Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(All Platforms) The Missing Nekros Prime Twitch Drop from TennoLive 2019 - Script Complete

[DE]Danielle

6 hours ago, Shaburanigud said:

To be honest, I'm starting to think that this free giving out stuff is actually harming their reputation.

Tennocon was fun even without the drops. So why give them in the first place and lose credibility when by just giving us a good show actually gives them better reputation and less stuff to worry about.

Just my 2 cents.

p.s. Honestly they should be focusing on more important stuff. Like bugs happening to an entire category of weapons significantly weakening them.

I agree.

However, they already have an existing system that works great for handing out free stuff, the code system. 

Twitch is not reliable, that should have stopped after 2018 ashgate.  

The process is simple, anounce a code at beginning of stream and allow it to be claimed for whatever time your want players to watch.  You can also give out the code in email after you verify twitch is attached to Warframe account.  It has been done before and works.

Or, and this is my favorite, give out a free code to everyone for tennocon (when linked, I know they want ad money).  Ask players for loyalty and watch with no strings attached.  

That would go so much farther with this group of players than dangling a carrot over head and rigging it to shock us when we grab it...

But what do I know, I've only been playing going on 6 years now...

38 minutes ago, Nibelhim said:

Next official stream. Though as I'm posting this I believe there have 2 or 3 streams for the switch already. I burned a lot of mobile data watching yesterday's for 35 minutes with no drop. And today's for 42 minutes. Hoping for a drop when I get home... 

We were supposed to get something from yesterday's stream? I watched the whole damn thing to see when they were going to address this particular issue, and they did at the end, but I never received anything. Go figure, I guess.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)NefariousNemesis said:

We were supposed to get something from yesterday's stream? I watched the whole damn thing to see when they were going to address this particular issue, and they did at the end, but I never received anything. Go figure, I guess.

I dont know if we were but usually they give small gifts like a few credits or something. They have in the past. I only got a bit of the start and stop after a bit more than 30 mins cause dont want to burn too much data.

Point is, the 19th should be when we can hope to get answers.

32 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

I agree.

However, they already have an existing system that works great for handing out free stuff, the code system. 

Twitch is not reliable, that should have stopped after 2018 ashgate.  

The process is simple, anounce a code at beginning of stream and allow it to be claimed for whatever time your want players to watch.  You can also give out the code in email after you verify twitch is attached to Warframe account.  It has been done before and works.

Or, and this is my favorite, give out a free code to everyone for tennocon (when linked, I know they want ad money).  Ask players for loyalty and watch with no strings attached.  

That would go so much farther with this group of players than dangling a carrot over head and rigging it to shock us when we grab it...

But what do I know, I've only been playing going on 6 years now...

Now that you said that, yeah. I agree with you. Just hand people the free stuff not through Twitch because it's a third-party and it would be difficult to manage with them.

6 minutes ago, SnowWarFr said:

Now that you said that, yeah. I agree with you. Just hand people the free stuff not through Twitch because it's a third-party and it would be difficult to manage with them.

They would lose ad revenue is the problem. I dont know what the statistics are but its significant enough ad revenue that giving away all the nekros primes is still worth it.

16 minutes ago, darklords84 said:

It's great to hear that the script fixed the problem for a lot of people BUT I have not received any gifts even when I've watched the full stream and linked my account and I'm not alone(reading through all the posts).

The script was a band aid. A lot of ppl got the nekros who were missing it. A few got it without meeting the initial requirements. But the main issue was why did this happen in the first place?

I am hoping for a response on Friday.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

This is getting pathetic. Hope you get your free toy bud, if it stops you from throwing a hissy fit. Let's see how long you'll hold this temper tantrum. 

keep going schmoozer to talk more and soon the karma will get ur AZZ and when u come back to cry we will know what kind of pos u are !It's easy to defend DE but in this case its their fault has i said before

While I may not be the best party to say this (got both, but have been left out on drops before). Warframe here did use a third party to help distribute the rewards (that being twitch, which kept track of the most important info for the drop, time watched). If you didn’t receive either rewards, then I’m assuming twitch screwed up for ya (or at least didn’t get the needed data). Could a compromise be made to fix this? Yes it could, but that will need time to see. At this point, I don’t trust twitch to make the drops, DE on the other hand, idk. They do a lot, and ya..they do mess up sometimes. But out of the last 5 years or so playing this is the biggest one I’ve seen, and tbh, hopefully they will fix it, for those now and the future. They do a pretty good job of fixing things in the past (Ash prime drops and black market play come to mind). For now, maybe they are trying to recover the needed data, who knows. Just gotta keep waiting. (Keep in mind, it took almost a week for the first script to be run, could take just as long to make another).

