Jump to content
Mr.ElevenXI

Last post wins

Recommended Posts

Jesus, sometimes this board gives me a headache...

I get why people are negative, but some people are just mean-spirited about it. Some thread feel more like a political debate than talking about a video game. Not a civil one either - the kind where both sides sling mud. With stones in it.

I've been hanging around the Sonic Reddit since yesterday, and yeah the whole community just got a huge win to its name so it's in a much better mood overall than this one, but even the negative things are pretty chill. Even the ribbing at Birds of Prey is done primarily through memes. And then you got one of the communities that was held up as one of the friendliest, at least for a while...

I would be lying if it said it wasn't colouring my perception of the game. Not even what people are saying, just how damn angry people are at this game.

 

Sorry, just needed to vent... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Sorry, just needed to vent... 

That's what this thread is also for, apparently 😉

I play Warframe for quite some time now and I noticed that people in-game generally are more kind, polite and helpful then here on forum, which became pretty much standard these days. Especially General Discussion sometimes produces festivals of throwing mud at each other. But it probably originates from the fact that vocal community is really small fraction of playerbase, usually the angrier fraction.

But here we are, just being civil and all chill in this 13541-page-long thread, unintentionally defending good name of a whole Warframe community Xb

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Jesus, sometimes this board gives me a headache...

I get why people are negative, but some people are just mean-spirited about it. Some thread feel more like a political debate than talking about a video game. Not a civil one either - the kind where both sides sling mud. With stones in it.

I've been hanging around the Sonic Reddit since yesterday, and yeah the whole community just got a huge win to its name so it's in a much better mood overall than this one, but even the negative things are pretty chill. Even the ribbing at Birds of Prey is done primarily through memes. And then you got one of the communities that was held up as one of the friendliest, at least for a while...

I would be lying if it said it wasn't colouring my perception of the game. Not even what people are saying, just how damn angry people are at this game.

 

Sorry, just needed to vent... 

It's aight, LPW is here for you. 

Always. 

0.0

Humor aside, yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Jesus, sometimes this board gives me a headache...

I get why people are negative, but some people are just mean-spirited about it. Some thread feel more like a political debate than talking about a video game. Not a civil one either - the kind where both sides sling mud. With stones in it.

I've been hanging around the Sonic Reddit since yesterday, and yeah the whole community just got a huge win to its name so it's in a much better mood overall than this one, but even the negative things are pretty chill. Even the ribbing at Birds of Prey is done primarily through memes. And then you got one of the communities that was held up as one of the friendliest, at least for a while...

I would be lying if it said it wasn't colouring my perception of the game. Not even what people are saying, just how damn angry people are at this game.

 

Sorry, just needed to vent... 

I can but offer you an internet hug.

Unless you have VR, in which case I can offer you a virtual hug, which is entirely different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how work woukd react if I played warframe during my lunch break. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I wonder how work woukd react if I played warframe during my lunch break. 

 

My former overnight job I would go home for an hour since I got all my stuff done and play games, then drop off paper work and be home. And if you're on break anyway what can they say? Might get a few people there into Warframe too. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

My former overnight job I would go home for an hour since I got all my stuff done and play games, then drop off paper work and be home. And if you're on break anyway what can they say? Might get a few people there into Warframe too. 

 

 

The only gamers here already know warframe lol 

I do medical billing, the cubicites might be disturbed by evidence of my non conformity and complain. 

Someone seriously made a sink that I was leaving early.  And by early, I was clocking out at 16:19 and not 16:20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

The only gamers here already know warframe lol 

I do medical billing, the cubicites might be disturbed by evidence of my non conformity and complain. 

Someone seriously made a sink that I was leaving early.  And by early, I was clocking out at 16:19 and not 16:20.

Sounds like you need some headphones then. 

 

That reminds me of another job that wouldn't let me out early for one day after a 12 hour shift, 15 minutes was what I asked for and they said no. After just working 12 days straight for them too. Should've quit that a lot sooner than I actually did. 

The one where I played games while still being on the clock had a couple months where we were short staffed, but it was a 6 hour shift and of those 6 hours I spent 1 hour not doing much of anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Sounds like you need some headphones then. 

 

That reminds me of another job that wouldn't let me out early for one day after a 12 hour shift, 15 minutes was what I asked for and they said no. After just working 12 days straight for them too. Should've quit that a lot sooner than I actually did. 

The one where I played games while still being on the clock had a couple months where we were short staffed, but it was a 6 hour shift and of those 6 hours I spent 1 hour not doing much of anything. 

