Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penalty for leaving matches early

So this is probably going to be a pretty polarizing argument, but I feel there needs to be a major change in the matchmaking system. I started to noticed this more heavily with Wukong prime's release. Players are joining random public relic runs and are instantly leaving if there isn't a relic available that they want. Wukong and his new primes are highly sought after and people are desperate for the new frame and weapons, but don't want to put the effort in farming and instead would like to take a chance on a random player's relics. So what ends up happening is you end up in a lobby where people are continually leaving the mission because you are not running the relic they are looking for and have to hope that you are host (getting 3 host migrations in a row was infuriating) and that the matchmaking system will continue to look for new players. Keep in mind this is a PUBLIC lobby, so yeah there are going to be issues, but this is something next level. I would like Warframe to insert a deserters penalty for leaving too many matches in quick succession. You know, one two or three matches, no biggie, people have connection issues. However, if you consistently continue to leave matches early on (before 5 minutes) you deserve to be put in time out.

• Like 2

It only became more obvious to me this week after Wukong released and I brought it up to a few friends and they noticed it too. I can understand that you may not have seen it depending on how often you run relics and whether or not you run relics publicly. It's probably only a problem when new frames release and the rush to get them. I also had another friend chime in during our discussion and said he's been doing that for a quite some time. His rationale was "why should he farm the game for relics when he could farm other people for the same reward?". The conversation didn't go anywhere but it did help me to realize how easily exploitable the system can be without penalties in place. It reminds me of the time before they implemented the afk timers. Players would just sit at spawn and reap full rewards for other players efforts. I get its one of the risk when running public matches, but it gets annoying. 

17 hours ago, (PS4)Kazu_da_Stealth said:

So this is probably going to be a pretty polarizing argument, but I feel there needs to be a major change in the matchmaking system. I started to noticed this more heavily with Wukong prime's release. Players are joining random public relic runs and are instantly leaving if there isn't a relic available that they want. Wukong and his new primes are highly sought after and people are desperate for the new frame and weapons, but don't want to put the effort in farming and instead would like to take a chance on a random player's relics. So what ends up happening is you end up in a lobby where people are continually leaving the mission because you are not running the relic they are looking for and have to hope that you are host (getting 3 host migrations in a row was infuriating) and that the matchmaking system will continue to look for new players. Keep in mind this is a PUBLIC lobby, so yeah there are going to be issues, but this is something next level. I would like Warframe to insert a deserters penalty for leaving too many matches in quick succession. You know, one two or three matches, no biggie, people have connection issues. However, if you consistently continue to leave matches early on (before 5 minutes) you deserve to be put in time out.

well a leaving penalty is something i do support!! and anyone who doesnt is probably an offender.. i'm so sick of host migrations its ridiculous, why run public in the first place!! like you i've had host migrations in every level of the game, relics is one thing but arbitrations are the worst, you lose your energy but the time loss is just slap in the face.. designers of this game mode should be ashamed of themselves, they have the statistics and its unfair to all players who want to continue to play in a mission. lately after a host migration i'll get these weird triangles on my screen  and then the game becomes completely unplayable..if they  want to keep players playing their game, they really out to look at the quality of their content instead of their quantity.. garennteed a half a dozen boot lickers will comment on how great they are and how your comment sux.. i totally agree with you and many others!!

• Like 1