Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For all the People hating Nightwave because it "forces" you to do something.

Scharfohr

Just now, Scharfohr said:

Shouldn't by that logic DE stop doing events all together? since it forces you to do something you may not want to.

I'm forced to grind Kuva to roll a riven that either I want, or to sell for plat so I can have those tasty cosmetics for FashionFrame. Rivens should be deleted. 

I'm forced to grind focus (ESO, Eidolons) to cap my Focus Ways. Operator mode should be deleted. 

Actually, come to think about it, Warframe forces me to do stuff for stuff I want. The game should be deleted. 

10/10 agree. also /s if it's really needed. 

• Like 7

My only complaints now are the lack of easy "pick-up" missions that Alerts gave for good aimless co-op and quick drop-in gameplay.

Also a few of the weeklies are just "Waste these resources" and the rewards are...questionable at times (I seriously don't need all these bloody sigils...)

Other than that it isn't a big issue, I just miss the Alert system for different reasons that most would expect.

• Like 1

I'm not forced to do anything. Of course I want the rewards, but that doesn't stop my lazy ass not going too much out of my way for them. 

People seem to be too easily effected by the whole "fear of missing out" mentality. I think DE is being alright with it though. It's something to keep players coming back, even if they aren't super thrilled about it. Sales go up when more people play. 😛

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

My only complaints now are the lack of easy "pick-up" missions that Alerts gave for good aimless co-op and quick drop-in gameplay.

Fissures are pretty good for that. There’s usually at least one fissure up for a game mode you enjoy playing.

• Like 4

Dunno if this thread is going to get closed for being "complaining about complaining" or not, but here goes.

I actually get it. Alerts asked you to do stuff. Nightwave asks you to do a bit more stuff, and some stuff that just seems a bit inane, like Forma-ing and gilding stuff. That, even I don't particularly like, but they're so easy they're just not worth getting too mad over for me. Increased effort and inanity for less instantaneity of rewards is going to ruffle a few feathers. I have even personally communicated that in my own feedback to DE.

But I also realise that the internet amplifies emotions and narrows perspective, so people can't see the pros and cons in things and find it hard to maintain emotional equilibrium. As someone once told me; "people go on the internet to b****." It's just the way it is, not much you can do about.

Nightwave has flaws, but I will always appreciate one simple fact: Alerts and its dumb RNG snooze-and-lose is dead, and good riddance. I can take all of my time and plan out my entire day and week of Warframe; exactly what time I'm going to do what and how long, instead of having some dumb little squares on a map popping out of nowhere to ruin those plans or make me regret having them.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 2

Just now, swiftasacoursing said:

Fissures are pretty good for that. There’s usually at least one fissure up for a game mode you enjoy playing.

That's what I've fallen back on, but it just kinda doesn't feel the same...I know that sounds stupid but I can't put my finger on what feels different exactly.

26 minutes ago, Scharfohr said:

Shouldn't by that logic DE stop doing events all together? since it forces you to do something you may not want to.

You usually get the event rewards in less than a day, whereas with Nightwave, it's constant grinding for f*ck all rewards. I'm fine with doing events because they aren't wasting my time. I'm not fine with Nightwave because it IS wasting my time. And if I don't wanna do the event, the rewards will return to a Baro rotation near me rather soon, whereas that won't happen with Nightwave rewards.

23 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Rivens should be deleted

Yes please!

Edited by Gabbynaru

13 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Good. Now you're starting to see the problem.... :)

1 minute ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Also by that logic players should stop playing altogether, since it forces them to be loot-happy space ninjas. :wink:

Just now, Zelmen said:

The internet make me see things I wish I didn't. DELETE THE INTERNET!!

Therefore, the only solutions to Warframe is to delete existence as we know it. 

Can't be forced when you don't exist. 

6916817FD76AAFF8A4B1D735EE15512A233DE10B

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

The salt from this would be amusing beyond anything the Forums have ever generated.

