Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think is Warframe's biggest competitor?

Archimedes01

Destiny fans are so in denial...

You could get D2 for free a while back in like a whole month period. It still did nothing. The game is almost dead. Their f2p model is last attempt to save their pathetic game. But it will not change anything. Bungie is a crappy company for a while now.

Edited by InfinitusPhoenix

1 minute ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Destiny fans are so in denial...

You could get D2 for free a while back in like a whole month period. It still did nothing. The game is almost dead. Their f2p model is last attempt to save their pathetic game. But it will not change anything. Bungie is a crappy company for a while now.

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

DE knows what it's doing with Warframe - the pursuit of "endgame" as people seem to define it is a development dead end and a doomed race to keep ahead of players that will chew through months of work within hours of release.  Can't say any other developer has really recognized this and have opted to just keep it simple because "dur... everyone else is doing it!"

Yes, omg, this. Endgame in Warframe would have to be something totally outside the realm of anything we have in the game right now. 

I wish Dark Sector Conflicts would return (and perhaps they will after Empyrian), as that  was a legitimate endgame system. Of course, the problem there was click racing and elitist players DDoS'ing DE for a gameplay advantage. With their skills and tech nowadays, I hope we see DS Conflicts make a return.

1 hour ago, moostar95 said:

I disagree. Railjack will kill this game if DE #*!%s it up. I already see vets solely hate this mode because it isn't a cookie clicker like every other mode. For me, I'm hyped but skeptical.

I actually agree with this. Railjack could potentially ruin WF if it lacks depth and meaningful rewards, like most of their recent releases. I'm cautiously hyped as well because it seems they're adding depth to it, we'll see. However, if Railjack sucks, then yeah...D2's and BL3's releases will leads to a pretty big diaspora of players.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

It will hit hard. Vets will leave WF in droves, if Bungie does a good job with the redesign. I can only hope DE takes this seriously, even if the fanboys/girls don't care to.

Um. Most vets left Warframe already because of PoE and Fortuna.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MR9BCI said:

I dont know if you played Destiny, you probably did if you are playing WF from 14. Obviously we cant compare one thing with another, but one thing I really liked in Destiny 2 is how those mobs act, their AI is pretty well developed, they take cover, peek and shoot, gives you a challenge. 

Higher difficulty and challenging gameplay doesnt mean higher lvl bullet sponge enemies with more armor and health. And yes I would be very happy to see proper balancing for warframes and weapons as necessary to make it a bit more challenging (please dont say I need to do infinite survivals or play without mods to taste real end game). 

I have a friend, he is MR 24 I believe, he cant do his own MR tests sometimes. He came so far because buys and sells lots of rivens and made tons of plats from riven trading. So MR pushing to him is just sitting in hydron. Recently in arbitration he kept dying so I built him Inaros and bought him a pair of graces. Now he never dies. He thinks he reached the true end game, how silly is that? 

How are we allowed to farm latest open world bosses solo in minutes 😞

Are we playing the same destiny 2? I almost never see them taking cover when shot, or peeking

Now, there's something called 'power ceiling' as balancing where someone can't go any stronger so are you really sure you want it if tomorrow saryn can't nuke an entire map anymore or chroma can't get that 800% damage boost anymore? l for one see how potent saryn is in ESO where I can keep the efficiency at 100% and I can see a mountain, even a planet of salt when that power is taken away

See? The truth is not everyone can handle things like arbitration. I do arbitration without arcane and inaros just fine so the 'endgame' might be too hard for players like your friend. Just having a slightly more threatening enemy like a fast running melee nullifier makes many players scream so DE nerfed his running speed so I don't believe they're ready

So you don't like being allowed to farm latest open world bosses solo in minutes? Do you prefer taking an hour or so for bosses because I don't feel powerful if I can't dominate boss level enemies

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

DE got themselves into a mess with the power creep, which is why WF will probably never have challenging endgame content. WF is the only looter shooter on the market without properly scaling content and scaling rewards. Endgame content, like raids and dungeons, is something you have to design the game around. WF is a balance mess.

