Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

zhuge/zhuge prime

Luciole77

I honestly did not understand this prime version! Why did not they add primary and secondary shooting in a quiet and alarming way? And why add self-damage in prime version? We do not want any more weapons like this ... we're disappointed enough with komorex! My God!

Edited by Luciole77
  • Like 5

I don't find Komorex a fair comparison. Zhuge Prime seems like a downgrade for me due to how the damage is split between the bolt/explosion, self damage, and 3 second reload. However, for the gimmick it offers, it can still be pretty fun. I agree a toggle mode would be nice so you can activate explosive bolts or use normal silent ones.

• Like 2

Hmmmm did not know that the Zhuge Prime did self damage, Used it when I bought it, forma’ed it twice never had the issue of it doing self damage, only thing that I did not like about it was that it was no longer silent, other wise it seemed to be a really good upgrade over non Zhuge prime.

1 hour ago, Luciole77 said:

we're disappointed enough with Komorex!

As for that weapon, I found it to be a really powerful weapon, you have too play with the build to find the sweet spot, if I remember when I get home I will post the build.

• Like 1

So far I like it, and I've been waiting for an actually good crossbow to take on sorties with bow only (not that I mind actual bows, I just like variety). But using a crossbow such as Zhuge it's quite the disappointment in the fact that it's noisy. Just like the Ballistica Prime, where they added those ghosts that basically send stealth out the window... 

So the question still stands. For when an actual stealthy prime/improved crossbow that we can take on sortie spies as an alternative to most good bows? Namely primary crossbows. That don't raise alarms.

• Like 1

Zhuge p is pretty good when multishot doesn't make delayed explosion bolts, I agree that is disappointing that the weapon was changed from silent to alarming in the prime, they should have kept the firing silent while the explosions alerting enemies.

I have no idea why they think every Crossbow needed a gimmick that they cannot turn off and f**king the sole purpose of the weapons. Looking back at Ballistica Prime, the Ghost can triggers an alarm which is making Stealth more difficult. Some may said just don't use Charged shot, but since normal shot deal only half the damage the damage output is significantly lower compare to Charged Shot.

Now with Zhuge Prime... deal only half damage when only explosion or bolt hit... What is the deal with half the damage with Crossbow, DE!!

PS. Zhuge Prime actually silent. Atleast, Ivara's Prowl isn't break when firing the bolt...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

[...]

PS. Zhuge Prime actually silent. Atleast, Ivara's Prowl isn't break when firing the bolt...

IIIIIINNNNTTTEEERREEESSTTTTIIIINNNGGGG...

I just finished building it, but haven't claimed it from the foundry yet, disappointed in the Alarming firing sound enough my reaction to it was mostly -_-

I'm going to Simulacrum test it and see if it triggers enemy awareness states.  It might be one of these weird cases like gunblades, which are part of a weapon category that is associated with being "silent" so they don't break Prowl... but still trigger enemy awareness because they ARE Alarming.  If it at least doesn't break Prowl... hm... might be worth some use anyway, since in most public matches enemy awareness is already triggered by allies anyway...

Thanks for this tidbit.

Same thing what happened with the  Cernos prime. Missed opportunities and plain bad execution. Sometimes they do silly things as well. 

They should play the game to know what works and what not. A bow should be silent otherwise no real use.  If they want  to add explosion and self damage on a weapon then put it to the secondary fire mode. 

Another messed item. 

Edited by Sziklamester
  • Like 4

It seem like a fan weapon, stats look good. Anyone tested it with Celestial Twin?

Still, it would be nice to have a silent upgraded/side-graded bow/crossbow (aside from Cernon Prime).

I guess Ivara Prime weapon is our only hope for sneaky archery.

Edit: and then Baza lovers will set forums on fire :).

Edited by rand0mname

21 hours ago, Voltage said:

I don't find Komorex a fair comparison. Zhuge Prime seems like a downgrade for me due to how the damage is split between the bolt/explosion, self damage, and 3 second reload. However, for the gimmick it offers, it can still be pretty fun. I agree a toggle mode would be nice so you can activate explosive bolts or use normal silent ones.

You sure its split i havent seen any indication of that?the prime versions still outperforms the regular one in the tests ive done

10 hours ago, Firedtm said:

Hmmmm did not know that the Zhuge Prime did self damage, Used it when I bought it, forma’ed it twice never had the issue of it doing self damage, only thing that I did not like about it was that it was no longer silent, other wise it seemed to be a really good upgrade over non Zhuge prime.

As for that weapon, I found it to be a really powerful weapon, you have too play with the build to find the sweet spot, if I remember when I get home I will post the build.

did you have shred on by any chance?  maybe with punchthru you arent getting the explosion problem.

4 hours ago, Methanoid said:

did you have shred on by any chance?  maybe with punchthru you arent getting the explosion problem.

used Prime Shred, I use it on most weapons because I love the punch through that it gives.

10 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

Same thing what happened with the  Cernos prime. Missed opportunities and plain bad execution. Sometimes they do silly things as well. 

They should play the game to know what works and what not. A bow should be silent otherwise no real use.  If they want  to add explosion and self damage on a weapon then put it to the secondary fire mode. 

Another messed item. 

and they had to buff cernos prime heavily ages later to make up for its crap design. 

I do not own this weapon yet, but my opinion in general of any bow or xbow is these weapons should be silent because none of these are automachine guns. Crossbows a bit faster in this game than the normal ones but the self damage and blast is not really fit to this weapon. The Lenz is a different story but the zhuge could have this option as a secondary fire mode while the main fire mode is silent and non self suicide.

The 3 second reloading time is in itself is a drawback but the self damage in this game is problematic, because too many object can cross your way. Enough if the silly ai helpers (specters) or your own pet decides just jump front of you then boom. This thing still not as annoying as the no silent kills. I am a bow user mainly and I like the silent killing and get the nice stealth kill bonuses for it but if this weapon just explode when hit a target then all of the enemies are alerted and basically you cannot get the stealth kill bonuses. 

Cernos is a different example but the same goes to Ivara's bow. The volley shot is not practical because if you wish to kill a single target or targets in line then you need to be tricky to kill those with this weapon. Alternative fire mode would be nice on both bows and the main could be the normal / single shot and the alt the volley. Still those who likes it could use it and not alienate those whom may not try the weapons because of this. 

I personally wants a handbow what I can apply on my one or both of my hands and kill fast-silent enemies. I do not have problem with the self damage if it is a launcher or a grenade type of weapon because those in reality also can kill the user if something is wrong. Bows/xbows should not kill you for using them. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Autongnosis said:

Consider the zhuge vs zhuge prime have actual DPS slanted fowards the zhuge. The only saving grace the prime has is double status triggers. This is basically spira prime 2.0

Considering Zhuge prime is mainly a slash weapon while the zhuge is a puncture weapon, use fangeled fuselade and search a riven with +status...