Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

Well I'm not sure what I've walked into here, from what I can tell Google is attempting to eat Mag's soul, somebody had a meltdown at DeMonkey in a thread about color blindness and somebody is going around trying to use necromancy on the Bramma.

Did I get that right or do I need to slap myself awake a bit more?

• Like 2

Just now, MagPrime said:

I haven't been moderated in years. 

Yes, this happens when you stay in off topic  <.<

Just now, Magus_Tahir said:

Oh I wasn't part of it. I haven't interacted with anyone involved save DeMonkey and only here.

Nah, this was just an observation. If Monkey or anyone else calls them out on the BS due to being in the same clan in the topic, the person that calls them out will be under fire, regardless if he is right or wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, Aldain said:

Well I'm not sure what I've walked into here, from what I can tell Google is attempting to eat Mag's soul, somebody had a meltdown at DeMonkey in a thread about color blindness and somebody is going around trying to use necromancy on the Bramma.

And hard mode doesn't need new loot table!

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

• Like 2

Just now, Magus_Tahir said:

Wish I could say the same. I have had 5. A few of them were rather deserved in hindsight. I was rather temperamental a few months ago.

I have... er

3 verbal warnings, and one for spam.

One of them I will contest till the end due to the fact that the person in question lied in my face multiple times.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

If there is an argument if the forum (more like "when"), and someone pulls out information from your In game profile - for example if you even have bramma, and how much you have used it - it is considered an breaking of ToS due to "bashing". 

Edit : Or was it shaming? Both @MagPrime and @DeMonkey should have more experience with moderation than me.

It's a difficult situation. Put technically, when used in an argument, it's ad hominem as you're attacking something other than the presented argument with the intent to discredit, be it play time with a weapon or otherwise. It is also, as you put it, an attempt to shame the other person for trying to present an argument in the first place. That would get moderated.

An example could be someone telling me I'm wrong in Wukong threads because my percentage with him is something like 8%.

Questioning someone over rabid clanmates and providing proof? No, I wouldn't get in trouble for that unless I actively tried to shame and shut them down for it. It's public information that's not being used to discredit an argument.

However, that's the sort of thing to put in a report if at all.

I could be wrong, ofc, I've had a busy day helping my roommate through court and we drank a bit afterwards, plus I have hospital stress tomorrow to worry about. Mind's not all there right now.

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

An example could be someone telling me I'm wrong in Wukong threads because my percentage with him is something like 8%.

No, that would be tilting the data.

8% is small, if you compare it with 3 sample sizes. With 40+ though?

My mag is also in the 8%, even though I have played her over the past 3 years.

Edit : P sure, my profile still says Boltor Prime, even though I haven't touched the thing since I was MR8 lad. 

3 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Literally 5 different websites trying to find a way to help Mag and someone every time said Google Assistant is Skynet.

I would not touch recent google products with a stick if it can be avoided.

Edited by phoenix1992

I've never believed usage rates matter when discussing something, I mean even a casual lump like me can tell you how hysterically powerful Mesa is with less than 1% of my playtime being her.

Sure I likely can't mod her well to save my life, but at the very core I don't need a college degree to explain why Peacemakers are OP as hell.

Edited by Aldain

Just now, Aldain said:

I've never believed usage rates matter when using something, I mean even a casual lump like me can tell you how hysterically powerful Mesa is with less than 1% of my playtime being her.

Sure I likely can't mod her well to save my life, but at the very core I don't need a college degree to explain why Peacemakers are OP as hell.

We are talking about very specific situations though.

A very direct examples... Mag and pre 2017 Ember. Both frames had very specific niches that the forum was not aware of, yet people that "mained them" could provide proof that this was not the case. However, bringing up usage stats (or effective genocide stats) with those frames always caused a ruckus.

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

No, that would be tilting the data.

8% is small, if you compare it with 3 sample sizes. With 40+ though?

My mag is also in the 8%, even though I have played her over the past 3 years.

