Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Give Us the Option to Kill Off the Lotus

tildun

8 minutes ago, ZoneDymo said:

we want to save her

Speak for yourself.

I personally can't wait to kill that manipulative impostor and i have talked to a lot of people in-game that are on the same page. Can't wait to be rid of fake-space mom and the double fake space mom transmissions that Ordis is making for us.

You are too attached to the moniker of "space mom" which actually is Margulis, not that Sentient abomination.

My Paracesis is ready to go...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

Speak for yourself.

I personally can't wait to kill that manipulative impostor and i have talked to a lot of people in-game that are on the same page. Can't wait to be rid of fake-space mom and the double fake space mom transmissions that Ordis is making for us.

You are too attached to the moniker of "space mom" which actually is Margulis, not that Sentient abomination.

My Paracesis is ready to go...

By "we" I mean, DE wants us to want to save her, DE would say "we dont want to kill her, we want to save her" speaking for all tenno as one big happy family.

Apart from that, this hatred to me is completely misplaced, honestly I dont understand it at all.
We know she betrayed her father's orders and saved the tenno instead of destroying them
We know she has been using the tenno for the forces of good, helping those trampled by the Corpus and Grineer forces.

Now she has received a shock to the system, we know she is being manipulated by her mother heavily to join their side and destroy us, effectively we can see she is being brainwashed and you are now hell bend on destroying her?

Heck we dont even know if the Sentients can actually be considered evil.... we know the Orokin are....

Edited by ZoneDymo

3 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Come on man, killable Lotus = 1 more boss = more loot.

New War is a story quest. 

Even if you *do* get to crush your Space Mom into miniature dumplings, you only get to do it in a cutscene/story fight - and that means no farmable loot. 

34 minutes ago, ZoneDymo said:

could stop playing the game, that will do it.
Other then that, if they ever give us the option to kill of the lotus (which they wont, we want to save her) then you would just be stuck with hologram lotus.

Haven't completely stopped playing, but because I have to look at holo-lotus all the time, yes, I have stopped playing as much as I used to.  DE should totally give us the ability to kill the Lotus.  It is already confirmed she was manipulating the Teno the whole time, I deserve the right to get some payback, and put an end to her voice once and for all.  I'd rather hear Ordis.  And sorry for you mugs who haven't found that out yet, spoiler drop there, but that is going to happen when you read the forums.

4 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

New War is a story quest. 

Even if you *do* get to crush your Space Mom into miniature dumplings, you only get to do it in a cutscene/story fight - and that means no farmable loot. 

First of all let me correct a little misconception, personally speaking of course, the Lotus was NEVER my space mom.  The only space mom, canonically speaking, was the one my Teno accidentally killed as a child.  The Lotus was a poor excuse for a flesh bag, who needs a sword in her gut.  

And yea, I agree, it would be a cut-scene, but that would do.  And a chance to kill the Lotus...that is just what I call progressing the story line--I can do without the loot.  I personally want to flush her helmet out of the airlock, but I don't have that option.  I have managed to cover it with decor though.

1 minute ago, tildun said:

Haven't completely stopped playing, but because I have to look at holo-lotus all the time, yes, I have stopped playing as much as I used to.  DE should totally give us the ability to kill the Lotus.  It is already confirmed she was manipulating the Teno the whole time, I deserve the right to get some payback, and put an end to her voice once and for all.  I'd rather hear Ordis.  And sorry for you mugs who haven't found that out yet, spoiler drop there, but that is going to happen when you read the forums.

No it has not. The only proof we have is that she may not have been doing it if her own volition, and even then it's still suspect as hell since she hasn't done anything explicitly against us yet. Natah right now is a potential third party that could tip the scales of the New War in any direction, given how she doesn't seem to be working with her father, and the first New War trailer somewhat implies she's being manipulated by her mother, and we have yet to see what her brother is gonna do.

10 minutes ago, tildun said:

Manipulating...into helping the needy...oh dear the humanity, she must be slain!!!
Honestly, "who needs a sword in her gut"? what as wrong with you? or is this just you trying to be edgy or something?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Yes I'd like that option. She's going all out to literally kill everything like an overlord.. I don't like that..

