Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removeing alerts was a terrible idea

15 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

"But...NW gives you the same reward only with 100x the effort! And it gifts you something they could have just put into the market or events!"

it gives increased rewards with none of the "nitain at 3 in the morning better go farm it." and has no rng elements in it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

without asking the gaming community for feedback before launching it in the first place

Omg you don't say!Well why should DE ask us when we the "gaming community" have asked many times across the years for a rework for this "successful" Alert system!?And now DE finally delivered a system that rewards you for the things you do.

28 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

It forces its gaming community to play stuff they don't enjoy playing

Hmmm lets see: kill 500 enemys - i like doing this, a lot!!! ; pet your pet - easy and a no brainer so why not ; forma 3 times - well we just got a new prime set so adding a forma or two wont hurt ; play some of the index - well im a bit low on the millions so why not, a few games on the lowest difficulty .Yeah your right a lot of stuff to do that we the "gaming community" absolutely hate to do in WF instead of fishing all day long which is the real reason we play the game!

34 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

I quit playing Warframe entirely after the quick alert system was replaced by the God awful Nightwave system

So you quit because the random RNG system that can make you wait for mounts for the stuff you want was replaced by a task system that lets you choose which specific reward you want by completing tasks that not only give you a reward of your choosing but addition rewards!?Well ok if that's you choice but dam man that's a very lame excuse!!!

11 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Grindy?  Probably the grindiest nightwave challenge this week is do 10 syndicate missions, that's too many missions for 4K standing.  Other then that every other challenge can be completed in a few hours tops.  Oh and when you first rank up and get 150 nightwave creds you can buy literally 50 nitain extract with that many creds.  All for 10K standing.  If you want to tell me 50 nitain alerts is less grindy then getting 10K standing in NW go ahead, no one will listen to you.

Stuff they don't enjoy playing?  Sorry, try again.  All NW does is require you to play warframe.  Sure it may specify some mission types, but most challenges can be completed anywhere on the starchart.  

Not noob friendly?  Neither were old alerts, once upon a time I missed many alerts because I didn't have the node unlocked for said alert that had nitain, potatoes, or what have you.  

Most alerts were garbage too.  Give you creds + 80 endo?  I'll pass, can literally get 80 endo by playing missions and picking up mods/endo balls.  They also shove endo down our throats at this point, it's why maxed primed mods go for so little now in comparison to years ago when they commanded 500p+ price tags.  

Setting aside the fact that person you quoted spends a majority of the time here complaining about NW let me try to restate their complaints so it comes off sounding better.

Grindy: is referring to both the overall rewards you get for completing NW and that it's asking you to do things average players do not do.  Like keeping up stock on open world resources.  A vet might stock pile these.  But your average person that doesn't sign in for long or consistently certainly doesn't.  And asking thus asking them to guild a weapon is a "grind" for them.

Lack of enjoyment: is referring to forcing the player to do something they normally wouldn't do.  Like going and fishing in the open worlds.  Or playing ESO.

Noob friendly:  Is referring to the fact that alerts outside of very fringe cases were dumb easy because there was no modifiers.  there was no asking you to complete "end game" content.  There was no confusion.  It was click the alert and be taken in to complete a mission that is like any other mission for an extra reward.

Don't bother with talking about rewards either.  As there is very little in the game that requires Nitain to make.  So much so that you really only need around 80? in order to make everything in the game besides persistent aura forma's.  (which I consider to be the end game sink for over flow of Nitain, all other resources have extra usages so this is fine.)  Getting other nice alert things is also well taken care of through the store.  This NW in particular giving more NW credits and earlier on so people who can't/don't have any interest in the overall rewards can quickly buy what they need from the store and dip.  Literally the only thing missing is random resource gains.  Which imo is ultimately irrelevant since both things like credits and endo are thrown at you so hard these days.  Even Kuva.

Really you can draw comparisons with these complaints and the end game complaints.  Specifically the people who always point to old void as end game.  (even though everything that you did with that mechanically exists in the game still.  Just minus the fact that you don't go to only one area anymore.)  Both old void and old alert heavily held people's hand in accomplishing tasks.  It won't matter how rewarding or easy future additions of the game are as these kind of people don't have any reasonable issues that can be solved.  They just want to stay in the past.

