Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removeing alerts was a terrible idea

On 2019-07-11 at 1:28 AM, Tellakey said:

Simple fix to all our issues:

Step 1. Remove alerts

Step 2. Remove Nightwave ranks and exclusives

Step 3. Every challenge provides you with X amount of credits wherewith to purchase the once alert-exclusives from the Nora store.

Why couldn't DE just do that?

Too simple - DE got confused and ordis exploded.

On 2019-07-11 at 12:28 AM, Tellakey said:

Simple fix to all our issues:

Step 1. Remove alerts

Step 2. Remove Nightwave ranks and exclusives

Step 3. Every challenge provides you with X amount of credits wherewith to purchase the once alert-exclusives from the Nora store.

Why couldn't DE just do that?

But I like the "exclusives"

It's also been suggested that exclusives from previous series will be added to Cred Offerings.

On 2019-07-10 at 10:33 PM, Marvelous_A said:

"But...NW gives you the same reward only with 100x the effort! And it gifts you something they could have just put into the market or events!"

More like the same rewards at a fraction of the effort, plus some extra rewards on top.

The first rank of Nightwave Series 2 gives 150 Cred. For 15 Cred, you can buy 5 Nitain.

You can buy 50 Nitain for just doing 2 of the Weekly Acts.

With the Alert system, you would only see Alerts for 1 Nitain as a reward, 4 times per day, spread out. You might not be able to play for each and every one. So not only did you need to do 50 Alert missions to get that same amount, BUT, it would take you weeks to reach that.

It was such a freaking chore to try to farm Nitain through Alerts. I almost wish I still needed it.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)SavageWisdom- said:

The solution to fix this is a simple one, bring alerts back, only instead of blueprints and resources, have them reward you some Nightwave standing.

As part of Weeklies and Elites like I proposed, sure why not. Certainly be more engaging than gilding stuff and fishing. Just leave the RNG snooze-and-lose garbage out.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

On 2019-07-11 at 11:49 AM, trst said:

And the biggest flaws of the alert system have been constant issues since their inception and have driven away a lot of players. We had the system for so long with no other alternatives that people who stuck around got used to and accepted their flaws.

The specific issues were their awfully random nature and short time windows. When your progression gets slowed down by lacking Catalysts, Reactors, specific auras, or even Vauban and you miss an alert because it started in the middle of the night or when you were busy was an issue that I've seen drive away a lot of players.

In my own personal experience it took me months to finish Vauban and I didn't even own every aura until NW started.

NW isn't perfect but your progression is no longer gated by arbitrary time windows that you can end up missing due to factors outside your control. This alone makes the system far better than the alert system ever could have been on its own.

Your progression isn’t gated by arbitrary time windows?

what if Nora doesn’t bring the aura you want for a month? 🤔

That part is still very much the same.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Your progression isn’t gates by arbitrary time windows?

what if Nora doesn’t bring the aura you want for a month? 🤔

That party is still very much the same.

With alerts there was no way to know when the alert you wanted would drop, could be that day or months from then, and there was no guarantee you would have been available to even get it.

And sure auras are still slightly arbitrarily gated if you miss the rotation with it but we also don't currently know if there is a pattern to rotations. We do however know that when a season begins the aura you want will be available in at least one of the rotations which is far more of a guarantee than alerts ever gave.

But the other key progression items are always available regardless as well as some selection of auras.

3 minutes ago, trst said:

With alerts there was no way to know when the alert you wanted would drop, could be that day or months from then, and there was no guarantee you would have been available to even get it.

Then make all future alerts have a 24-48 timer with a limit of 5 up at one time. When you complete one, if another is up, it will take its place.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Then make all future alerts have a 24-48 timer with a limit of 5 up at one time. When you complete one, if another is up, it will take its place.

At that point the items might as well just be deposited into your inventory when the alerts popped up. The ultimate end-point of instant gratification.

However that wouldn't even fix the issue of how rare Catalysts and Reactors were from standard alerts. And even in such a system with time windows that large you could fully expect them to be made substantially more rare than they already were.

28 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

11 minutes ago, trst said:

At that point the items might as well just be deposited into your inventory when the alerts popped up. The ultimate end-point of instant gratification.

However that wouldn't even fix the issue of how rare Catalysts and Reactors were from standard alerts. And even in such a system with time windows that large you could fully expect them to be made substantially more rare than they already were.

What Tinklzs is saying is that their wouldn't be just 5 or 6 alerts out at one time, their would be more like 20 or 30, with you only being able to see a few randomly chosen ones.

1 hour ago, Tinklzs said:

33 minutes ago, (PS4)SavageWisdom- said:

What Tinklzs is saying is that their wouldn't be just 5 or 6 alerts out at one time, their would be more like 20 or 30, with you only being able to see a few randomly chosen ones.

So, an RNG layer on top of RNG snooze-and-lose garbage, just with longer duration, and playing missions to re-roll.

"I'm not getting the ones I want, so I'm going to play this one I don't want just to re-roll the thing until I get the one I want."

"Nope. Not it. Still not it. Damnit. Come on, RNG."

"Ah crap, I spent so long grinding to re-roll the RNG for the Alert I want, which appeared nearly 24 hours before I started this, it has now expired."

See the problems here?

Edited by KnossosTNC

1 hour ago, trst said:

So.... nightwave?  Considering nightwave is 10 weeks and you only need 60% to of them done to get 100%.

