Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

15 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

hows demios for everyone 

It's... a thing. I like it don't get me wrong, there's just not a lot to it. It's still using the godawful system where bounties are limited to where they take place from where you take them, so it's not making the best use of its size, and for every good part of it, there's another questionable part. Like, why is the underground - half of the world - locked off arbitrarily? Necramechs are rad as hell, but getting them up to snuff is a painful process.

15 hours ago, Aldain said:

I was always partial to Dante personally, I know the smash community complains about both Bayonetta's combo style (pre-nerfs) and "generic anime swordsman" things, but with the recent success of DMCV and resurgence of DMC in general I think he'd be a solid pick.

Outside of that I'm mostly out of ideas too...though some part of me still holds a microcosmic shred of hope for a Golden Sun rep, no matter how comically unlikely that is.

But hey, at least it wasn't another &$^#ing Pokemon, people complain about Fire Emblem, but Pokemon is severely over-represented imo.

I would not argue with Dante in Smash, to be sure.

22 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I would not argue with Dante in Smash, to be sure.

The only question would be...what would a good Stage be for him?

They'd likely either have to pull from DMC 1, 3 or 5 (I like 4, but in terms of environments it was bland, and LOL 2) but even then DMC has been less about set pieces and more about the action, they could just go with Bloody Palace I guess, though that would be a bit boring, though I supposed it would be a good excuse to have some other characters in the background kicking some demon around.

...How Sakurai and his team do this I have no idea, if I had to properly represent an entire franchise with 8 skins/colors, a stage and a moveset I think I would have handed in a resignation letter before I even got hired.

54 minutes ago, Aldain said:

The only question would be...what would a good Stage be for him?

They'd likely either have to pull from DMC 1, 3 or 5 (I like 4, but in terms of environments it was bland, and LOL 2) but even then DMC has been less about set pieces and more about the action, they could just go with Bloody Palace I guess, though that would be a bit boring, though I supposed it would be a good excuse to have some other characters in the background kicking some demon around.

...How Sakurai and his team do this I have no idea, if I had to properly represent an entire franchise with 8 skins/colors, a stage and a moveset I think I would have handed in a resignation letter before I even got hired.

If we're talking iconic moments, then probably one of the Vergil arenas would work. Maybe Vergil 1 from DMC 3 - call it 'Temen-ni-gru' and you're dandy. You could also tie the fact that Temen-Ni-Gru has that whole 'rising center part' in to have stage transitions and go between various areas of DMC3, possibly visiting bosses along the way.

New trailer for the Monster Hunter Movie just dropped, apparently.

Pros: doesn't look terrible in and of itself. Would probably be dumb fun to watch.

Cons: Looks about as generic as it can possibly get. Not what springs to mind when I think Monster Hunter. It's not even using the Logo font - even Resident Evil got that much. 

Excuse me, I need to go hunt a Diablos

On 2020-09-28 at 7:36 PM, Aldain said:

Fine all things considered.

Though I keep waking up to 12+ notifications, usually just likes and I really really hate it.

Maybe because you make too many posts that are sensible and that people agree with?  Try posting meandering rants with no punctuation, maybe?

17 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Maybe because you make too many posts that are sensible and that people agree with?

90% of the forum rep I have is from snarky one-liners and bad jokes.

The remaining 10% I can't account for though.

• Like 1

On 2020-10-03 at 1:25 PM, Loza03 said:

If we're talking iconic moments, then probably one of the Vergil arenas would work. Maybe Vergil 1 from DMC 3 - call it 'Temen-ni-gru' and you're dandy. You could also tie the fact that Temen-Ni-Gru has that whole 'rising center part' in to have stage transitions and go between various areas of DMC3, possibly visiting bosses along the way.

You could have the place where Dante and Vergil fought for the 2nd time before Arkham kicked them off and then that part started to raise. It ends in a normal, rainy night, then the moon turns red and the portal to the demon world opens.

It stays like that.

On 2020-10-06 at 1:16 AM, Aldain said:

90% of the forum rep I have is from snarky one-liners and bad jokes.

The remaining 10% I can't account for though.

The biggest number of forum rep I got was from a pun. A few hundreds IIRC.

Even Scott upvoted it.

I can't feel half my face...

Was at the dentist again to get one filling repaired and three cavities done. Could have been worse, as the last time I was at the dentist was in... 2013? And I got it fully covered by Social Services due to my, ah..., less than favorable circumstances.

The side I can feel is still sore from the root canal treatment, but at least I'm done for now.

Sometimes, I wish I was a shark.