P.S.: I'd love an option to save Ballas and get him to realize the Tenno way and become our new mission instructor. ❤️

Ermm no? what have you seen so far that signals that?
We have seen the mothership shoot "rockets" all over the system, we have seen them hit grineer ships which well, arent the good guys so thats fine then and we have seen her brother land on earth.

We dont know what will happen, for all we know the sentients will destroy the 2 major factions that cause such hardships to the people living in the system, aka the grineer and corpus and then just leave or atleast not get in anyones way.

The old war was only started because the sentients were used as slaves and they revolted against the Orokin whom we know are evil.

I also dont understand your last sentence/idea, Ballas.... Ballas....that dude that infected and then tortured a man on his deathbed who considered him a friend, in front of his son and ultimately let him kill his own son to become a mere weapon for Ballas....whom then resisted and Ballas casually had him destroyed afterwards....

THAT guy, you want as your mission instructor but the Lotus whom so far has done very little problematic stuff deserves a sword in her gut?

Is this some edgy anti-women mindset or what?

2 minutes ago, ZoneDymo said:

We dont know what will happen, for all we know the sentients will destroy the 2 major factions that cause such hardships to the people living in the system, aka the grineer and corpus and then just leave or atleast not get in anyones way.

Unlikely, given one of their explicit goals was the death of all Tenno, which I doubt they're gonna give up now.

Edited by Atsia

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Didn't the lotus threaten you enough? Like shooting at you at the end of the sacrifice? Also her words.. makes it sound like she hates everything that is not her "family".. I'm pretty sure we'll see where this will be going..

Uhm, no, Ballas motivations were always clear and direct, he hated our guts. That's literally it. He didn't betray us, he didn't play a role, he doesn't jump to different factions acting like being a god. He's just him, full of himself and his feelings. I'd like to change his mind 😉

yeah....tell that to all the orokin he betrayed....making deals with Hunhow and getting them all killed over the loss of Margulis....

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Grief changes people, ..

also, I said he didn't betray us, .. he even gave us the paracesis to end it all. Yeah he calls us devil's but still.. I'd like to change his mind and give him the opportunity of redemption. (And yes, all that because I like his long arm and voice)

well then stop pretending this is about morals or whatever and just say you like "daddy ballas" and want him to replace the lotus because you like him better for whatever odd reason.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I hate the Lotus, because she betrayed me and "acted" everything, everything she said ended up being a lie and she didn't care jack, otherwise there wouldn't be a war coming up. Which results in us going to war with her. Or do you think we'll fight alongside the sentients? Probably not. We've killed millions of them already btw. She also clearly wants our death all of a sudden, otherwise she wouldn't have tried to kill us in the sacrifice PLUS sending the ropalolyst loose. That's the whole reason.

Why would you forgive her and "save" her..? She clearly doesn't want to be saved.

I like Ballas because he a) has a long arm b) a beautiful voice and c) his intentions were crystal clear. He didn't act, he didn't betray me.

That, for me, is the thing.. so yes, I hope we'll get the chance to end her in a beautiful cutscene. 

This focus of "me me me me and me" bothers ... me.
Its so "The world revolves around me" so spoiled? entitled? idk how to describe it but its odd.

To me its clear the lotus is not herself, to me its clear she is being brainwashed, that what we are seeing now is the act.
To me its clear we are meant to snap her out of this and help her or have her help us, drive the sentients back, and that I can guarantee is going to happen.
And maybe we get that kill that psychopath Ballas.

And well, ballas kinda betrayed YOU, cuz he wanted you dead, the only reason you are here is because of Margulis, then Ballas who merely used you as a weapon and I can guaranthee you he never told you what you were or what your purpose was OR that you were going to die after you did their bidding. 

and later it was the Lotus that protected you by putting you on Lua.

And what exactly ended up being a lie?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

With me I mean us, I just tried to make it more personal to express how I feel.

You're right there, I totally forgot that she isn't the overlord, it's what she called "mother" I forgot that trailer, sry.

