Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Missions

svegurok

Some Nightwave missions are very hindering. Lots of players said it already.

Mission Polarized (Polarize with Forma 3 times) and to a smaller degree Gilded (Gild 1 Modular Items) are a detriment to the game.

For instance now I'm going offline and will not forma my Wukong Prime or Iron Staff Prime and let him in my Arsenal gathering dust until another Polarized mission comes along.

So GGG please remake the mission to Build 3 Forma for instance.

The Gilding challenge has been removed from future missions as per:

On 2019-07-11 at 2:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Regarding the Gild challenge, we have removed it from any future weeks so it won't appear again this Series.

Source

I find the polarization challenge as pretty good. It allows me to look at dusty gear and maybe update builds or apply a Forma to a weapon I otherwise wouldn't use.

Speaking of "detriments to the game", I see less challenges available as a detriment as it's less missions to do. I would personally like to see many more challenges that would not slow down players who can only do a few, but give a larger variety of challenges that appeal to all types of players. Not everyone can be happy, but I appreciate DE continues to try to please people with Nightwave changes.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

Its not more of a challenge its a chore which make you kind of waste forma. let me explain: If you have a weapon you love you would already have it forma'd so you have to go search for another weapon/s that is kinda good and forma that see how it does if you like it most likely buy a riven but most likely wont and just let it collect dust after the challenge. Good way to doing this is look at sentinels or pets and forma them I know kavats eat a lot of forma like 5-6 so far but same goes here I already forma'd the ones I wanted. now I have stuff to forma but Im waiting for next forma challenge to do it

I agree with the Forma challenge being an issue. Even just knowing that said challenge exists can be a bit of a hinderance, since you might pause yourself when you are about to Forma a weapon, since next week's missions might include the Forma one. The Lua Farm makes it more forgiving than it might be otherwise, but it's still a problem. Moreso, it's not a 'challenge' so much as it is a 'pointgate'. You can complete it within five seconds of seeing that it exists for that week, if you have the formas on hand and a collection of weapons at 30. It isn't difficult, it's just wasteful.