Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Find me a tasty G/F Hot Dog roll and I'm all over that.

Wuss. Hearts are overrated. Mine was torn from my chest and forcibly stomped on before my eyes last year, and I'm still here.

I may be a soulless grumpy sod now, but it's not like I was that different beforehand.

If you mean a significant other stomped on your heart then I think you're the wuss. People are fickle and can't always be relied on, love much like people is not a perfect thing. Unless someone died in which case sorry. 

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment." 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

If you mean a significant other stomped on your heart then I think you're the wuss. People are fickle and can't always be relied on, love much like people is not a perfect thing

No u.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

If you mean a significant other stomped on your heart then I think you're the wuss. People are fickle and can't always be relied on, love much like people is not a perfect thing. Unless someone died in which case sorry. 

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment." 

Trust no one, buy vibrators. 

40 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Hot dogs, wrapped in bacon,  add chili, and melted pepper jack cheese. With a Ginger Beer.

I'm not sure I want to go all out like that for my roommates at the moment.  

But that does sound amazing and that Facebook foodie I linked you to does have a ginger beer recipe I want to try...

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Lol night Mon key 

Night.

I'd like to clarify that my comment was entirely intended to be humourous. Last year was S#&$, but so long as said person continues to steer clear of my workplace (which she does and I respect her for) then I'm entirely happy.

Life goes on, more important S#&$ to worry about.

• Like 2

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Night.

I'd like to clarify that my comment was entirely intended to be humourous. Last year was S#&$, but so long as said person continues to steer clear of my workplace (which she does and I respect her for) then I'm entirely happy.

Life goes on, more important S#&$ to worry about.

I understand, and I can agree it's been pretty sucky lately. Hopefully it gets better for you and everyone. 

Also I've not known you to be a serious person so I knew it was shenanigans. 

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Smacking a huge magnet upside a machine is much more effective than doing it to a person. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

It's all relative... The effectiveness depends on what your goal was with the magnet smacking.

Indeed, if the magnet is meant to harm then it's like stabbing a person. If it's for decoration it's like putting a sticker on someone. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

It's all relative... The effectiveness depends on what your goal was with the magnet smacking.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Indeed, if the magnet is meant to harm then it's like stabbing a person. If it's for decoration it's like putting a sticker on someone. 

Tbh it just causes a massive system failure and you just have junk parts in either direction. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Where do you find all these gourmet recipes? Or just feeling creative?

My dad taught me how to cook from an early age, and I've always tried new dishes out and adjusted to needs and tastes. Weight training taught me a lot about nutrition, and when I got sick, I delved further into it. By now, I'm more up to date with both current and fringe research, than the professional nutritionists I've been sent to.

The pork dish is something I came up with, cobbled together from other dishes. The sun-dried tomatos give a rich, earthy flavour you don't get with fresh or canned tomatos (and I'm not fond of un-mutilated tomatos. They need to be evicerated, burnt, ground to a fine paste and/or forcibly integrated into other ingredients before I find them palatable), and I try to eat low-fat, so the tenderloin is ideal. In general, I take note of what taste and texture different ingredients add to the meal, as well as micro/macro nutrients, fiber etc. It's all inspiration, trial, error, experiments and things that has gone very, very wrong.

I made this monstrousity in my youth: The Ugly Bugly Toast.

Take two pieces of toast, and toast them lightly.

On one piece of toast, put a thick layer of liver paté. Danish liver paté is more akin to haggis than actual paté, so you could try that instead.

On the other, put several slices of well-aged cheese. Enough to match the paté/haggis in thickness.

Heat in the oven at about 200 degrees C until the cheese gets gooey.

Slather on a generous layer of taffel mustard, slap the abomination together and stuff your face with the mess. It is perfect for a drunken pre-crash snack, if there's no open kebab place nearby.

So, yeah... I make bad food too. 😄

Oh, and for the pork tenderloin dish I used 2 teaspoons of coconut oil (seems to enhance the meat flavour, is heat stable and I need very little of it compared to other cooking oils/fats) for frying. Seasoning with a rich soy sauce (for the aroma, instead of using salt), black pepper, paprika, onion powder, a dash of garlic powder and a few drops of the colon cleanser (recipe a few pages back).

Edited by Yrkul
Spelling
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Smacking a huge magnet upside a machine is much more effective than doing it to a person. 

As long as it is preceded by the proper application of the sacred unguents, the tolling of the bells, and the recitation of the prayers to the machine spirit!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Tbh it just causes a massive system failure and you just have junk parts in either direction. 

Causing harm to an organic body is similar in terms of damaging the nervous system and sending the body into shock. A bullet is actually quite a small thing, yet it's a rather deadly thing.