We could make an endless amount of popcorn and french fries with that amount of salt.

Edited by Aldain

I get the complaint and frustration against certain challenges (Forma, Gilding), but DE listened and changed a lot based on community feedback (catch up, no w/ friend mission, reducing the number of times you have to repeat a mission, reduced the total number to complete a week, creds as an early tier reward, and more).

I haven't played in over a month due to real-life obligations, so I missed the intermission. I signed in for the first time since Season 1, and I completed the majority of week 1 challenges in less than an hour. A lot of that time was spent bullet-jumping around my orbiter while bullsh*tting with my friends on Discord. I got my first tier reward, bought the Wisp alt helmet, and then logged off feeling super satisfied with the progress I made. I'll sign on tonight and maybe I'll do more NW stuff, or maybe I'll just chill and fool around (or maybe both?!). I don't feel pressured or stressed at all.

Edited by IntheCoconut

35 minutes ago, Scharfohr said:

Because one design works it doesn't excuse an awful design that's wearing out players.

33 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

People complain about anything, even if it's exponentially better then the system that it replaced.  Forcing you to play the game isn't really bad, because if you dislike playing the game so much maybe you shouldn't play it.  

Or maybe you don't tell people to not play the game, especially if those people have been for way longer here than you have? Just because something works for you it doesn't meant that it works for everyone. The entitlement from people nowdays.

20 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Dunno if this thread is going to get closed for being "complaining about complaining" or not, but here goes.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Meta complaining which is complaining about complaints is not constructive. Just saying.

While it was part of it when asked this i mostly asked because i am serious with this question because i simply cant understand most of the hate.

While Nightwave still has it flaws and needs some more finetuning(Forma/Gild Mission) (though i think Season 2 did already good start here) it's way better than the RNG S#&$show we had before. (outside of maybe  for the People that had like 16h a day to jump in or standing up at 3 am to do an alert). 95 % of the alerts were pretty much irrelant for most of the player base (80 Endo reward, single rare ressource etc.)

Also what bothered me in most discussion that many people seem to ignore that you dont need to do everything. I skipped Eidolon, Groove Mission, half of the Bounty Mission, half the fishing missions and some more stuff in NW 1 i easily reached the level 30 even before it was prolonged and i am pretty sure that they wont lower the duration below the 10 weeks with what NW 1 started.

Edited by Scharfohr

3 minutes ago, kyori said:

So what/who forced OP to play warframe?

Nobody *totally not having a knife poking around in my back*

21 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

I'm sorry, was this thread serious?

Semi-Serious. Part of is really meant as an honest Question because i fail to understand most of the hate.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Because one design works it doesn't excuse an awful design that's wearing out players.

Or maybe you don't tell people to not play the game, especially if those people have been for way longer here than you have? Just because something works for you it doesn't meant that it works for everyone. The entitlement from people nowdays.

I agree that Season 1 had quite a bit of flaws bit and was a bit overbearing with the amount of missions, in my Opinion most of it got resolved by Season 2 (at least in the first Impression, Gilding/Forma is still dumb)

Also complaining about entitled People here while bringing the time they are in the game as an argument is a bit contradicting isn't it? Especially he also already 2,5 years here (at least according to his forum profile).

20 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Just because something works for you it doesn't meant that it works for everyone.

You realize that this argument also works vise-versa here? Just because it's doesn't works for the people complaining here doesn't mean it isn't working for the rest. I, for example went from Log-In, Press Alt + F4 outside of Events to playing more again. 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

he's telling people to not play a game they dislike. not telling them to quit. why does play time even matter in this discussion? if it works for the majority of the community, i'm doubtful DE will try to please the small and loud 1% who dislike it. if we're going to bring up entitlement in this game, saying you want to get rewarded for not doing something you called easy is a prime example of it.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

I have over 3K hours in the game.  Have been playing for over 3 years.  Nightwave is better sorry you can't see why.