• Like 2

No offense for anyone but reading the posts seems most people are only hungry about this rewards: "Rewards! Rewards! Yum!" And completely forget about fun, playing any 💩 they throw at you. They are baiting us with those useless rewards, carrying over a lazy videogame's corpse. Have you seen the seal? It sucks, come on. (It should be this -> 🖕) I will never use it. And the infested shoulder... 😣 The more you progress, the more rewards are useless. Including that stupid Umbral Forma, yes. And to people who say the story is interesting: sure... A grunting infested Frankenstein which is basically a bad copy of the Stalker (Acolytes could obliterate him anytime) and now Space Chucky. At least there were the -> funny <- prisoners around before. Now they have taken away those too. 👎

6 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Alerts were flawed yes but to replace them with a system that's even more flawed is ridiculous. NW is the worst thing that has happened to WF.

I disagree that Nightwave is more flawed. I'm actually DOING Nightwave.

I didn't do Alerts.

11 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Nightwave forces long term engagement with the event (because you can't cram all your progress into the days you can play, and then not worry about it any more, due to the weekly aspect of the acts -- whereas other events have their rewards all available from the start, and you can knock it out with focused play.) This may have been intentional, to force people to engage with the game more often on a weekly basis, but it's a major negative, in my book, and encourages burn-out and feeling forced to play... not something I'd be going for.

False. I knocked out my entire Nightwave in a few hours the previous Sunday. Next week will only take me another few hours, when I feel like it.

But here's the fun part: YOU CAN SKIP ACTS YOU DON'T CARE FOR

Yes. Yes you can. I did in Series 1. I skipped 1-2 every single week, simply because I didn't care to do certain tasks. Guess what rank I hit? 46.

I didn't need those extra 16 ranks. But I got there anyways. Figured I could buy Catalysts with the Cred. That was with skipping Acts. I even skipped an entire week, because I didn't really care.

You are not forced to do ANY OF IT.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

That's the thing, you didn't do what you didn't need, here you have to do it all.

See what I said above. You don't have to do it all. I didn't. You can do the challenges that you feel like doing, whichever challenges those are, and get the rewards anyways.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

11 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Nightwave forces long term engagement with the event (because you can't cram all your progress into the days you can play, and then not worry about it any more, due to the weekly aspect of the acts -- whereas other events have their rewards all available from the start, and you can knock it out with focused play.) This may have been intentional, to force people to engage with the game more often on a weekly basis, but it's a major negative, in my book, and encourages burn-out and feeling forced to play... not something I'd be going for.

2 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

False. I knocked out my entire Nightwave in a few hours the previous Sunday. Next week will only take me another few hours, when I feel like it. 

Forgive me... "Because I can't cram all my progress into the days I can play"... was this distinction necessary? However, I still have to dedicate time each week for Nightwave acts, rather than accomplishing personal goals (that hardly ever coincide with Nightwave chores.) Also, you can't knock out the entire Nightwave to rank 30 from the first week if you have a good week to play... it's simply not possible due to the acts being weekly. (you can knock out the entirety of Thermia Fractures in one day, in contrast.)

Good for you if you can get all that stuff done that fast. For me, it takes up a ton of the time I have set aside for gaming. For instance, right now, I don't want to be doing ANY disruption... but have to do the quota this week at some point. I don't want to be Forma'ing stuff right now, I have other goals to focus on. Obviously, killing 500 enemies was easy. 10 syndicate missions is something I already do (yay for one not being a chore), I'd never touch the Index, especially with that stipulation of the enemy not scoring... but my friend and I knocked that out after a few annoying runs - but that ate up the entire time we had scheduled to play one night, rather than doing Eidolons. I hate the ESO thing... but dedicated time to run through 2 rounds at a time just for Nightwave...

9 hours ago, IntheCoconut said:

Only Frost, Mag, Excalibur, and Zephyr are able to be built before Jupiter.

"Be able to be built" as accessible? If yes, this list is incomplete, because all research Frames, like Banshee, Volt, Wukong & Nezha are availably. You also forgot Rhino on Venus. Additionally, nothing stops you from farming Oberon, Nekros, Inaros or Nyx (theoretically even Vauban) before Jupiter. Then you can always buy Primed frame parts on the market.
All of this is irrelevant, because you still cannot build them without Neural Sensors, only Oberon & Zephyr.

