Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Mw trolling gets me the usual racial slurs 

brawlhalla smurfing gets me death threats 

heck even Minecraft factions has me threatened to get doxed all within this week 🙂 oh and a friend in our warframe inboxes who loves to talk in forums is insulting mental illness and trying everything to not answer questions or converse on claims he made or back up proof 

overall I love the madness and laughs so this week has been great 

Thats. Unfortunate. Regardless of the situation slurs and death threats are never appropriate or acceptable.

While I am satisfied you are able to shrug it off, just be mindful that it doesent wear ya down.

/endserious

Oooofff.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Ever seen something like this?

Reveal hidden contents

nervenpflege-tabletta-60-db-52339.jpg

It's a traditional remedy to reduce anxiety, also helps to fall asleep. The main component is catnip (my cats love playing with the description printed on paper which comes inside the box!), but also contains several other herbs. German stuff in theory, so maybe can be bought in Denmark too. Both my boyfriend (who has panic-attack-like episodes sometimes) and myself (a person with a generally high anxiety level) found it effective.

That... looks like something, that might be illegal in Denmark. We have REALLY strict laws concerning alternative medicine (ie not widely accepted by the medical institutions. Even CBD oil is at an iffy place at the moment). I could of course look into the ingredients themselves, though I have to be careful about interactions with my medication. Some herbs reduce the natural breakdown of medicine in the liver, which can lead to build-up and result in overdosing, if you're not careful. Same goes for some fruits and vegetables. The breakdown of statins (anticholesterol medicine) is reduced by grapefruits, for example. I can skip my statin if I eat a pomelo (type of grapefruit) that day. In pomelo season, I reduce my statin use by a quarter that way, and my bloodwork still comes up fine. Don't skip medication on your own, though. You need to talk to your doctor and maybe a nutritionist about these things, and get checked regularly. I get a wide spectrum bloodwork done every three months and a follow-up with my doctor, due to all the crap that's wrong with me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Mw trolling gets me the usual racial slurs 

brawlhalla smurfing gets me death threats 

heck even Minecraft factions has me threatened to get doxed all within this week 🙂 oh and a friend in our warframe inboxes who loves to talk in forums is insulting mental illness and trying everything to not answer questions or converse on claims he made or back up proof 

overall I love the madness and laughs so this week has been great 

Ha good old racism. Plaguing mankind since the dawn of time.

Just make sure you take proper step back to understand that some people may be ... well how can i say that accordingly ... Restricted ... Uneducated ... ignorant ... damn i'm struggling to find an non insulting word that can describe it properly. Lets say "Never been on the wrong side of that sword for long enough".

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

That... looks like something, that might be illegal in Denmark. We have REALLY strict laws concerning alternative medicine (ie not widely accepted by the medical institutions. Even CBD oil is at an iffy place at the moment). I could of course look into the ingredients themselves, though I have to be careful about interactions with my medication. Some herbs reduce the natural breakdown of medicine in the liver, which can lead to build-up and result in overdosing, if you're not careful. Same goes for some fruits and vegetables. The breakdown of statins (anticholesterol medicine) is reduced by grapefruits, for example. I can skip my statin if I eat a pomelo (type of grapefruit) that day. In pomelo season, I reduce my statin use by a quarter that way, and my bloodwork still comes up fine. Don't skip medication on your own, though. You need to talk to your doctor and maybe a nutritionist about these things, and get checked regularly. I get a wide spectrum bloodwork done every three months and a follow-up with my doctor, due to all the crap that's wrong with me.

The Nervenpflege might be illegal in Denmark? This is kinda funny. Here a lot of similar stuff is sold I think, but the manufacturer is required to write on the packaging that the product is a traditional remedy, not medicine. Please note that I wouldn't ever tempt you to do anything illegal 😜

If you really have issues with sleeping and are searching for a better solution, I think it's worth asking your doctor about this product next time you see them. It really is good.

OMG it's so good we're talking about this, I would have taken these pills with me abroad without a thought... But looks like I'll need to look into local regulations of my destination before doing that. It wouldn't be a pleasant experience, to be thrown into prison abroad for the possession of illegal drugs 😐

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trunks013 said:

Tryed sports ?

Or even listening to the entire enya discography while the dryer is rolling ?

If I tried to do any sport right now I'd likely break something due to being too tired.

And I...don't know what that is.

Just now, Aadi880 said:

Because you are staring at a screen. It doesn't really help you sleep you know.

Before I logged on here I was actually laying in a dark room for 4 consecutive hours, forcing my eyes closed desperately trying to pass out.

It sadly didn't work T_T.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

If I tried to do any sport right now I'd likely break something due to being too tired.

And I...don't know what that is.

Before I logged on here I was actually laying in a dark room for 4 consecutive hours, forcing my eyes closed desperately trying to pass out.

It sadly didn't work T_T.

Enya is basicly relaxing music.

Clothe dryer sounds actually have a side effect on me but maybe its gonna work on you ^.^ 

That and pomegranate.

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 1

Just now, trunks013 said:

pomegrenade.

I want to go to sleep, but not permanently.