This place is actually pretty ok with clocking a minute or two early but this person made such a stink that it ruined it for several people in the office because she got the boss so wound up, she just knee jerk reacted before doing any checking.  

Oh well, the person that did it is in her 60's and set to retire soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That GD thread now has 4 songs trying to smash together in my head.

Glorious. Roommate better prepare for YouTube serenade 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i bought an ubisoft game last week, and the game likes to remind me that i'm playing an ubisoft game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MagPrime said:

That GD thread now has 4 songs trying to smash together in my head.

Glorious. Roommate better prepare for YouTube serenade 

Let me just toss Soldier Side in there too. 

 

Spoiler

Image result for anime smug laugh gif

 

8 hours ago, Stalker_Cake said:

i bought an ubisoft game last week, and the game likes to remind me that i'm playing an ubisoft game

It may just be a me thing but something Ubisoft games do that I don't see often is letting you shoulder a marksman rifle then scope in. Lets me use my favorite rifle which is an M14 or SCAR H in just about any scenario. Keeping a close range secondary handy is good practice too though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Let me just toss Soldier Side in there too. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Image result for anime smug laugh gif

 

It may just be a me thing but something Ubisoft games do that I don't see often is letting you shoulder a marksman rifle then scope in. Lets me use my favorite rifle which is an M14 or SCAR H in just about any scenario. Keeping a close range secondary handy is good practice too though. 

i'm just gonna say that the game is pretty much the only thing that have been able to kill me in the game, none of the actual enemies have managed to do it yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stalker_Cake said:

i'm just gonna say that the game is pretty much the only thing that have been able to kill me in the game, none of the actual enemies have managed to do it yet

Wait do doors count as enemies ? 

If yes well i'm not like you at all ^.^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stalker_Cake said:

i'm just gonna say that the game is pretty much the only thing that have been able to kill me in the game, none of the actual enemies have managed to do it yet

Bosses kill me if I play dumb, other than that most games I die from falling off of stuff. That's why I appreciate Warframe not punishing one for falling off a map. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Wait do doors count as enemies ? 

If yes well i'm not like you at all ^.^ 

i feel though the world 4 times in a row if that counts

1 minute ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Bosses kill me if I play dumb, other than that most games I die from falling off of stuff. That's why I appreciate Warframe not punishing one for falling off a map. 

i should mention that this is division 2, it's very fun when it works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stalker_Cake said:

i feel though the world 4 times in a row if that counts

i should mention that this is division 2, it's very fun when it works

I figured, I also picked it up. Hard to resist when it's on sale for 3 dollars. 

And I've had reasonable luck finding M14s (M1A in game). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

I figured, I also picked it up. Hard to resist when it's on sale for 3 dollars. 

And I've had reasonable luck finding M14s (M1A in game). 

i just want my poor minigun to have more ammo, or atleast let the ammo pickups be more common, oh and also for the game to work properly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just soloed Grendel Defence and it was bearable only thanks to Star Wars youtubers reviewing new Clone Wars, this mission is way too boring, farming Nidus for two weeks was more fun than last 53 minutes.

 

And I apologise for being ON Topic here, I'll try harder next time, promise *-*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stalker_Cake said:

oh and also for the game to work properly

That's the dream. I had an issue with my headset when I played it earlier, mic still worked fine, still heard everything fine except for one single thing. In-game dialogue.

Loud guns? Check.

Loud music? Check.

Shooty McExplosion Bang Pow? Check.

Audible dialogue? Only when actively looking perpendicular to the speaker, because magic surround sound wizardry.

Not sure how effective a tactical military guy I'd make if I have to crab walk towards the enemies just so that I can hear them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

That's the dream. I had an issue with my headset when I played it earlier, mic still worked fine, still heard everything fine except for one single thing. In-game dialogue.

Loud guns? Check.

Loud music? Check.

Shooty McExplosion Bang Pow? Check.

Audible dialogue? Only when actively looking perpendicular to the speaker, because magic surround sound wizardry.

Not sure how effective a tactical military guy I'd make if I have to crab walk towards the enemies just so that I can hear them...

I tend to always have problems 1-2 a day when playing. Just yesterday, I was heading to the dojo to trade with a clannie and it took me over 5 minutes to get there. And the day before my game froze up and then forced me to log out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost an entire day to another migraine.  Good chance I'm gonna lose tomorrow as well.

RIP going to the beach. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...