10 hours ago, IntheCoconut said:

but it turns out it is a complete non-issue for them

But it turnes out, the list is much larger but options are even more limited.

11 hours ago, trst said:

Missed that Catalyst you really needed? Well too bad the next drop can be anywhere from tomorrow to next month and may even drop while you're asleep.

This is the view from what you miss. The view from what you get is more bright.

11 hours ago, trst said:

Which is also 10+ rotations to grab the shop items you need/want and the key items (Catalysts, Reactors, and Nitain) are always on offer anyways.

Those 10+ rotaions only apply to static shop rewards like potatoes or Alertium. Rotating rewards, like Auras, Cosmetics or weapon BPs are in a rotaion only 2, 3 times at best over one season. So, we have slow rotaions. Then, cred nodes are spread to far and require full commitment to get to the next node or you may spend a week without any fresh creds to spend. So, we have limited access to shop currency. Then, with only 50 creds per node (except the first one) you can buy only 1 item on rotation, or 2 if you save them. So, we have limited buying power.

11 hours ago, trst said:

It's also not required to complete every single act as the 60%~ completion is still enough to reach rank 30 within 10 weeks.

Ok, this one makes me really really angry, because it is total nonsense. 60% of what exactly? Acts?
This season we get 43.5k standing per week. If you leave all elite acts you won't be able to reach rank 30 after 10 weeks. Should you still refer to the deliberately deceptive tweet from Steve - those 60% mean standing. Now, do the math on how many acts you can skip, when season 2 has less acts and those are weighted more. Then we have no end date. Again. So, predictions or planing are worthless. Again.

11 hours ago, trst said:

And with the catch-up mechanic now players who're unable to access the content required for certain acts have the full Nightwave to work towards said areas

Catch-up is really helping it out this time. However, it is worthless if you cannot complete all acts. Still not beginner friendly.

Those seemingly little issues snowball and turn into huge problems. People complain because there are actuall flaws within NW system.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

For me, it takes up a ton of the time I have set aside for gaming. For instance, right now, I don't want to be doing ANY disruption... but have to do the quota this week at some point. I don't want to be Forma'ing stuff right now, I have other goals to focus on. Obviously, killing 500 enemies was easy. 10 syndicate missions is something I already do (yay for one not being a chore), I'd never touch the Index, especially with that stipulation of the enemy not scoring... but my friend and I knocked that out after a few annoying runs - but that ate up the entire time we had scheduled to play one night, rather than doing Eidolons. I hate the ESO thing... but dedicated time to run through 2 rounds at a time just for Nightwave...

Shrugosaurus Rex.

Disruption? Max duration Nova + Catchmoon. Didn't lose a single pedestal. Took me 16 minutes. Pretty fun.

Index? High range Limbo + Redeemer Prime. I regularly stop the Brokers from scoring in my High Risk runs anyway, so the Low Risk one for Nightwave was easy peasy. Probably 15 minutes tops.

ESO? Saryn. Pressed 3 and 1, chopped up an enemy, pressed 4 to turn the whole map into damage trickle. That never gets old for me. 2:30 per zone, so I was done in 20 minutes.

So, less than an hour for all three acts combined. Just a reminder: I do everything solo.

Not gonna say "Git Gud," since this is not a "Git Gud" game - it's a "Git Prepared" game.

Edited by KnossosTNC

44 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

That's the thing, you didn't do what you didn't need, here you have to do it all.

Nope. Not even close. That was never true, and still isn't true. It was a rallying cry of the complainers who not only did all of the challenges anyway, but often grinded extra standing while pretending to be disadvantaged. They were often the same people who you could find complaining about any and everything. 

The reason why we were trying to get to rank 30 is because Nightwave is also an event offering event rewards as well as creds. The creds allow us to collect the alert rewards, whichever we wanted. 

But the beauty of it is that you don't need to do any of it at all. I spoke to several who just weren't bothering to do the Nightwave, if they accidentally managed to complete some, great; if not, great. The only difference between them and those who insist they "have" to complete everything, is a having a little bit more sense, and a lot less irrational fear of missing out. 

