Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

As long as you don't giggle when you see a player with Galatine, you are fine.

The only weapon I giggle when I see people using it is the Zylok, because man is that weapon embarrasing.

Just now, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

My turn being clueless. What's wrong with the Galatine?

Boys compensating with the big sword.

And the big sword, actually has half of the range of the model (Galatine without reach mods used to have as much range as any other sword, regardless of how big it was) so the joke is layered.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

The only weapon I giggle when I see people using it is the Zylok, because man is that weapon embarrasing.

High dispo, status, ok base damage and Low MR requirement, I have seen worse. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Boys compensating with the big sword.

And the big sword, actually has half of the range of the model (Galatine without reach mods used to have as much range as any other sword, regardless of how big it was) so the joke is layered.

Selina Meyer Veep GIF

Great! Just great! Insomnia hit... hard! I've tried coffee, chamomile, 85% chocolate, gaming..... and I'm jittering, dead tired and joint pains are on the rise. I can't even sit still and watch movies, videos or the salt avalance elsewhere on these forums. I've never missed a punching bag more than now... and my joints from 30 years ago.

Oh, and look! The sun is coming up! I hate my life.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Great! Just great! Insomnia hit... hard! I've tried coffee, chamomile, 85% chocolate, gaming..... and I'm jittering, dead tired and joint pains are on the rise. I can't even sit still and watch movies, videos or the salt avalance elsewhere on these forums. I've never missed a punching bag more than now... and my joints from 30 years ago.

Oh, and look! The sun is coming up! I hate my life.

Animation Hug GIF

• Like 2

The topic about rewards on Steel Path is already getting on my nerves and I think I'm just start to lurk here and stop writing because I swear to god I'm going to be banned if I say what I really want to say, #*!% this people and their mentality about wanting rewards for everything they do

44 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

The topic about rewards on Steel Path is already getting on my nerves and I think I'm just start to lurk here and stop writing because I swear to god I'm going to be banned if I say what I really want to say, #*!% this people and their mentality about wanting rewards for everything they do

People could quite easily say the same to you, for acting as if having that particular opinion is so shameful that you need vulgarity to express your thoughts on it.

People play Warframe for 1000's of hours. After so long, despite the gameplay still arguably being "fun" it doesn't quite trigger the fun parts of your brain the same way it used to. Being rewarded it also fun, especially after a chore or work, and is a wonderful supplement to "fun" gameplay when the "fun" gameplay doesn't quite cut it anymore.

16 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

People could quite easily say the same to you, for acting as if having that particular opinion is so shameful that you need vulgarity to express your thoughts on it.

People play Warframe for 1000's of hours. After so long, despite the gameplay still arguably being "fun" it doesn't quite trigger the fun parts of your brain the same way it used to. Being rewarded it also fun, especially after a chore or work, and is a wonderful supplement to "fun" gameplay when the "fun" gameplay doesn't quite cut it anymore.

It's not my problem the dopamine addction that some people have and their needs for "rewards" for every step they take. The Steel Path was announced as a niche gimmick mode for everyone who wanted to try their gear against harder enemies, with numerous special emphasis about "rewards aren't going to scale" or "rewards aren't the main thing here", then why people still insist on making something different to what was announced and delivered? 

That whole reward- addicted people are not just a problem here, but IRL, when you have to virtual signaling or validating people choices for every move they do or you are a bad person and not so much "stunning and brave". I'm sick of this and I can't wait for this whole cultural model starts to crumble down someday due the utterly stupidity inherent to it.

But I agree, I should look for better ways to write something instead restorting to my devotion for vulgarity.

Edited by vanaukas

Short of a few people I am not planning on engaging in any commentary in the general forums this weekend simply because were in that wonderful position of patch release that is reason can be said to be as rare as Umbra Forma. Oh look my cynicism are seeping through. 

cant believe it schitts creek GIF by CBC

58 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I think this is the real problem here, and why an understanding will never be reached. Misrepresentation.