To me it seems now she is herself, now she is "free" because from what I know the helmet made her her. 

With lie I mean all the "healing" words and expressions of caring, which is currently not the case, otherwise she wouldn't try to kill me. 

I think she was just a confused mess with the helmet that couldn't think straight but after it's gone she can be her true self. And her current true self is not what I support nor what I like. She's evil now, which she often proofed. 

And again, Ballas didn't betray me because he never wanted to save me or care for me in the first place, he hates the tennos guts from the start, so there's no process of betrayal.. 

yeah but do you think he told you that he hated you and wanted you dead and that you would die after you were done doing their bidding?
That after the ceremony all tenno would be killed?

No he did not, he said "dress up nicely tenno, you did your part, now its time to be honored for your good work...MUHAHAHA...cough cough sorry, go on".

And honestly calling "I love you" a lie is just.... idk weird.
"Omg you said you loved me, but now you dont, so you LIED to meeeee"

Im not trying to make fun here but it just sounds so whiny you know?

Plus if she is being brainwashed, obviously she wants us dead now.

But everything else she told us was true, our origin, her part, Margulis her part, all of it true so yeah.

Just now, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

And you forgive her and want to save her even though she wants your death? It doesn't matter if the helmet brainwashed her or if it's the mother now. She wants us dead. And I personally can't go out yelling "I love you too" and save her. I just can't. Especially after she actively tried to kill us.

well, I dont feel so strongly about her attempted murder (frankly I cant even remember it, thats how little impact it made), nor do I need her to "love us".
I feel she is an important force for good in the warframe universe, one that we should keep, so yes, Im all for bringing down her mother, father and brother need be to bring her back to her proper position.

Killing her I feel would do a LOT more harm then good, it would leave the tenno rather scattered and weak.

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

What xD attempted murder doesn't ring any alarms within you? That's crazy O.O she shot lasers at us in the sacrifice and umbra protected us iirc.. and the the ropalolyst, where she supports him instead of "like" calling him back.

Well those sentients behind her shot at us yeah, right after the lotus somewhat sad and forced saying "this, is what I am" which again, sounds like she suddenly feels like she has no say in the matter, like its destiny (aka brainwashed).

also what she shot was an astral projection of us so we would have just woken up in our ship anyway.
I did not see that as any different then lets say, hanging up on someone during a phonecall

And with the ropalolyst....well we kinda went after it, not the other way around sooo yeah, could have just stayed away and there ya go, but we wanted to thread gone.
Apart from that, obviously she is not going to call it back because, again, she is brainwashed, she thinks this is her purpose atm.

Edited by ZoneDymo

I want to kill the lotus too, (and im still bitter i couldnt kill teshin for his betrayal too. ) she not only betrayed us and shot at us, and abandoned us twice, but shes been masterminding keeping the grineer from fixing their cloning degradation, getting us to kill big daddy tyl regor, and most importantly, shes clearly the stalker.

Think about it, theyve never been seen in the same room together, but she appears quite literally immediately after the stalker leaves the view in the second dream, even ordis doesnt say anything about another ship landing or anything, so he must not have detected another like sign. ...oh and he can use sentient lasers. Coincidence? I think not

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

I want to kill the lotus too, (and im still bitter i couldnt kill teshin for his betrayal too. ) she not only betrayed us and shot at us, and abandoned us twice, but shes been masterminding keeping the grineer from fixing their cloning degradation, getting us to kill big daddy tyl regor, and most importantly, shes clearly the stalker.

Think about it, theyve never been seen in the same room together, but she appears quite literally immediately after the stalker leaves the view in the second dream, even ordis doesnt say anything about another ship landing or anything, so he must not have detected another like sign. ...oh and he can use sentient lasers. Coincidence? I think not

This is all a joke right?

1 minute ago, LuckyCharm said:

No i really did want to kill teshin xD

what betrayal did Teshin commit?
Remember he literally cannot control his actions when an Orokin commands him to do something, he is a slave to their "magic".

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Let’s hope so. Would love to have Ballas become space dad.

Again...how could you possible want to follow such a psycho and crybaby, its just insane to me....