59 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Forgive me... "Because I can't cram all my progress into the days I can play"... was this distinction necessary? However, I still have to dedicate time each week for Nightwave acts, rather than accomplishing personal goals (that hardly ever coincide with Nightwave chores.) Also, you can't knock out the entire Nightwave to rank 30 from the first week if you have a good week to play... it's simply not possible due to the acts being weekly. (you can knock out the entirety of Thermia Fractures in one day, in contrast.)

Good for you if you can get all that stuff done that fast. For me, it takes up a ton of the time I have set aside for gaming. For instance, right now, I don't want to be doing ANY disruption... but have to do the quota this week at some point. I don't want to be Forma'ing stuff right now, I have other goals to focus on. Obviously, killing 500 enemies was easy. 10 syndicate missions is something I already do (yay for one not being a chore), I'd never touch the Index, especially with that stipulation of the enemy not scoring... but my friend and I knocked that out after a few annoying runs - but that ate up the entire time we had scheduled to play one night, rather than doing Eidolons. I hate the ESO thing... but dedicated time to run through 2 rounds at a time just for Nightwave...

Again, you're wrong. You can cram all your progress into the days you can play. Rather than saying it myself, I'll quote from the wiki:

Any Weekly and Elite Weekly Acts that have not been completed before the next week's rotation will be put on reserve. After all of the current week's Acts are completed, any missed Acts from previous weeks will be available and marked as Recovered, three at a time. Once all missed Acts have been completed, they will no longer appear, only to be refreshed in future week rotations.

Also, to further reiterate: It should only take a couple hours to complete a single week's worth. If that is too much for you, if you really have trouble devoting even THAT much time to gaming out of your week... how the #*!% are you even managing to game at all?

And to the REST of your complaints (namely: I don't like THIS Act, I don't like THAT Act), please see my new post:

I fully agree that the Index one was a real pain and took me way longer than it should. It's easy enough with Gara and a friend helping, but it's so easy to mess up, forcing you to start over. I don't think that one should be in Nightwave - at least not for 3 rounds.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

48 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

"Be able to be built" as accessible? If yes, this list is incomplete, because all research Frames, like Banshee, Volt, Wukong & Nezha are availably. You also forgot Rhino on Venus. Additionally, nothing stops you from farming Oberon, Nekros, Inaros or Nyx (theoretically even Vauban) before Jupiter. Then you can always buy Primed frame parts on the market.
All of this is irrelevant, because you still cannot build them without Neural Sensors, only Oberon & Zephyr.

But it turnes out, the list is much larger but options are even more limited.

Oberon, Rhino, and Inaros do not require Neural Senors which is why I didn't list them, and further more, Inaros can only be purchased from Baro Ki'teer and you must be MR 5 to start the quest so I think it is safe to say that this particular Warframe isn't going to be a priority for new players.

Nekros, while yes, does require Neural Sensors, is on the Orokin Derlict, which isn't a place I see new players going. Long story short, there are plenty of Warframes for new players to target and it doesn't take that long to get to Jupiter.

All of this being said, I've seen only veterans claim that NW hampers new players. I have yet to see an actual new player come on here and complain.

Edited by IntheCoconut

Nightwave might be a little more tedious than the old alerts. That is true. Alerts were much quicker to perform than leveling NW. True. 

Nightwave gives a more consistent goal and offers better player choice in item gathering. Alerts forced players to wait and hope for the right item to drop on an alert during a time viable for them to play. 

Nightwave trades the ease and speed of a regular alert mission to be more flexible around a Player's schedule. I can hop on and work on Nightwave when I want. I don't have to hop on that particular instant to get a helmet BP that I've been waiting for. Not to mention the weekly challenges mean that over the course of a week, the grind can be split with other missions.

Nightwave may not be 100% perfect, some challenges are just not fun, or enticing, but they certainly are much more acceptable than praying for something to drop at a good time to play.

12 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

[...]

All of this being said, I've seen only veterans claim that NW hampers new players. I have yet to see an actual new player come on here and complain. 