1 hour ago, KnossosTNC said:

So, an RNG layer on top of RNG snooze-and-lose garbage, just with longer duration, and playing missions to re-roll.

"I'm not getting the ones I want, so I'm going to play this one I don't want just to re-roll the thing until I get the one I want."

"Nope. Not it. Still not it. Damnit. Come on, RNG."

"Ah crap, I spent so long grinding to re-roll the RNG for the Alert I want, which appeared nearly 24 hours before I started this, it has now expired."

See the problems here?

Actually, the alert idea I had is just a reskinned version of Gift of The Lotus.  Those show up and stay for 24-36 hours (depending if they're event related or not).  So you would only see 3-5 alerts at one time. If another alert happens to pop up during the time you have those 3-5 (and you haven't completed them for whatever reason), when you do complete one, if there is another available, it will be up immediately.

I think the old alert system has it's flaws, just like nightwave, however I understand the arguments for both here.  I think a combo of both is fine, have at least x2 nitain alerts that show up per week that give x5 each (and have 24-48hr timers). Then maybe 1-2 with potatoes every other week .  If they want to make it interesting, have it limit you to a handful of frames or something (like a challenge system). Otherwise I think it's okay, definitely not advocating for RNG on RNG.   

It would give you some rewards that you might be after with nightwave (but can't get for a few weeks due to limitations on nightwave), but not disappear in an hour like old alerts (so you need to be on around the clock). It's a win - win. 

I have a question:

Today I started the game. There was the 150 jumps challenge. I went with Ember Prime to E Gate in single player, killed the 60 (if I remember) enemies pretty fast, than I stopped in the large area near the extraction point and started to jump until I completed the challenge. Is this fun for you? Is this better than an alert? Then I quitted. 😐

For me it's not even a video game, it's a joke. "What a yoke!" 😄

• Like 2

Nightwave is mostly fine (S#&$ty implementation and S#&$ty lore wise its kinda a cluster #*!%) biggest problem i have is how de want to limit us so much standing is limited for everything daily and in small amounts its bullS#&$, nightwave literally has S#&$ty challenge reward points and still limits you so much, is it that hard to add in revolving passive points we could obtain through multiple missions for small point rewards aka the bullet jump missions and such should revolve for smaller amounts of points but you can keep doing them if you want, and most standing in this game should either be un limited or damn near tripled daily intake amount, for syndicates i do 1  mission and thats it for the day, gaining syndicate points always feels good due to some extra passive rewarding since we dont have scaling rewards or no S#&$ anyway cause de love limiting us 

10 minutes ago, KroneVanguard said:

I have a question:

Today I started the game. There was the 150 jumps challenge. I went with Ember Prime to E Gate in single player, killed the 60 (if I remember) enemies pretty fast, than I stopped in the large area near the extraction point and started to jump until I completed the challenge. Is this fun for you? Is this better than an alert? Then I quitted. 😐

im pretty sure most of the challenges if you sat down to do them specifically would be a "yoke" i just did some fissures and finished it not really paying attention to it like 150 with X or kill 500 stuff we were probably already going to do anyway i can understand the challenges existence though we bullet jump ALOT 

also its quit not quitted not trying to be mean but i first read that as quilted like making a quilt 

12 minutes ago, KroneVanguard said:

I have a question:

Or don't worry about it and naturally bullet jump a few hundred times over the course of a few missions. 

Was that your last mission for the next three days?

2 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

Actually, the alert idea I had is just a reskinned version of Gift of The Lotus.  Those show up and stay for 24-36 hours (depending if they're event related or not).  So you would only see 3-5 alerts at one time. If another alert happens to pop up during the time you have those 3-5 (and you haven't completed them for whatever reason), when you do complete one, if there is another available, it will be up immediately.

I think the old alert system has it's flaws, just like nightwave, however I understand the arguments for both here.  I think a combo of both is fine, have at least x2 nitain alerts that show up per week that give x5 each (and have 24-48hr timers). Then maybe 1-2 with potatoes every other week .  If they want to make it interesting, have it limit you to a handful of frames or something (like a challenge system). Otherwise I think it's okay, definitely not advocating for RNG on RNG.   

It would give you some rewards that you might be after with nightwave (but can't get for a few weeks due to limitations on nightwave), but not disappear in an hour like old alerts (so you need to be on around the clock). It's a win - win. 

I have a few questions.

1. Do these extended alerts have set start times and durations?

2. Why gate off all but a handful of these Alerts at a time? Why not just let everyone see everything?

3. If the answer to 1 is no, how are the replacement Alerts chosen, if not by RNG?

4. I upgraded my PC last year, and had a couple of problems. My water cooler didn't work properly, and my PSU I ordered online shorted out after a couple months. In both cases, I had to wait a week for my first opportunity to go to the shops to get my replacements. Say I was low on Nitain and potatoes again, and must use any means available to acquire more of them. Now, say my PC was once again unavailable to me for what ever reason for about a week. What am I missing out on, and how do I get them back?

Well crap, I think I just discovered another axe in my closet. The thing seems to go on forever.

1 hour ago, KroneVanguard said:

I have a question:

:facepalm: It's meant to be 1,000 Standing you can earn easily and/or passively. You have 3 days to do it, and you don't have do it in one mission. I bullet jump around like a spastic kangaroo anyway, so I'll be going straight to my daily stuff when I log on in a minute.

I swear, people complaining about things these days...

Edited by KnossosTNC