have it potatoed.
I find Loki/Ash or Rhino are the best combo for obvious reasons.