It would be that too, but you know what I mean. Someone could have 40% and say that. Attack my percentage played instead of my argument itself. That's the sort of thing that gets moderated and is definitely against the guidelines.

As far as I'm concerned though, my percentage is completely borked. It's pretty much all my starter gear.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

I don't need a college degree to explain why Peacemakers are OP as hell.

Correct. You don't even need eyesight, technically. :wink:

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

We are talking about very specific situations though.

A very direct examples... Mag and pre 2017 Ember. Both frames had very specific niches that the forum was not aware of, yet people that "mained them" could provide proof that this was not the case. However, bringing up usage stats (or effective genocide stats) with those frames always caused a ruckus.

The statement that's popular in Warframe is "anything is viable if built right," including Warframes that are stuck in niches. Plus this is the kind of game where you don't have to play missions if you don't want to, meaning you can get usage stats up incredibly high by playing just the missions that work for specific frames. 

9 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Yes, this happens when you stay in off topic  <.<

Nah, this was just an observation. If Monkey or anyone else calls them out on the BS due to being in the same clan in the topic, the person that calls them out will be under fire, regardless if he is right or wrong.

You know full well I don't do that. 

9 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Wish I could say the same. I have had 5. A few of them were rather deserved in hindsight. I was rather temperamental a few months ago.

Oh, I was pretty bad as well lol I was up to a total of 5 moderator actions (verbal warning, temp & perm) but I'm kinda a duck and ignored 99% of then because of who they were from. 

Hard to give a samn when it's the same person every time and their reasoning is bs and toxic. 

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

It would be that too, but you know what I mean. Someone could have 40% and say that. Attack my percentage played instead of my argument itself. That's the sort of thing that gets moderated and is definitely against the guidelines.

As far as I'm concerned though, my percentage is completely borked. It's pretty much all my starter gear.

I agree with the notion and i agree that you need to know how to read the data in order to utilize it.

However, not using this data has caused issues before. Do you remember when they picked the most "special" builds to showcase and wonder why they performed like doo doo? Instead of picking either the builds of people with high uptime or god forbid Rio's

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Oh, I was pretty bad as well lol I was up to a total of 5 moderator actions (verbal warning, temp & perm) but I'm kinda a duck and ignored 99% of then because of who they were from. 

Hard to give a samn when it's the same person every time and their reasoning is bs and toxic. 

Two from the same person, one from Aisomeoen and one from Letter. The last one i can agree with without any comments.

Edited by phoenix1992

4 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

I agree with the notion and i agree that you need to know how to read the data in order to utilize it.

However, not using this data has caused issues before. Do you remember when they picked the most "special" builds to showcase and wonder why they performed like doo doo? Instead of picking either the builds of people with high uptime or god forbid Rio's

Two from the same person, one from Aisomeoen and one from Letter. The last one i can agree with without any comments.

My last one was from Letter, I can't argue against that one either. 

On the topic of moderations, I'm actually kind of confused how I've slipped under the radar this whole time.

I mean sure I've had posts deleted, but as far as I can tell I haven't ever been moderated outright.

And I know some of the things I say could easily fall under that ToS violation banner.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

On the topic of moderations, I'm actually kind of confused how I've slipped under the radar this whole time.

I mean sure I've had posts deleted, but as far as I can tell I haven't ever been moderated outright.

And I know some of the things I say could easily fall under that ToS violation banner.

You have to kick someone's shins to get actively moderated or be an utter turd.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

The statement that's popular in Warframe is "anything is viable if built right," including Warframes that are stuck in niches. Plus this is the kind of game where you don't have to play missions if you don't want to, meaning you can get usage stats up incredibly high by playing just the missions that work for specific frames. 

The topic is a bit too serious for off topic, do you mind if we drop it? I have read and acknowledge your response, but I really don't want to indulge into discussions about how you can corrupt data, pull meaningful data and so on. We are also talking of an example pre Adaptations and other general power creeping. 

Edited by phoenix1992