Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How far do ya'll think railjack mechanics will stretch?

I think it will but not until the star chart is completed. My main theory though is that Empyrean will help us send the fight to the Sentients in their system as well as deliver us to the Duviri world. I think the railjack space battles is about 5% of what Empyrean and The New War is going to be.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Do yo think every starchart mission (with exceptions) will become like railjack areas. I don't know why not.

2 hours ago, Colyeses said:

I don't think so. For one, Archwing is integral to Railjack and isn't unlocked till Mars, IIRC. And for another, the demo only showed five planets, I think.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

I think it will but not until the star chart is completed. My main theory though is that Empyrean will help us send the fight to the Sentients in their system as well as deliver us to the Duviri world. I think the railjack space battles is about 5% of what Empyrean and The New War is going to be.

No, it will not, Railjack will be out way before new war. Railjack will NOT be pushed back, just to get every single thing from the star chart, this theory is wrong

If Fortuna has anything to do with it, it will be out in phases.

1 hour ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

That's an insane claim, but I suppose time will tell.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

This isn't a theory thread.

Tell that to the person actually making the theories.

We won't require every star chart mission.  By the looks of things, Railjack will have it's own star chart.  At best, they might be able to allow us to access certain Warframe nodes via Railjack.  Take out the support fleet, bust into the Grineer galleon, now you're running a sabotage mission on a Grineer galleon or Corpus frigate.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

I doubt it'll retroactively change too much content. I'm more betting it'll go the other way - it becoming the basis for future content. A 'soft reset' if you will, since the starchart and related content such as sorties is getting a bit packed up.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Unfortunately, I think it will be it's own isolated set of missions, like Kuva Fortress. If we're lucky it won't be a one-off jump to the finish line within a week then never go back...like most content is.

Steve said Railjack is gonna be incorporated to the main game. For example you can fly to ground mission nodes with the railjack. They learned their lesson with Open Worlds being an "you go to the island when you burned out then comeback". But time will tell.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Steve said Railjack is gonna be incorporated to the main game. For example you can fly to ground mission nodes with the railjack. They learned their lesson with Open Worlds being an "you go to the island when you burned out then comeback". But time will tell.

I hope that's the case. But the Tennocon preview of Railjack showed them going to planetary locations specific to furthering their objective in space so it may be far more limited than just full starchart access. 

We can only hope for the best until it's release then. As much as I love DE, anything they say before content is released is purely an ephemeral goal since things are frequently changed and/or scrapped, seemingly right up to launch day lol.

When WF first launched. It was grineer astroid mines and corpus ship tiles from Mercury to Pluto. Over time each planet came into it's own.

We will likely see a handful of different objectives interconnected between all planets and they will add and change and expand and slowly give each quadrant it's own feel.

• Like 1

Well, considering how huge gas city has become, I also see a soft reset happening. There is so much content within the lores of each planet and, with Railjack in the mix, it makes since to have a larger outer atmosphere zone that's just as robust as the inner atmosphere nodes per planet. Here's why I said Railjack ships will be but a small part of what's coming in Empyrean and The New War:

1) Archwing 2.0 - Archwing missions, usage, stage depth and importance will all get the gas city treatment, in that the size and depth of the zones will match the capabilities of the archwings and their artillery and speed. The controls are fine except when navigating corridors. By minimizing the tight spaces, increasing enemy activity and allowing for rewarding exploration and recon, you'll have a completely different game. The orbiter won't be needed unless descending to the surface so all space missions now begin and end through the Railjack.

2) Steve originally wanted Empyrean as the game. That's major considering how huge warframe is now...which the current game was the substitute game!!

3) We still haven't seen, explored or even tasted the Tao system, Duviri looks like it's in the void and The New War has its own world to explore.