Last post wins

36 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Even in DnD, it's more esoteric. You aren't seeing what happens onscreen, so a bad roll can be flavoured as you fumbling the move or the armour taking the full brunt without breaking. Games don't really have the same leeway.

Yeah, this is what I was bearing in mind whilst playing. DnD is your imagination, Baldurs gate actually shows your character dodging aside.

If the animation was of the attack glancing off your armour or being blocked by your shield/weapon, much more understandable.

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

This is largely why I've stopped playing the Early Access. Pillars of Eternity would at least regularly give you a "graze" if you didn't get the full hit, but constant misses, against even targets like an Ogre, really saps the fun right out of playing.

Seems completely counter intuitive as well, heavy armour makes you... harder to hit and causes your character to dodge more attacks? That's not what heavy armour does at all. I know, I know, Dungeons and Dragons rules, but frankly it's a stupid rule.

That and the fact that if you don't tackle everything with combat, and instead choose to make use of diplomacy or deception, you get sod all for xp and handicap yourself in future fights.

Yeah that's a big problem.

The sad thing is that I'm actually less irritated by missing when I play Xcom than Baldur's Gate 3, even though they have that same problem of "guess I'll miss this 90% chance for no reason", but at least in Xcom you had more routes to increase your hit chances, my personal favorite being leveling the battlefield with explosives so enemy cover isn't a thing anymore. In BG3 however, I've used Bless/Bane/Hunter's Mark, the whole suite and still keep missing.

Hell that's the main reason I'm running Eldritch Knight, because Magic Missile doesn't miss at all and even at level 4 still does more damage than my Greatsword on average.

15 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Hell that's the main reason I'm running Eldritch Knight, because Magic Missile doesn't miss at all and even at level 4 still does more damage than my Greatsword on average.

Blue Diamond | Steven Universe Wiki | Fandom

PARRY THIS YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I would do terrible things to have Ripline, or some Helminth-exclusive equivalent, on any Warframe.

They really should just make it a function of the Parazon, would give them an excuse to make more Parazon mods.

Just hold interact/reload for about a second, and BOOM, grappling hook, put a short cooldown on it (2-3 seconds) and voila, a good excuse to rework Valkyr.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Aldain said:

They really should just make it a function of the Parazon, would give them an excuse to make more Parazon mods.

Just hold interact/reload for about a second, and BOOM, grappling hook, put a short cooldown on it (2-3 seconds) and voila, a good excuse to rework Valkyr.

I would do even worse things for that. I've already made a thread with this as half of it - the other half being a request for momentum in bullet jumping/wallrunning as I said in my movement critique.

Ripline is simple, yes, but it's honestly surprising how much it opens up Warframe's movement on its own. Grapple the ground next to an enemy in midair and smack them in the face, extend a bullet jump, stay airborne for minutes at a time whilst being able to get optimal angles on enemies in midair. You can do so much with so little.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Ripline is simple, yes, but it's honestly surprising how much it opens up Warframe's movement on its own. Grapple the ground next to an enemy in midair and smack them in the face, extend a bullet jump, stay airborne for minutes at a time whilst being able to get optimal angles on enemies in midair. You can do so much with so little.

I know, and I wish every day for the same thing.

Ever since the days of the Hookshot in OOT things like Ripline have been something I always enjoy seeing as a mobility option, here's hoping DE will push that envelope they opened with the Jackal fight cutscene and

just do it shia GIF

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I know, and I wish every day for the same thing.

Ever since the days of the Hookshot in OOT things like Ripline have been something I always enjoy seeing as a mobility option, here's hoping DE will push that envelope they opened with the Jackal fight cutscene and

just do it shia GIF

It solves so much about my issues with the environment too. Sure, it's not adding too much to jump onto, but making the walls, ceiling and floor viable targets for interacting with even if you're not right next to them takes open design from being something that restricts how much you can parkour to something that truly expands it.

• Like 1