Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Connection Issue (Connection Timed Out)

I've been having a problem with this app, every time I click on chat while signed in via my Xbox Gamertag, the chat does not work... I click the chat-on button and it loads for a bit then I'm met with "Connection Timed Out", 100% of the time.  If I click on the friends list, while it's loading I can see that it is showing my actual list of friends until the inevitable 'Connection Timed Out' pops up.  When I sign in with my PC account, everything works fine, no error, no time out.

I first contacted DE Support about 4 months ago with this issue and over the course of doing mindnumbing trouble shooting things they mentioned every few days over the course of a month, I was told there was nothing they can do and that they'll be doing a follow up investigation but I haven't been contacted so I'm not sure how that's supposed to work.

-I've tried this on multiple devices: two different cell phones, a tablet and via my laptop using an emulated Android OS.

-I've tried it on multiple network connections: WiFi, tethered to another phone, 4G, various friends WiFi, etc etc

-I've done all the troubleshooting tips you can think of.

Anyways, I contacted Support again a few days ago thinking maybe them deleting my PC account which is attached to the same Email Address might fix this but am not getting any help there again but this time they suggested it might be a bug and to post this here.  Looking at the tons and tons of posts with no responses I'm not expecting much.