Unless you like things like nidus or saryn get their number trimmed (aka nerf) and able to convince those people that use them to wipe everything it's for the better, I don't think it will happen soon and what can we scale in rewards in warframe when you mostly get materials for things? I believe you already have millions of each materials

i am happy to report that there wont be much of competition for this game, DE put so much effort on constant updates that other devs will really have to strain themselves to catch up,  Warframe is one of a kind and i like it, however the biggest pet peeve i see in warframe is that everything gets one shot on most of you tasaks unless u get stock pile of  Axi relics, single daily end game mission set and thats it, most other things are too easy , there should be focus for i think on end game builds where you need that uber gear you farmed, most of games you can come nakled and get carried by someone, with the addition of different relics hunts i cant even get old school ODS or ODD in 5 mins ugh thats like getting annoying

On 2019-07-11 at 8:54 PM, DrivaMain said:

Many have rised to challenge Warframe, none succeded but ironically it made Warframe more popular. I could safely say Warframe has no real deal competitor at the moment. But Destiny 2 (base game) going Free to Play might spark the competition again.

And empyrean releasing will put destiny right back in the ground.

30 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Are we playing the same destiny 2? I almost never see them taking cover when shot, or peeking

Now, there's something called 'power ceiling' as balancing where someone can't go any stronger so are you really sure you want it if tomorrow saryn can't nuke an entire map anymore or chroma can't get that 800% damage boost anymore? l for one see how potent saryn is in ESO where I can keep the efficiency at 100% and I can see a mountain, even a planet of salt when that power is taken away

See? The truth is not everyone can handle things like arbitration. I do arbitration without arcane and inaros just fine so the 'endgame' might be too hard for players like your friend. Just having a slightly more threatening enemy like a fast running melee nullifier makes many players scream so DE nerfed his running speed so I don't believe they're ready

So you don't like being allowed to farm latest open world bosses solo in minutes? Do you prefer taking an hour or so for bosses because I don't feel powerful if I can't dominate boss level enemies

I just finished 8 waves ESO for NW solo with my Saryn and it was so easy it felt wrong. I want to see enemy buffs to a level where doing something like that needs a proper TEAM. When Saryn alone isnt enough, she will need a CC like Slova, buff from Rhino, a second DPS like Volt. That would be more fun, more enjoyable and that would harden the bond in the community. Its a PVE game, least we can do is focus more on the Co-OP part. 

Difficulty in game pushed players to learn, to prepare better and try harder, thats something I want to see! I want my friend to realize that he cant be immortal with his inaros, he needs support from him team mates and also get better at dodging, taking cover, not walking in the middle of enemy fire like a god. 

And its OK if everyone cant handle higher difficulty at the beginning, thats the point, you have to get better. You have to raise the bar higher for us to aim for it. Why cant people learn to deal with nullifiers with their operator? bring a beam or fast firing secondary to deal with them? I remember always keeping my  Akstiletto with me for them, when I was in mid game. 

Do tridolons take hours? No, we min maxed the team synergy so hard that we can do 3/4 or even 3/5. We took the challenge and found a way to farm them efficiently but that takes a team, that takes build. I was MR17 and never did Eidolons because it felt hard. Then one day I decided its enough I gotta learn this thing. So I got my harrow, and spammed recruit char "LF Tridolons harrow here" and people like .. We want only players with 100+ captures done. That felt so bad, but that motivated me to try harder, and eventually I did my 100+ captures. 

You have to trust in the ability of your players. When there is proper reward, people will want to face harder challenges and they will overcome it. Its just human nature, and it will make the game more enjoyable. A low level players needs to ask for help to deal with higher content and that is exactly what should motivate him to get better, stronger. 

• Like 2

On 2019-07-12 at 10:56 AM, 844448 said:

What is the sustainable content in PSO I wonder?

Emergency Quests and the actual story itself with all the different EQs it brings with it and the progression system with the classes, skills, and rare gear items, as well as leveling up through these quests. Since it's coming to the west with all its content throughout these 8 years it will have a lot.

Destiny free from Activision might provide a challenge. Bungie is already showing that they have very different ideas on how to go forward with Destiny 2 than what Activision would have dictated. And it looks decidedly more positive.

• Like 2

pso2 may pose a bit of a threat if it is actually able to gain traction in the western market, as it will have several years worth of content in the game, but most of the content can be completed rather quickly or is unnecessary to reach endgame 

2 hours ago, KettleTicket said:

Zaro compels me to comment, because it's difficult to make an alt just for forums..?

I'll play both wf & D2, like I did when D1:TTK. I can't imagine staying on D2 long though.

The man's obsessive. Borderline insane.