Do you genuinelly think there is no such thing as dopamine addiction on people who needs constant rewards for everything they do? In games, social media, real life. Hell, facebook even had a panel with experts to make you more addicted to their platform. For me, dopamine addiction comes with a lot of forms and this is one of those forms.

edit: I wrote that because that's what I could imply from your post, I'm probably understanding it bad

Edited by vanaukas

13 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Do you genuinelly think there is no such thing as dopamine addiction on people who needs constant rewards for everything they do? In games, social media, real life. Hell, facebook even had a panel with experts to make you more addicted to their platform. For me, dopamine addiction comes with a lot of forms and this is one of those forms.

Do you genuinely believe that anyone considering rewarding missions and gameplay to be an important part of a game are suffering from a dopamine addiction?

Edited by DeMonkey

14 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Do you genuinely believe that anyone considering rewarding missions and gameplay to be an important part of a game are suffering from a dopamine addiction?

Depends on the game objective and what are they asking for. A lot of games doesn't have "rewards" and are amazing to play (Kenshi is one of those, the reward of playing it is surviving other day).

On Warframe, I do believe that people suffers a dopamine addiction, caused by constant "you did good, here is your cookie". For example, most people are utterly dissapointed because the end mission screen doesn't show big credits caches or big number on resources... And we are talking about people who supposedly have millions of credits and resources collecting dust... Why you would want even more resources then? Isn't that a clear indicator of addiction to dopamine?

4 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

A lot of games doesn't have "rewards" and are amazing to play (Kenshi is one of those, the reward of playing it is surviving other day).

I disagree. Kenshi provides plenty in the way of rewarding outcomes, be it resources for building, money, new weapons, increased skill etc.

5 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Why you would want even more resources then?

Because objectively a harder mission should provide a better outcome, regardless of the current state of someones inventory.

5 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Isn't that a clear indicator of addiction to dopamine?

It's a clear indicator of bias, I know that much. If you're automatically dismissing arguments on this subject because you believe that everyone is addicted to dopamine, then you are the problem I'm afraid, not everyone else. That's not arguing in good faith.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I disagree. Kenshi provides plenty in the way of rewarding outcomes, be it resources for building, money, new weapons, increased skill etc.

Because objectively a harder mission should provide a better outcome, regardless of the current state of someones inventory.

It's a clear indicator of bias, I know that much. If you're automatically dismissing arguments on this subject because you believe that everyone is addicted to dopamine, then you are the problem I'm afraid, not everyone else. That's not arguing in good faith.

Progression =/= Rewards

-

It does give a better outcome in terms of rare resources (as toroids) and also affinity.

-

I do believe everyone at some level, myself included, have a dopamine addiction due social factors. 

-

I think it would probably better for me if I enjoy the mode in the current state while it last, I'm sure that the moment that DE put more meaningful rewards on the mode (offerings or mission related), it's going to be the same show here and everywhere warframe related about "how bad is for that people clearing the starchart all over again but with bullet sponges just because DE loves to put rewards on bad/lazy designed stuff", something you can already read about the operator armor. Imagine that but magnified if they drop umbra forma (as almost everyone are asking on the forums) on the offerings. Then everyone will rush everyrhing, people will start to being a liability (like right now on arbis) on missions like defense or interception and all the mode will be reworked to something that tries to please the majority. Probably it would lead to something good, like reviving over and over again that people or having to restort to clan chat to stop readinh how they flame because people stop reviving them. Or could lead to a broad mode with changes on AI to perform the same task as currently does but faster so people can notice them on the fracrion of a second who takes their abilities to hit those mobs. Or I'm just being paranoid and making assumptions from nowhere, because of course we didn't had a hard content with good rewards being nerfed to the ground to appeal that kind of player. Or I don't exist and I'm just a brain connected to a giant simulation machine to use me as a video game char on a loder simulator. Who knows? Not me.