The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Calling all Monkey Mains! (build help)

BloodForCavalero

Question

Good morning.

Since I'm getting great advice for my Oberon, I'm going to ask about Wukong.

Truth be told, I built/leveled/sold his base warframe LONG ago. Now that I have his prime, he's kinda fun. I was wondering if I should build him for survivability or performance? Here's my current idea...

Steel Charge
Power Drift

Blind Rage (probably switch out for Transient Fortitude)
Primal Rage
Flow/Primed
Umbral Intensify
Umbral Vitality
Augur Secrets
Continuity/Primed
Streamline

I have no idea how to build his exalted weapon. I'm going to assume, it would be similar to a typical staff build.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for your time and consideration, in this matter.

:hexis::suda:

Tried multiple builds and most combinations with rage/hunter adrenaline. At the end decided that for me and my playstyle rage/hunter is uselles. I very rarely use defy and get hit. I use his 4th and then use his 2nd to move and position behind enemies(or slam then in the face from suprise). After killing I pop back too his cloud to find another victims(and heal clone in th meantime). For this to work i use narrow minded+primed continuity+primed flow/flow. This gives me about 220 duration and significantly lowers the drain on his 4th.

Rest of the build is: adaptation, primal rage(augment), umbral mods.

Could take out umbral fiber for something else but then would have to use defy and this would slow down my playstyle. And I like the bonus of all umbral mods for health, armor(for clone) and strenght(for his 4th). Not saying that this build is better then mentioned here it just suits me and my playstyle.

Primal Rage seems kinda worthless if you have gladiator mods or body count+blood rush builds... 15%....ooooooooo....  whoop t do.....  

x3 umbra, Vitality, Gladiator Resolve/Aegis, hunter adrenaline, and then the last two are up to you for stat tweaking.   

-Prime/Vigor for more HP+streamline

-Streamline+Narrow Minded for better effeciency and better drain on his 4

-strength mods to boost his 1,2,4 ? (mainly for healing/2)

I use the second combo.   I got to around 900+ armor and 1400hp.   Constant energy...if you have a pet that does any kind of healing you are golden but if things get hairy you can just poof into a cloud or pulse void mode (with arcanes).

Valkyr, Garuda, Wukong is definately up there with my other fav melee frames and I've only been using him since prime.  

21 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Primal Rage seems kinda worthless if you have gladiator mods or body count+blood rush builds... 15%....ooooooooo....  whoop t do.....  

x3 umbra, Vitality, Gladiator Resolve/Aegis, hunter adrenaline, and then the last two are up to you for stat tweaking.   

-Prime/Vigor for more HP+streamline

-Streamline+Narrow Minded for better effeciency and better drain on his 4

-strength mods to boost his 1,2,4 ? (mainly for healing/2)

I use the second combo.   I got to around 900+ armor and 1400hp.   Constant energy...if you have a pet that does any kind of healing you are golden but if things get hairy you can just poof into a cloud or pulse void mode (with arcanes).

Valkyr, Garuda, Wukong is definately up there with my other fav melee frames and I've only been using him since prime.  

It builds up to a max of 150% bonus to damage and crit. Gladiator set mods then take the crit bonus into account when applying the combo multiplier set bonus, so it is quite significant actually.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Loviam said:

My current build,

Steel charge,

No exilus at current time

Umbral vit

Umbral fiber

Umbral intensify 

Adaption

Narrow minded

Transient fortitude

Augur secrets 

Augur message 

Personally as someone who doesn't use his 4 a lot I find that rage isn't as important because my energy mostly only goes to defy and cloud. At the present time i never walk around without at least 50 energy pies. But the next version of the build which will come after i get my umbral forma will be this

Steel charge

Power drift

Umbral intensify

Umbral fiber

Umbral Vitality 

Adaption

Augur secrets

Narrow minded

Primed continuity

Rage/ celestial stomp (maybe) 

I run around with a plague Kripath hybrid zaw so his 4 will In most cases be consistently weaker than my melee, celestial twin has a low energy cost and i prefer cc/survivability over DPS so i feel like i only actually need 205% strength for my heal and twins health, more duration means longer armour boost and more mobility/ invulnerability state from his 2. Stomp will come into play if i find i dont need the energy. I may also get an arcane energise if necessary  to use with my arcane grace 

I'm personally not familiar with Zaws but I also play with a guy who says his kripath does about 500k - 800k vs level 120+ bombards so it seems plausible they are stronger (take with a grain if salt though, I haven't actually seen this in action). 

That's a fairly common critique of exalted weapons, with normal melee outdoing them due to better mods. But based on my experience Wukong's exalted stick pretty much destroys everything even past an hour into Arbitrations. It can be modded to hit incredibly hard and fast.

Either way, in the case yiu describe I'd imagine you can drop augur secrets for something like blind rage since you really no longer need efficiency for channeling your 4th and more strength gives your clone more HP.

Edited by CephalonDizzy

Steel Charge, Power Drift

Adaptation, Hunter Adrenaline, Narrow Minded, Transient Fortitude

Constitution, Primal Rage, Umbral Intensify, Gladiator Resolve (once I get Umbral Forma, will probably swap for Umbral Vitality).

Gets solid duration for Defy buff and Primal Fury drain, and high strength. Also doubles as a decent Cloudwalker speedrunning build without sacrificing tankiness or damage.

