Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

nobody tells me about it.

That is because virtually all media outlets are either keeping quiet about it, or giving their own version, due to agenda, political partisanship, bias and/or cowardice. Even Tim Pool is getting really skittish on top of his fence.

If you'd followed some of the folk journalists and pundits as well as the mainstream media, and munched on some of the salt gathered on this forum, you wouldn't have been surprised. Moreover, the picture would probably look a little different "honk-honk"...

God, I hate politics. 

Why do people think that something people have fought for and about for literally thousands of years can be boiled down to 1 line slogans or a single statement? Why do you think literally hundreds of systems involving thousands of people can just be changes with 1 quick policy change or one new law? If your family isn't that simple, why would the world be like that? 

Ugh. 

I hate politics. 

1 hour ago, TheBrsrkr said:

God, I hate politics. 

Why do people think that something people have fought for and about for literally thousands of years can be boiled down to 1 line slogans or a single statement? Why do you think literally hundreds of systems involving thousands of people can just be changes with 1 quick policy change or one new law? If your family isn't that simple, why would the world be like that? 

Ugh. 

I hate politics. 

It's the easy way to trick your ego thinking you are making a change. It's soul-crushing to admit that we cannot change much unless it's on the agenda from a superpower playing chess with us, and if we dare to do something against it we just are going to die by their weapons. Call it captalism, communism, whatever, we are just numbers to pump money into their interests.

I think we cannot escape that fate tho ("dreaming" simple solutions for problems that are beyond our action reach), one way or another we simplfy stuff to have a way to live with it, otherwise "what's the point?" starts to resonate louder and louder in our heads until you can't stand it anymore.

But that's just it, isn't it? You CAN change the system. It's hard, but you, personally or as a collective, can change it. The problem isn't that you can't change anything, it's that you're trying to change things that CANNOT and WILL NEVER be changed. There will always be a 1%. There will always be a person at the top, you will always have to work for most of your life to survive and you will always be at the whim of someone or something more powerful then you. This has been true for the entire existence of any society, human or animal, and will be true until the sun goes out and everything ends. That's not the point.

The point is, despite these facts, can you live in the spaces in between? Can the time spent making money for  Billionaire #37 or faceless company #10037 also be used to make your life better in the times that you don't spend with them? The answer is yes, and THEY know it as well, which is why they let you. However, they will always want more, and they will take it from you if you let them, so you must always be vigilant. I'm not going to wax poetic about "they keep us fighting each other so we don't fight them" or something as grand as that, because that implies that it's some almighty "THEY" and "THEM" against you, and it isn't. Most of the time. People with power seek more power, and they will take because they can, and if you say they can't, they won't. But what they will try to do is sell it to you under the guise of something you want, be it safety, security, wealth, fairness or equality, and it is up to you, not them, to learn whether or not that is what you will sacrifice to get what you want.

Which is why boiling such a complex thing down to some stupid chant or slogan is just an excuse not to think about anything and just let the mob think for you, regardless of what side or topic it is. Think about the positions you hold and why you hold them. Think about what would happen if you got what you WANTED. Think about what would happen if someone who wanted the opposite of what you wanted got the powers you want to hold. Think about what you will do if you get every single thing you asked for and the problem still exists. THINK! Don't hear, listen! Don't talk, respond! Don't shout, explain! And especially don't give up. Because it's not that "they" win when you give up, it's that you lose. 

Edited by TheBrsrkr
I can't spell
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, vanaukas said:

It's the easy way to trick your ego thinking you are making a change. It's soul-crushing to admit that we cannot change much unless it's on the agenda from a superpower playing chess with us, and if we dare to do something against it we just are going to die by their weapons. Call it captalism, communism, whatever, we are just numbers to pump money into their interests.

I think we cannot escape that fate tho ("dreaming" simple solutions for problems that are beyond our action reach), one way or another we simplfy stuff to have a way to live with it, otherwise "what's the point?" starts to resonate louder and louder in our heads until you can't stand it anymore.

blackpillstockimage.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBrsrkr said:

But that's just it, isn't it? You CAN change the system. It's hard, but you, personally or as a collective, can change it. The problem isn't that you can't change anything, it's that you're trying to change things that CANNOT and WILL NEVER be changed. There will always be a 1%. There will always be a person at the top, you will always have to work for most of your life to survive and you will always be at the whim of someone or something more powerful then you. This has been true for the entire existence of any society, human or animal, and will be true until the sun goes out and everything ends. That's not the point.

The point is, despite these facts, can you live in the spaces in between? Can the time spent making money for  Billionaire #37 or faceless company #10037 also be used to make your life better in the times that you don't spend with them? The answer is yes, and THEY know it as well, which is why they let you. However, they will always want more, and they will take it from you if you let them, so you must always be vigilant. I'm not going to wax poetic about "they keep us fighting each other so we don't fight them" or something as grand as that, because that implies that it's some almighty "THEY" and "THEM" against you, and it isn't. Most of the time. People with power seek more power, and they will take because they can, and if you say they can't, they won't. But what they will try to do is sell it to you under the guise of something you want, be it safety, security, wealth, fairness or equality, and it is up to you, not them, to learn whether or not that is what you will sacrifice to get what you want.

Which is why boiling such a complex thing down to some stupid chant or slogan is just an excuse not to think about anything and just let the mob think for you, regardless of what side or topic it is. Think about the positions you hold and why you hold them. Think about what would happen if you got what you WANTED. Think about what would happen if someone who wanted the opposite of what you wanted got the powers you want to hold. Think about what you will do if you get every single thing you asked for and the problem still exists. THINK! Don't hear, listen! Don't talk, respond! Don't shout, explain! And especially don't give up. Because it's not that "they" win when you give up, it's that you lose. 

Nah, I've been there and risked my life in such idiotic ways "fighting" the system just for nothing. Not anymore.

Living in a third world country seems to show a different reality. After years travelling around my country looking for new ways to live I've found the same questions and answers regarding this issues.

Singular fights don't achieve nothing, you can't force people to fight for what you believe, our life comfort resides in the explotation of innocents by the hands of goverments and corporations, we are in the verge of "water wars". I can't change that.

But don't be me, maybe I did many mistakes that led me to believe this. My only advice is don't risk your life with ilegal stuff with "volatile" items. I think that even if we are under their control, life it's too precious to be wasted in anachronic ideals filled with rage.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Apologies for starting it, but Wednesday was pretty crazy.

It was insane.  I'm glad we have the awesome Mods that we do and that LPW invites people who have conversations and not...meltdowns. 

But

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Or not.

What's your favorite animal from the Paleozoic era?

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Loza03:

Apologies for starting it, but Wednesday was pretty crazy.

I don't want to pull down this attack, but  (almost) the same happend in Germany last August. The only difference is that the three policeman were enough to keep the "demonstrants" away until the reinforcement came.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk:

They are using the potions wrong. They have to eat them.

Edited by ES-Flinter
  • Like 1