...And yes, that is the best joke I can muster right now, I actually supposedly get hil-freaking-larious according to my friends when I pass the 24 hour mark of no sleep.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

The Nervenpflege might be illegal in Denmark? This is kinda funny. Here a lot of similar stuff is sold I think, but the manufacturer is required to write on the packaging that the product is a traditional remedy, not medicine. Please note that I wouldn't ever tempt you to do anything illegal 😜

If you really have issues with sleeping and are searching for a better solution, I think it's worth asking your doctor about this product next time you see them. It really is good.

OMG it's so good we're talking about this, I would have taken these pills with me abroad without a thought... But looks like I'll need to look into local regulations of my destination before doing that. It wouldn't be a pleasant experience, to be thrown into prison abroad for the possession of illegal drugs 😐

There's been a lot of problems with people buying everything from CBD products and herbal remedies to steroids and vital medication over the net, only to have it confiscated, and in many cases getting fined or even charged for import of illegal goods. That being said, I don't think danish police would throw you in jail over a simple herbal supplement, though there's a good chance they'd just confiscate it to avoid trouble. Other countries, however...

Just be sure to check your destination's view on these things. Most of Europe are pretty amiable, if they don't think you're pulling a number on them. Middle east and east Asian countries, however, don't have any humor if things smell just faintly of illegal drugs. Play it safe, and always check your luggage before going to the airport.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I want to go to sleep, but not permanently.

...And yes, that is the best joke I can muster right now, I actually supposedly get hil-freaking-larious according to my friends when I pass the 24 hour mark of no sleep.

Haha its a fruit that also have the same side effect.

Have you ever saw a guy eat something and/or hear something  and go like "Oh no ! Lay down anywhere and almost immediately fall asleep" thats what it does to me lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Haha its a fruit that also have the same side effect

I know, I just loved that typo because it made me think of the banana bomb from Worms.

Also pomegranates looks a bit like cluster bombs when you cut them open.

...THIS IS ME ON NO SLEEP, GOD HELP US ALL.

• Like 1

I know, I just loved that typo because it made me think of the banana bomb from Worms.

Also pomegranates looks a bit like cluster bombs when you cut them open.

...THIS IS ME ON NO SLEEP, GOD HELP US ALL.

wanna hear something funny in french its actually just called a grenade : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenade_(fruit)

not kidding thats why i always make the mistake ^.^ 

• Like 2

Just now, trunks013 said:

wanna hear something funny in french its actually just called a grenade

Learn something new everyday.

...Though it seems a bit hilarious that people could go around recommending "You should eat a grenade" with the best and kindest intentions.

Language barriers are a cruel mistress.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Aldain said:

THIS IS ME ON NO SLEEP, GOD HELP US ALL.

If you can't sleep because your mind just can't take a break and you're unable to stop yourself of thinking about stuff that keeps you awake... Listening to movies on low volume always helped me. Choose something you've seen more than once, the story is chill, and isn't full of loud scenes. I like listening to the Harry Potter movies (1-4), for example. Paying attention to the movie will keep your intrusive thoughts at bay, and helps you fall asleep. You can set your computer to shut down after the movie is over, and don't accidentally leave it on repeat! Hope this helps!

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Hope this helps!

While it is appreciated, I've tried basically everything short of the Looney Tunes method of getting an anvil to the cranium.

Every now and then my body just loves to go "-clem- you -clem-face you don't need sleep!" usually at least once or twice a year.

• Like 1

While it is appreciated, I've tried basically everything short of the Looney Tunes method of getting an anvil to the cranium.

Every now and then my body just loves to go "-clem- you -clem-face you don't need sleep!" usually at least once or twice a year.

Hmm this oddly sounds like a thyroid issue. Have you spoken with a doctor about it?

2 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Hmm this oddly sounds like a thyroid issue. Have you spoken with a doctor about it?

No, however I don't have any of the other thyroid symptoms often associated with Hyper/hypothyroidism or other such diseases.

It is pretty much just an inability to sleep, honestly I'd hazard a guess it is from general stress more than anything else.

Just now, Aldain said:

No, however I don't have any of the other thyroid symptoms often associated with Hyper/hypothyroidism or other such diseases.

It is pretty much just an inability to sleep, honestly I'd hazard a guess it is from general stress more than anything else.

Aye stress can do that. Once dopamine and serotonin are out of whack it can do all kinds of crap. 

Another suggestion is soaking in an epsom salt bath. There have been times while having migraines I used to do this and it helped significantly to get me into a state I could sleep.

1 minute ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Aye stress can do that. Once dopamine and serotonin are out of whack it can do all kinds of crap.

Yeap that's why I'm not that worried, this happens roughly twice a year to me like clockwork, once in summer and once in winter, give or take a month.

Usually it is a result of my sleep schedule getting so impossibly -clem-ed up that my body just does a "hard reset" by keeping me awake until I sleep for 12 hours and wake up at 7 am on the dot.

On the plus side it usually is the best sleep I ever get and it does wonders for my mood/energy after the fact, so I've at least got that to look forward to.

• Like 1