They skip directly to a different game. 🤭  I haven't forgotten how in trouble I was when I started the game. Only the Tonkor saved my ass and when I discovered the forum, later on, there were the fanatic veterans complaining about newbies going around with Tonkor annihilating things. You know the rest of the story and how Tonkor ended... Some new players find it difficult to distinguish a blueprint from an actual item and you want them to be here complaining about a game they are still trying to understand. 🙄

41 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

I have a Nintenno account on the side, though I haven't played it much yet. Mostly have it because, hey, now I can play Warframe from anywhere (with internet). Even my bed. Assuming... I get around to actually playing that account more. Maybe if I didn't work so much.

I mostly ignore Nightwave because without unlocking the starchart or having the right mods, it's kinda impossible. Also, I can't really do the Forma challenge, as I haven't reached 30 on my starter gear. And I have to complete the quest for Nidus to be able to do the Index.

Nightwave isn't really meant for new players OR veterans, but more intermediate players who don't yet have-all-the-things. In the case of veterans, it really only helps us scratch an itch by giving us something to do while providing new cosmetics. In the case of new players, it seems like something to deal with later so they don't get overwhelmed while trying to learn how the game works, and unlock the whole map.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, KroneVanguard said:

They skip directly to a different game. 🤭  I haven't forgotten how in trouble I was when I started the game. Only the Tonkor saved my ass and when I discovered the forum, later on, there were the fanatic veterans complaining about newbies going around with Tonkor annihilating things. You know the rest of the story and how Tonkor ended... Some new players find it difficult to distinguish a blueprint from an actual item and you want them to be here complaining about a game they are still trying to understand. 🙄

Oh, I am not stranger to the new player experience. I was one of those newbies that started the game and stopped playing shortly after. I only gave it a second chance because I saw how many people were playing it, so I figured I must have missed something. I know that Warframe throws a lot of different stuff at players and does a poor job of explaining the various systems and mechanics. However, there are plenty of new players that visit the forums. If you check the "Players helping Players" section, you'll find people that joined this month, this week, and even just a few hours ago, all asking questions. But so far, the only person that has given me any real insight into what NightWave means to a true newbie is this post:

14 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I have a Nintenno account on the side, though I haven't played it much yet. Mostly have it because, hey, now I can play Warframe from anywhere (with internet). Even my bed. Assuming... I get around to actually playing that account more. Maybe if I didn't work so much.

I mostly ignore Nightwave because without unlocking the starchart or having the right mods, it's kinda impossible. Also, I can't really do the Forma challenge, as I haven't reached 30 on my starter gear. And I have to complete the quest for Nidus to be able to do the Index.

Nightwave isn't really meant for new players OR veterans, but more intermediate players who don't yet have-all-the-things. In the case of veterans, it really only helps us scratch an itch by giving us something to do while providing new cosmetics. In the case of new players, it seems like something to deal with later so they don't get overwhelmed while trying to learn how the game works, and unlock the whole map.

That is the most insightful post I've seen regarding NightWave from the perspective of a new player. I take it then, from your experience, that it is too difficult for a new player to complete enough challenges to get some of the Creds to buy aura mods or blueprints? I wish I could remember how long it took me to get certain aura mods/blueprints from Alerts as a new player so I could compare it to the pacing of Nightwave. All I remember is reading about Energy Siphon on the wiki and then waiting what seemed like forever for an Alert to pop up that I had access to. To be fair though, it took me a lot longer than was necessary because I didn't even know that other players could taxi me to the alert until after Nightwave started and people mentioned that as a perk of the old system.

alerts: 4 nitain at 4 times of the day if any form of life distracts you too bad *had to wait 5 days just to get the nitain then 1 day for parts then 3 for frame total time waiting 9 days for vauban prime*

NW: get to rank 1 *via doing the 8 waves in ESO nailing out also kill 500 enemies so 1 rank in one mission* get 150 credits go to offers 5x nitain for 15

*buys 50 nitain* 

i just did 12 and half days of nitain farming in one mission wow that was so much effort i might have to ask DE to make it easier /s 

it takes 189 nitain (currently have 161) to build everything involving nitain once only repeatable BP for it? aura forma 

everything else is a frame/archwing part or weapon 

Alerts had way more cons then night wave does imho 

Edited by seprent

1 hour ago, IntheCoconut said:

[...]

