Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

4 hours ago, angias said:

People are weird.

Though this thread is quite normal by the forum standars.

This thread is actually abnormal by Forum standards.  It's been around for years and has been locked and unlocked more than any other thread.

il y a 6 minutes, MagPrime a dit :

This thread is actually abnormal by Forum standards.  It's been around for years and has been locked and unlocked more than any other thread.

my bad for using bad standard.

34 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

You see, this forum now has a symbiotic relationship to this thread. If this thread dies, so does this forum.

il y a 2 minutes, MagPrime a dit :

I gotta admit though, I jumped into some of the Warframe Facebook groups and I'm finding it a much more tolerant and helpful community than the Forums.

And we are supposed to be the elitist. (us in general)

6 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I gotta admit though, I jumped into some of the Warframe Facebook groups and I'm finding it a much more tolerant and helpful community than the Forums.

okay okay i'm unhelpful but why is the tolerance rock heading my way again ?

i'm kidding btw ^.^

Edited by trunks013

7 minutes ago, angias said:

And we are supposed to be the elitist. (us in general)

idk if it's elitist.  I think people are more comfortable being jerks when they have their Warframe alias to hide behind.  A lot of fight dies when it's their IRL names involved.

4 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

okay okay i'm unhelpful but why is the tolerance rock heading my way again ?

i'm kidding btw ^.^

Tolerance towards stupid questions or someone not understanding.  The mods there are also fairly decent and responsive at all hours, so even if something breaks out, it's handled quickly.

People still lose their proverbial sht if anything LGBT shows up, which is stupid.  

Edited by MagPrime

1 hour ago, Renegade343 said:

You see, this forum now has a symbiotic relationship to this thread. If this thread dies, so does this forum.

Wisdom right there, this is the only thread i come back for ever since they changed the forums some years ago.

54 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

That is quite unexpected given what i used to see from facebook, color me surprised by this point.

1 minute ago, Nova-IX said:

That is quite unexpected given what i used to see from facebook, color me surprised by this point.

There are some splinter FB groups and from what I've heard from older members, the admins have really stepped it up with their moderation.

6 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

I don't know, we can't just compare total number of members, because inactive/alt forum/FB accounts are a thing.

Looking at it from a quality of moderation stand point, why would crossover matter?

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

I need more pain killer.

Replace crossover with inactives, I guess?   

Well, if the active group is small, problems get solved more quickly and rule-breakers get less of a break. Larger active groups tend not to have as much of that, as much as we want it.

43 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

One group is several thousand strong.  It's small in comparison to the Forums?

Id say yes.

25 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Well, if the active group is small, problems get solved more quickly and rule-breakers get less of a break. Larger active groups tend not to have as much of that, as much as we want it.

Automation is necessary for larger groups, it just has issues with the fine tuning and reading between lines.