Destiny 2 will have more players on Steam than Warframe when it releases. Even right now on the Blizzard launcher with it being P2P, its over 1 million daily players. When it goes f2p I imagine it being probably over 2m+ a day when it settles down a bit. Its a great thing though, as much crap as I'm going to get for saying this DE has gotten a bit lazy over the past year I feel, and there hasn't been much content to hold more seasoned players over. Fortuna was a mess and only provided a couple weeks worth of content, and railjack/new war still isn't due for quite a while even though it was shown at Tennocon last year. Giving Warframe some more solid competition on the Steam platform is healthy for the game and will hopefully get DE going a little bit.

Edited by WhySoFishy
  • Like 3

On 2019-07-12 at 7:55 AM, peterc3 said:

Why is a 7+ year old game being released in the West suddenly going to challenge Warframe?

7+ you said, well it was made for all ages just like warframe, in fact, warframe is more childish than PSO2.

think again

for those who dislike this game, first of all it wasnt that bad. PSO2 have many classes and weapons to chose with, ranging from futuristic sword, twin machineguns, to an edgy scythe. Also this isnt about competetion, PSO2 was made for everyone just like warframe, and has nothing to do with competing with warframe. Although its old, it has developed so much due to the updates thus reborn, for now it is a suitable game for nowadays. And for the fashion, we have so many different outfits and accessories, leading to diversity of each players so basicly you can be almost anything in this game XD. As for the western release, we might gave it some support and give it a chance to be released, because if you remmembered, warframe also isnt that good at the very beginning, we only need time and updates to make an old game "reborn"

Edited by Atlas501

В 12.07.2019 в 22:11, Archimedes01 сказал:

It's only a year older than Warframe and still has a large, active fanbase. They were able to get SEGA to bring it over to NA despite how some didn't even play the JP version. It will be coming with all of its content, plus it fills all the niches Warframe is missing. 

Not nearly "all of its content". You still will have to pay for most recent expansions and those they will release later. And since vanilla destiny worths sht, it being free says little.

And while I somewhat like to play d2 like once in a week or month, I see no reason to start going deep into it in september, those developers proved being scummy greedy aholes that literally just copy pasted 80% of d1 into d2 while making you pay x2 times for an old conten plus they focus on pvp and so called non matc made end game too much, thast hwy it will never be popular among warframe players. Shooting in destiny is superb, but not much else. And shooting isnt that interesting on itself.

Also Im pretty sure they will abandon ds2 in favour of ds3 soon anyway. Starting to really play ds2 now is not that much better than playing anthem.

Цитата

7+ you said, well it was made for all ages just like warframe, in fact, warframe is more childish than PSO2

I cant i fckn died.

Coming up next, fortnite and minecraft is more mature than WF lamoa.

The game in the title looks like the most generic anime trash free to play eastern mmo if I ever saw one.

Edited by -Temp0-

On 2019-07-12 at 8:34 PM, Ikyr0 said:

It will hit hard. Vets will leave WF in droves, if Bungie does a good job with the redesign. I can only hope DE takes this seriously, even if the fanboys/girls don't care to.

Bro, D2 is a joke. It will not hit at all. 

In fact, the only thing it can do is make WF playerbase even higher. With each major D2 dlc WF had a spike in population. Because D2 dlc's are so bad that a lot ofpeople left the game for WF.

Same thing will happen again. A lot of major D2 youtubers said to leave D2 for Warframe. 

Bungie is a terrible company these days and they just try to save their pathetic game with making it f2p. But people will leave the game again after like a week or two.

The game still is boring af. Gameplay is braindead and has 0 challenge. Customization is a joke. D2 probably has the worst lore in any game.

F2p will fix nothing. Making another S#&$ty raids will do nothing.

On 2019-07-14 at 5:22 AM, -Temp0- said:
On 2019-07-12 at 10:11 AM, Archimedes01 said:

It's only a year older than Warframe and still has a large, active fanbase. They were able to get SEGA to bring it over to NA despite how some didn't even play the JP version. It will be coming with all of its content, plus it fills all the niches Warframe is missing. 

Not nearly "all of its content". You still will have to pay for most recent expansions and those they will release later. And since vanilla destiny worths sht, it being free says little.

And while I somewhat like to play d2 like once in a week or month, I see no reason to start going deep into it in september, those developers proved being scummy greedy aholes that literally just copy pasted 80% of d1 into d2 while making you pay x2 times for an old conten plus they focus on pvp and so called non matc made end game too much, thast hwy it will never be popular among warframe players. Shooting in destiny is superb, but not much else. And shooting isnt that interesting on itself.

Also Im pretty sure they will abandon ds2 in favour of ds3 soon anyway. Starting to really play ds2 now is not that much better than playing anthem.

This would be a fair point if I had been talking about Destiny.