That is the most insightful post I've seen regarding NightWave from the perspective of a new player. I take it then, from your experience, that it is too difficult for a new player to complete enough challenges to get some of the Creds to buy aura mods or blueprints? I wish I could remember how long it took me to get certain aura mods/blueprints from Alerts as a new player so I could compare it to the pacing of Nightwave. All I remember is reading about Energy Siphon on the wiki and then waiting what seemed like forever for an Alert to pop up that I had access to. To be fair though, it took me a lot longer than was necessary because I didn't even know that other players could taxi me to the alert until after Nightwave started and people mentioned that as a perk of the old system.

I never let anybody taxi me. When I was able to get Energy Siphon, it was like a super special thing I remember. I play a lot with Nyx and I remember I was in trouble with a defense in the Chroma quest, the one in the derelict. I played all the quests by myself, that was mandatory for me. I had Excalibur, Oberon and Nyx at the time. I was asking to my first stupid clan, it was a really stupid clan, If there was a mod to recharge energy because spamming Chaos I thought I could succeed, the objective was very easy for the enemies to take down, and one of the member offered it to me for some platinum which I didn't have because I had spent the initial 50 for the slots. I waited for the alert and that was in my mind from the beginning... The first one, I failed the mission and missed it out. I waited for another to get Energy Siphon and then I get it and succeeded in the Chroma defense. Man, that was cool! That's a game for me. This kind of things drawn me into the game with the time. I can't feel the same with those stupid Nora tasks but maybe is only a personal point of view and how you want to approach something. For me, there was much more adventure and fun before and I'm so happy Nora Night wasn't there to bother me while I fought my own way for Chroma and Energy Siphon. 🙂

10 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

It forces its gaming community to play stuff they don't enjoy playing - again and again and again and again -

Sure, and Alert didn't force you to play a specific mission on a specific node against a specific faction on a specific level at a specific time; again and again and again, in the case of Nitain.

17 hours ago, KroneVanguard said:

I never let anybody taxi me. When I was able to get Energy Siphon, it was like a super special thing I remember. I play a lot with Nyx and I remember I was in trouble with a defense in the Chroma quest, the one in the derelict. I played all the quests by myself, that was mandatory for me. I had Excalibur, Oberon and Nyx at the time. I was asking to my first stupid clan, it was a really stupid clan, If there was a mod to recharge energy because spamming Chaos I thought I could succeed, the objective was very easy for the enemies to take down, and one of the member offered it to me for some platinum which I didn't have because I had spent the initial 50 for the slots. I waited for the alert and that was in my mind from the beginning... The first one, I failed the mission and missed it out. I waited for another to get Energy Siphon and then I get it and succeeded in the Chroma defense. Man, that was cool! That's a game for me. This kind of things drawn me into the game with the time. I can't feel the same with those stupid Nora tasks but maybe is only a personal point of view and how you want to approach something. For me, there was much more adventure and fun before and I'm so happy Nora Night wasn't there to bother me while I fought my own way for Chroma and Energy Siphon. 🙂

Thanks for sharing your perspective when you were new. Reading through your post, I think I felt similarly as a new player. I do remember seeing alerts pop up with rewards that I needed/wanted and getting really excited with my friends to jump into the mission.

But I also know the novelty wore off pretty quick and I stopped doing alerts and pretty much ignored them entirely, only begrudgingly dragging my feet through the occasional Gift of the Lotus. In that regard, I don't think anything has changed for me personally when it comes to Nightwave. The challenges are just as forgettable to me as the Alerts were. There also isn't anything in Nora's rotating shop that I need or want, so like alerts, this part is going to go mostly ignored by me. I'll gladly take whatever potatoes and nitain I can get of course, but I'm not interested in prestiging past tier 30 myself.

The only reason I'm doing it is for the tiered rewards like the cosmetics, mods, and forma. Nightwave to me is exactly the same as Alerts were in terms of gameplay; not that exciting or engaging to play. The difference now though is that I have seasonal rewards that interest me, and I can be more selective about what challenges I want to complete and when to do them. That is why I personally prefer this system over Alerts but to each his own.

Edited by IntheCoconut