Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any plans to make tennogen non steam

Ha2x

Well, if you don't want to use steam, you can either try console ( they buy it with platinum, though their tennogen system works a bit differently compared to steam ) or get someone who does use steam to gift you one. Or at least, i think you can gift those...

But if you can indeed gift those, then you still have to deal with the issue of real money for the tennogen on pc so not sure how that will work out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-12 at 11:54 PM, ArturiaFayth said:

Well, if you don't want to use steam, you can either try console ( they buy it with platinum, though their tennogen system works a bit differently compared to steam ) or get someone who does use steam to gift you one. Or at least, i think you can gift those...

But if you can indeed gift those, then you still have to deal with the issue of real money for the tennogen on pc so not sure how that will work out.

you cannot gift tennogen, at most, you can ask a friend to link thier steam account to your warframe account, install the game, and buy it, but that would likely breach both DE and steam user agreement.

More importantly, not only does having Tennogen via Steam work shop make it harder for people on other platforms to BUY the products created by the community...but Steam just host the vote and yet gets (Please, correct me if I am wrong) a cut of the profits? 

I would really, dearly love for DE to host all voting & selling of Tennogen independently so that both the actual company & the artist who make these pieces could get paid more & more people would be able to purchase them. 

2 hours ago, DadMusashi said:

More importantly, not only does having Tennogen via Steam work shop make it harder for people on other platforms to BUY the products created by the community...but Steam just host the vote and yet gets (Please, correct me if I am wrong) a cut of the profits? 

I would really, dearly love for DE to host all voting & selling of Tennogen independently so that both the actual company & the artist who make these pieces could get paid more & more people would be able to purchase them. 

Neither Steam nor DE host any sort of voting, popular submissions definitely have a better chance to get selected but the selection is totally up to DE, no community vote involved. 

As far as certain Tennogen not making it to certain platforms that seems to be entierly something that is on the creator of the Tennogen not striking a deal with DE to sell that work. As my understanding goes with Valve/Workshop is handling some level of the payment processing however when DE wants to push that Tennogen on other platforms they need to essentially buy out the Artist for a lump sum (per platform) so they can put that Tennogen onto consoles. Also if you don't think Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo are taking a cut of those sales, think again my friend. 

There is no magical getting rid of the middleman. 

Edited by Oreades

5 hours ago, DadMusashi said:

Steam gets a cut of the sale because hosting a store isn't free. Steam isn't any different than physical stores like a Walmart, it's just digital. Digital stores still have expenses, and they are still subject to paying credit cards/paypal/banks/etc for transactions. Steam takes a cut to pay that all, plus more for profit.

Even if DE handled it on their own website, it's not as if creators would get much more, as all it means is now DE directly pays for some of the expenses, and DE still wouldn't handle everything. Payments on the DE site example are handled by a middleman, Digital River.

• Like 1