Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the Corposant Prime Ephemera...

Torbamf

Contained within the Wukong Prime Access pack is the "Corposant Prime Ephemera" accessory. This item worries me, because I recall DE claiming that Ephemera were to only be obtainable via certain accomplishments ingame. While this might be a minor inconvenience, the notion that DE might've backpeddled a statement for a cosmetic like this worries me for the future. Please let me know if I let anything out! 

• Like 5

at least its obtainable for everyone, admittedly as PA, unlike the fae step that is currently PC only  due to 2FA req.

As for the ephemera itself I think its animations need to be flipped, with the energy being when the frame moves vs standing still.

• Like 1

The idea of the Ephemeras is they are to be earned through dedication. Spending real life money is away of earning something through dedication IMO. 

Prime Accessories aside though there are only 2 Ephemeras that can legitimately be earned. And those are the blood and spore Ephemeras. The rest are just blind dumb fin luck. The majority of the Ephemeras failed to-do what they were designed to do.

That said the Ephemera BP's should be made tradable or purchasable through either essence or some other form of in game currency.

Lucky RNG/= Dedication. 

Lucky RNG/= Earned

Dedication = Earned

Arbitration essence = Earned

NW standing = Earned 

• Like 4

Pretty sure their wording was vague enough that it’s difficult to determine if DE was talking about all ephemera or just the ones planned at that point in time.

If this really is an issue for some Tenno, I’d love to hear why they aren’t also launching similar complaints about DE “breaking their word” by giving out the the Lotus ephemera using streams as opposed to an in-game accomplishment.

Edited by FrostPrime
Clarified
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, FrostPrime said:

this really is an issue for some Tenno, I’d love to hear why they aren’t also complaining about the Lotus ephemera not being related to an in-game accomplishment.

It's my view that all cosmetics/bps should be able to be purchased through some kinda of earned in game currency. Even the Lotus Ephemera. 

There are a plethora of in game currency options. Choose one. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

If you're worried about them backpedaling on that statement (if it was their exact statement) you're very late to the party. Fae path came from just enabling 2FA which isn't an accomplishment in the slightest and now neither is the Lotus or Corposant (at least not an in-game accomplishment).

But what does it really matter? If other ephemeras are considered earned and there is no other way to get them then you still hold the accomplishment of owning them. Seeing someone with a Smoke ephemera only means they got it as a Stalker drop where the Corposant only means they bought PA; all "accomplishments" are still valid.

IDK, I already want plat ephemeras for awhile anyway.

11 minutes ago, FrostPrime said:

Pretty sure their wording was vague enough that it’s difficult to determine if DE was talking about all ephemera or just the ones planned at that point in time.

If this really is an issue for some Tenno, I’d love to hear why they aren’t also launching similar complaints about DE “breaking their word” by giving out the the Lotus ephemera using streams as opposed to an in-game accomplishment.

Making that stream works is a greater challenge than spamming spores in ESO for 8 waves or passing the RNG test after oneshotting the Stalker.

Edited by Marvelous_A

4 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

That said the Ephemera BP's should be made tradable or purchasable through either essence or some other form of in game currency.

Lucky RNG/= Dedication. 

Lucky RNG/= Earned

Dedication = Earned

NW standing = Earned 

They could tie it through milestones and boss kills. For instance 100 ESO rot C's should give you the flame ephemera, while the the Frost and lightning should be given at a set 20th and 40th kill. They keep track already so adding triggers for this surely could be done. Giving these at those points and perhaps giving a stronger appearance of them to show further play at certain milestones to incentivise further play similar to the conclave syandana with weekly challenges being done showing on it.(yes I know conclave isn't played that much, the irony isn't lost on me)

Just some personal thoughts. For people that already have them the stronger effect would add value to playing it and to the horror stories of 450+ ESO rot C's dry would finally have a means of showing they played it that much that World On Fire is envious of their ephemera.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

The idea of the Ephemeras is they are to be earned through dedication. Spending real life money is away of earning something through dedication IMO. 

Prime Accessories aside though there are only 2 Ephemeras that can legitimately be earned. And those are the blood and spore Ephemeras. The rest are just blind dumb fin luck. The majority of the Ephemeras failed to-do what they were designed to do.

Lucky RNG/= Dedication. 

Lucky RNG/= Earned

Dedication = Earned

NW standing = Earned 

Just for the sake of argument, not because this is an issue for me: To some people this amount of money may not be a sign of dedication. Just a fact of life.