The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

Snynews:

Mummified monk in Mongolia "not dead" say Buddhists.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-31125338

A mummified monk found preserved in Mongolia last week has been baffling and astounding those who uncovered him.

Senior Buddhists say the monk, found sitting in the lotus position, is in a deep meditative trance and not dead.

Forensic examinations are under way on the remains, found wrapped in cattle skins in north-central Mongolia.

Scientists have yet to determine how the monk is so well-preserved, though some think Mongolia's cold weather could be the reason.

But Dr Barry Kerzin, a physician to Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama, told the Siberian Times that the monk was in a rare state of meditation called "tukdam".

"If the meditator can continue to stay in this meditative state, he can become a Buddha," Dr Kerzin said.

The monk was discovered after being stolen by a man hoping to sell him on the black market.

I dunno, guys. He looks pretty dead to me. But then again, investigations aren't stopping.

Snynews:

A mummified monk found preserved in Mongolia last week has been baffling and astounding those who uncovered him.

Senior Buddhists say the monk, found sitting in the lotus position, is in a deep meditative trance and not dead.

Forensic examinations are under way on the remains, found wrapped in cattle skins in north-central Mongolia.

Scientists have yet to determine how the monk is so well-preserved, though some think Mongolia's cold weather could be the reason.

But Dr Barry Kerzin, a physician to Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama, told the Siberian Times that the monk was in a rare state of meditation called "tukdam".

"If the meditator can continue to stay in this meditative state, he can become a Buddha," Dr Kerzin said.

The monk was discovered after being stolen by a man hoping to sell him on the black market.

I dunno, guys. He looks pretty dead to me. But then again, investigations aren't stopping.

I heard this one story where this woman was found in a morgue alive and was freaked out. Imagine that happening to you. It would be scary.

Snynews:

Y'know, if I ever find myself a presumably dead monk, I'll just try to sell him. That seems like the most logical solution.

I be the Mad-God.

It sounds like something I should know.People try to ransom them back to their respective churches for a profit on the threat of defilement.

Or they just keep them in a air tight box, in the back hidden room under the floor, idk, that's what I did with my parents

[size=2]pls take this as a joke[/size]

Edited by Amethyst.zero

Or they just keep them in a air tight box, in the back hidden room under the floor, idk, that's what I did with my parents

My dear, I'm not quite sure how to react to what you just said.

...Well done!?

Edited by Snydrex

pls take this as a joke

I... I uhh... I... don't know how to respond to that... so Imjustgonnagodosomethingelse....