Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founder's Packs

Kyuta

I played and became a Founder of FireFall and that is where this suggestion comes from, but I was thinking it would be great if Founders got a permenent Affinity/Credit boost based on their Founder level.  For example Disciple would get a 0%-2% boost, Hunter would get a 5% boost, Master a 10% boost, and Grandmaster a 15% boost.  Again those numbers were taken from the FireFall Founder program with exception of Disciple since FireFall only had three tiers.

Gives more incentive to actually donate I suppose..

Well yeah... I suppose leveling up faster isn't like more powerful weapons or something. There really isn't a competition going on to see who can get mastery rank faster.

Hmm.

I don't know... It can still cause problems with the free players vs paid players. I don't know if you remember but Free Players vs. Founders crusades here in the forums months ago were terrible. lol.

You'd have free players claiming P2W and us founders having an unfair advantage then.

They can already claim that because there are Affinity/Credit Boosters in the Market that double the Affinity and Credits gained and required real money just like most other F2P games.  Not to mention obtaining weapons, frames, potatos, and Forma is a lot easier if you pay real money to get them, so I find this to be invalid and they just want to cry.

Edited by Kyuta

They can already claim that because there are Affinity/Credit Boosters in the Market that double the Affinity and Credits gained and required real money just like most other F2P games.  Not to mention obtaining weapons, frames, potatos, and Forma is a lot easier if you pay real money to get them, so I find this to be invalid and they just want to cry.

Well yeah of course. We can buy affinity boosters at any time. But what the OP is talking about is an affinity booster that's around all the time for a founder, after which a founder can buy an additional affinity booster and thus always remain at an advantage, because the free player won't have that 15% constant affinity boost.

It's not day one for me here. I don't think there is anything to "pay to win" in this co-op game. However you can't deny though that a majority of the players on Warframe are not founders and if founders have this advantage, free players will get sour over it.

It's not healthy for the game to already have these class distinctions. Months ago you'd have free players attacking Grand Masters for no reason and vice versa. Luckily those days are gone now. To give founders this constant 15% affinity boost may cause some problems between the two groups all over again.

Well yeah of course. We can buy affinity boosters at any time. But what the OP is talking about is an affinity booster that's around all the time for a founder, after which a founder can buy an additional affinity booster and thus always remain at an advantage, because the free player won't have that 15% constant affinity boost.

It's not day one for me here. I don't think there is anything to "pay to win" in this co-op game. However you can't deny though that a majority of the players on Warframe are not founders and if founders have this advantage, free players will get sour over it.

It's not healthy for the game to already have these class distinctions. Months ago you'd have free players attacking Grand Masters for no reason and vice versa. Luckily those days are gone now. To give founders this constant 15% affinity boost may cause some problems between the two groups all over again.

Well it was just an idea.  Like I said it was done in FireFall with no apparent negative lash back (granted I never visited the forums so...) and they stopped offering their Founder's Program a few months ago.  However I recognize that FireFall is an entirely different game with different gaming mechanics where the additional XP gain by founders may have a neligable affect.  Where as Warframe it's all about ranking up and farming so the affect may be more prevalent.  I just thought it'd be a nice additional reward to those that supported the game early on.  Cryers are going to cry no matter what happens.  When I'm on the other side of the fense (and I have been there before) I cry about not having found the game sooner so I could have gotten a piece of that pie, not that they got it and I didn't. 

What I wonder is this: when I bought the Hunter's Pack, I spent $50 and got Excalibur Prime with 1220 platinum and a founder badge. If I spend $50 more, I get 1990 platinum with a new badge, a skana prime sword and access to the Design Council. I'm not really interested in being on the Design Council as it's just voting on new things. So, what I'm wondering is, for $50 I get a sword and 1990 platinum? It would be nice if for the $50 more that I'd be spending that I would have an option to get a new Warframe. I've already spent $20 on platinum so I can have more inventory slots, reactors, forma, etc., so I'm just thinking the next $50 to upgrade my founders pack isn't really worth it to me if I'm just getting a sword that...well the swords in this game aren't great at all...and some platinum. I wish I'd have option for a new Prime Warframe instead.

Edited by Janzer

you donate ? you wasnt forced to do it, but you did for helping the game developpement. you can get nothing in change, but you got exclusive Stuff (Frame + 2 weapons) + Access to Design Council + your F***** name on our screens! WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN THIS???

i dont understand this humains...

Edited by DhoVakiiN