2 hours ago, (PS4)NefariousNemesis said:

Thought yesterday’s stream was just for giveaways? Nothing should have been given to all players (besides maybe info on this Tennocon problem).

1 hour ago, DIDAKISS said:

keep going schmoozer to talk more and soon the karma will get ur AZZ and when u come back to cry we will know what kind of pos u are !It's easy to defend DE but in this case its their fault has i said before

Of course its easy to defend a company that gives people free stuff. Not sure what you're point is. I'm supposed to be mad that they gave free stuff? You can't give free stuff to everyone though, there's a point where people will start to take your generosity for granted and take the piss. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)chubby5544 said:

While I may not be the best party to say this (got both, but have been left out on drops before). Warframe here did use a third party to help distribute the rewards (that being twitch, which kept track of the most important info for the drop, time watched). If you didn’t receive either rewards, then I’m assuming twitch screwed up for ya (or at least didn’t get the needed data). Could a compromise be made to fix this? Yes it could, but that will need time to see. At this point, I don’t trust twitch to make the drops, DE on the other hand, idk. They do a lot, and ya..they do mess up sometimes. But out of the last 5 years or so playing this is the biggest one I’ve seen, and tbh, hopefully they will fix it, for those now and the future. They do a pretty good job of fixing things in the past (Ash prime drops and black market play come to mind). For now, maybe they are trying to recover the needed data, who knows. Just gotta keep waiting. (Keep in mind, it took almost a week for the first script to be run, could take just as long to make another).

Tell you what. I may not have liked DE's response from support but at least they replied to me. Its going on almost the second week now and still no email back from Twitch.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Tell you what. I may not have liked DE's response from support but at least they replied to me. Its going on almost the second week now and still no email back from Twitch.

I didnt think to email twitch... but they wont respond. Let's say twitch confirms and let DE know. You still wont get your drops for it since it will be about the link and not the viewership. 

So I watched the stream from my laptop at the start then when the main event was about to begin I moved over to streaming off the PS4 browser. I got neither of the rewards for my time. I could've just waited for the million and one summary videos that would be uploaded to YouTube the next day in a much shorter and concise format but I wanted to see it all myself to show support. Guess DE doesn't mind pissing off their fans. Just do like last year and give the stuff to everybody if they sign in on X day, seriously.

I go ahead and message support and along with the usual bot response they say "With time-sensitive, complex promotions like this; we do understand that it doesn't take much for something to cause a user to miss out on the rewards and we are constantly working at improving this system with Twitch/Mixer/Steam in order to simplify the process and to solidify the connection to prevent users from missing out." They acknowledge that it doesn't take much to screw these things up which they should already know from last year and yet they repeat the same mistakes!

"It is possible a disconnect may have occurred due to overloaded twitch/mixer/steam servers, which could have lead users to not receive any of the drops. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do regarding this once it's happened." They yet again admit here that it was likely NOT the users fault and yet they refuse to seemingly do anything about it. Isn't anything we can do? Of course there is, you just put out a script to give those who got the ephemera a Nekros so it should be easy enough to put one out that rewards everyone. Its literally a case of you either got it all or you get nothing and its frankly a bad look.

The rest of the support ticket was basically them just telling me how to disconnect and reconnect my warframe and twitch accounts because it'll somehow help the next time. I'm not doing that because I can see exactly when I first connected off of twitch and know I've received other items from off their twitch promotions so its working. Next time they'll blame it on me not having my account linked for at least 3 years is why it didn't work -_-

2 hours ago, (PS4)chubby5544 said:

Thought yesterday’s stream was just for giveaways? Nothing should have been given to all players (besides maybe info on this Tennocon problem).

I didn't watch the stream expecting more drops, I watched with the hope they would've given more information on what the hell happened and why they chose the direction they took. It just didn't surprise me that if there was something to be given out to those who watched I got passed up yet again.

I have a feeling I know how this is going to go. When/if they make mention of this they are just going to double down on this latest fix with the script. Because here's the deal, the script they recently put out still didn't 100% adhere to what it was supposed to do. There is no way they could put out another script that could give those who missed out the rewards without differentiating between those who did get the rewards.

Archived