I use a melee stat stick with as many Gladiator mods as I can reasonably fit, usually 3, and the health one's nice too. Then on my Staff:

Condition Overload, Vicious Frost, Drifting Contact, Primed Reach

Primed Fever Strike, Berserker, Primed Pressure Point, Buzz Kill.

The staff build's mostly personal preference, I might mess around trying to fit Organ Shatter on there, or Gas damage to free up the Buzz Kill slot. It's really powerful no matter how you build it though, and the frame mods complement it. Glad mods for more crit chance too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Primal Rage seems kinda worthless if you have gladiator mods or body count+blood rush builds... 15%

It's 150%. Dafuq did you get 15% from?

Plus if you're using Gladiator mods that's even more reason to use Primal Rage since they work off modded crit chance.

2 hours ago, CephalonDizzy said:

It builds up to a max of 150% bonus to damage and crit.

Just crit.

5 hours ago, CephalonDizzy said:

It builds up to a max of 150% bonus to damage and crit. Gladiator set mods then take the crit bonus into account when applying the combo multiplier set bonus, so it is quite significant actually.

See that was hidden info.  I was going by just what the augment says  +10% after killing an enemy.  The augment doesnt mention a cap.  Hmmm.....

Adaption+vigor to be tank.

Primal+augur secret for max offense..

I guess duration/effeciency are out for me...  

19 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

See that was hidden info.  I was going by just what the augment says  +10% after killing an enemy.  The augment doesnt mention a cap.  Hmmm.....

UI mentions it though, by stopping at 150%.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Adaption+vigor to be tank.

Primal+augur secret for max offense..

I guess duration/effeciency are out for me...  

Why would you do anything that benefits shields? The more shields you have the less benefit you get from Rage/Adrenaline. There's a reason some of us run a Decaying key with Wukong.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

UI mentions it though, by stopping at 150%.

Why would you do anything that benefits shields? The more shields you have the less benefit you get from Rage/Adrenaline. There's a reason some of us run a Decaying key with Wukong.

U talking about Vigor i guess....  vigor gives both shields and HP.   The More HP is what I would be after.   Umbra vit + glad resolve + prime vigor is like 900% HP lol...  

1 minute ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

U talking about Vigor i guess....  vigor gives both shields and HP.   The More HP is what I would be after.   Umbra vit + glad resolve + prime vigor is like 900% HP lol...  

I know full well what Vigor does, my point remains, why increase shields at all, when ultimately it's beneficial to reduce them as much as possible?

+900% is a bit overkill. There's better things to mod for.

6 hours ago, Loviam said:

Outside of steel charge and corrosive projection - which I'm sick to death of using and want to change it up. What interesting suggestions could I use for my aura? 

I swap out steal charge for growing power for the extra boost to my skills ie health multiplier of the clone, health/meter(heal) on cloudwalker,  dmg and armour multiplier of defy, well as dmg and crit chance of primal fury.I also run helios on him, with a self heal(healing return on deconstructer allows him to heal himself) , cc elec and blast , gladiator, synth decon and fiber, build.  I also wear a decaying key to reduce shields to 90, which also means remove guardian and shield charger from the helios build. Plus my clones hp causes some Inaros players to look twice. 

Steel Charge

Power Drift

Primed Continuity

Primal Rage

Streamline

Adaptation

Narrow-Minded

Transient Fortitude

Umbral Intensify

Umbral Vitality

Range isn't doing it for me, so going for high duration and reasonable strength.

2 hours ago, Loviam said:

New Suggestion for all. Dethcube and Arcane energise. I've been using for last 24 hours. And I can't fault it.

I can see dethcube generating energy orbs and arcane energize being useful, but at the same time hunter's adrenaline should keep your energy full.

I still prefer helios + deconstructor since you can have gladiator set mods installed on it to make it a crit chance stat stick without gimping your normal melee.

• Like 1

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Set_Mods @CephalonDizzy @Nichivo @DeMonkey @LarryYourWaiter

While Set Mods can be equipped on Exalted Weapons, they will not contribute to nor benefit from set bonuses, but the regular effect of the mod will still apply. This also applies to Venari.

• The Sacrificial Set is an exception to this.
  • The Vilgilante Set and Gladiator Set can still apply if equipped on Warframe, Primary, Melee, or Robotic Weapons, and not on the Exalted Weapon itself.

57 minutes ago, Loviam said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Set_Mods @CephalonDizzy @Nichivo @DeMonkey @LarryYourWaiter

While Set Mods can be equipped on Exalted Weapons, they will not contribute to nor benefit from set bonuses, but the regular effect of the mod will still apply. This also applies to Venari.

• The Vilgilante Set and Gladiator Set can still apply if equipped on Warframe, Primary, Melee, or Robotic Weapons, and not on the Exalted Weapon itself.

What's your point?

1 hour ago, Loviam said:

This is why we are specifically saying use gladiator mods on Helios' deconstructor.

It is for the crit bonus, since you can't install blood rush on exalted weapons.

What the first paragraph means is if you equip set mods to exalted weapons, they won't add to the set bonus. This is to prevent people from cheesing the system by, for example, installing the same gladiator mods to your melee and exalted and getting the double the crit chance bonus. It does not mean that exalted weapons do not gain benefits from set bonuses.

Edited by CephalonDizzy

If you fit out deconstructor prime with gladiator mods and then put a gladiator mod on your frame, you WILL get the extra bonuses.  

Gladiator mods on your exalted weapon will get their primary effect but ignore the set bonus and don’t contribute to the total.

i've had my trusty helios by my side for a long time

Edited by LarryYourWaiter
  • Like 1