Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For all the People hating Nightwave because it "forces" you to do something.

Scharfohr

2 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Who in their right mind will farm all of that.

The players that just want to collect everything are grinders to their core so they will appreciate a bit of a challenge.

Nightwave is a braindead system with 0 challenge.

Hate to break it to you, but this game has virtually no challenge in regards to starchart level enemies already if you know what you're doing in regards to modding.  

3 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Who in their right mind will farm all of that.

The players that just want to collect everything are grinders to their core so they will appreciate a bit of a challenge.

Nightwave is a braindead system with 0 challenge.

Can you tell me what's so challenging about waiting for an alert? Please inform me where the challenge is in that. 

Alerts were a braindead system with 0 challenge. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Both are and were braindead systems with 0 challenge.

Not that I seek any 😛

For once you're speaking my language. Neither system was challenging. But I would argue Nightwave needs at least a working brain cell to figure out how to do the tasks in an optimal way. 

21 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

Some common complaints about NW vs Alerts:

If you don't want to be told what to do, then alerts were no better.

If you don't like the time limitation of 1 week (while still being able to go back and do them), then alerts were significantly worse.

If you had limited play time, then alerts were significantly worse.

If rewards were important, then alerts were significantly worse.

If repeated tasks is an issue, then alerts had far limited tasks.

If not being able to rush to 30+ for all rewards on NW is an issue, then alerts were significantly worse.

If the low difficulty of NW is an issue, then alerts were no better.

If you're a "veteran" with everything, then alerts were unrewarding.

Most alerts weren't worth doing, so you didn't do them...alerts required 0 commitment. Told what to do for 1 mission doesn't compare to being told what to do for 10+ weeks.

If an alert happened to pop up while you were playing that had a reward you deemed useful (nitain, alt helmet, kitty-code) it was a nice/unexpected bonus.

I never installed an app to check alerts, I can't play 24/7, I still eventually got the Nitain, aura mods, and alt helmets I wanted.

New players got taxis to alerts on nodes they hadn't unlocked, it was fine.

10 weeks is a long time to wait for boring time gated chores to be doled out so that you can finally let your operator role play as a charcoal briquette...

In summary:

Alerts - not great, easy to ignore

NW - also not great, less easy to ignore because rewards are better

• Like 1

Going to be locking this thread as it very much appears to be a metacomplaint. 

Please keep in mind that users are free to express their opinions on the game, including nightwave. If they dislike it and believe they are being 'forced' to do something they don't want to, they're allowed to say as such. If you want to discuss or debate their points, your best bet is to do it in the feedback thread(s) dedicated to it. 

Creating additional threads to complain about or discourage others from posting opinions that differ from yours is not a constructive use of the forums.