Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I will remove the other 2 after I recover, even if I wanted to take my teeth with me one would be in pieces since it was sideways

• Get the pieces
  • hand them out to people
  • "I have a piece of wisdom to share"
  • ????
  • Grofit
  • Like 1

I just figured out a major plot hook for my players in my DnD group.

Like the 'big main plot hook' sort now that they're all nice and comfy with their characters so that the plot can really get rolling.

The main gist is that my players decided to try and poison the cup of the local lord. I don't know why, but they haven't succeeded. That Lord is now secretly a direct descendent of a Fey noble who absolutely will not take kindly to this - in order to avoid the wrath of the Seelie courts, they shall have to go on a perilous quest that happens to be of world-saving  importance - and danger. In the Lord's own words, not because he thinks they will succeed, but that he wants his vengeance to be slow. Said quest was always the goal, but I was still probing on how to get there whilst still letting it be the result of the player's actions.

One of my players did request more Fey involvement for his character. I'm just providing.:angel:

Blarg.  Took a lot of pushing and poking but my clan finally got the gold for the event, 15hrs before it ends.

Time to hit recruitment and try to get some more active players after I do a purge.

16 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I just figured out a major plot hook for my players in my DnD group.

Like the 'big main plot hook' sort now that they're all nice and comfy with their characters so that the plot can really get rolling.

The main gist is that my players decided to try and poison the cup of the local lord. I don't know why, but they haven't succeeded. That Lord is now secretly a direct descendent of a Fey noble who absolutely will not take kindly to this - in order to avoid the wrath of the Seelie courts, they shall have to go on a perilous quest that happens to be of world-saving  importance - and danger. In the Lord's own words, not because he thinks they will succeed, but that he wants his vengeance to be slow. Said quest was always the goal, but I was still probing on how to get there whilst still letting it be the result of the player's actions.

One of my players did request more Fey involvement for his character. I'm just providing.:angel:

Oh that is amazing.  Give us updates!

• Like 2

I'm building up a new questhub, and borrowing thematically from Darkest Dungeon. It is basically a scenario with a stratified progression, a certain number of tasks, information and gear acquisition need to be done for the group to be able to progress through each step. Plenty of story arcs, and every monster and NPC group has their own story, strengths and weaknesses. That way I hope to avoid the usual meat grinder gameplay.

My group's usual freeform playstyle resulted in too much milling about and a loss of the feeling of progress, so enthusiasm took a big hit late last year. We also got two new, rather inexperienced players, which makes it harder to run some of the more... exotic stuff. So, I guess I'll step up to the plate once again, and see if my latest studies in game design and fictive writing have paid off.

I'm re-writing some of the GURPS rules to streamline the gameplay, and making a better magic system, while making pre-made characters with a few points for personalization, to accomodate the new players. One of the problems with GURPS is, the amount of options can be overwhelming for newcomers.

Things have ground a bit to a halt the last couple of weeks, first due to severe food poisoning, and then my back acted up again.  Really badly this time.

• Like 1

I am... genuinely furious.

So, I was just doing my thing, doing my assignment for university, polishing it off in plenty of time. I decided to quickly check what format they wanted the final product in.

The due date was a day before what I had thought. At first I thought I just made a mistake, I was beating myself up over it, then my private tutor texts me and says 'No, the due date is tomorrow. I have the official document, look'. Sure enough, the old document had a different due date, the one I thought it had.

Somebody had moved it up. Apparently, they'd done the same to other courses too. They didn't tell the tutors, to my knowledge.  After my initial euphoric high of 'Oh thank god it's fine', I was... pissed off to say the least.

Needless to say, this has not improved my opinion of the University.

47 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

So, I was just doing my thing, doing my assignment for university, polishing it off in plenty of time. I decided to quickly check what format they wanted the final product in.

The due date was a day before what I had thought. At first I thought I just made a mistake, I was beating myself up over it, then my private tutor texts me and says 'No, the due date is tomorrow. I have the official document, look'. Sure enough, the old document had a different due date, the one I thought it had.

Somebody had moved it up. Apparently, they'd done the same to other courses too. They didn't tell the tutors, to my knowledge.  After my initial euphoric high of 'Oh thank god it's fine', I was... pissed off to say the least.

From what I've read, heard and watched, a lot of universities prioritize financial gain and producing activists, rather than ensuring the competence of their students. This varies, of course, across fields and nationalities.

The danish institutions of learning seem to be less prone to this, due to the state sponsorship and our socio-cultural structure. I had several transfer students in my classes in uni, and they all seemed pretty happy with the way things are done here. Friends from a wide range of the humanities as well as hard science fields say the same. If you have the opportunity to study abroad, I can recommend our universities.

In any case, good luck with the assignment.

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

My trade school took credit for helping me get a job after graduating, even though they almost failed me because they can't keep track of their own records.  They got shut down due to predatory loan practices.  

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

2 of my cats are more possessive of me since their mom passed away a few weeks ago, one less being for them to snuggle with.

They are slapping each other, not to the point of getting their nails out, but its a clear "get out of here!".

Both of my cats have become a lot more active since moving back in with me.  We've taken to having playtime and my goodness do things get violent when Mag feels Boomer is getting too much attention.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Yrkul:

From what I've read, heard and watched, a lot of universities prioritize financial gain and producing activists, rather than ensuring the competence of their students. This varies, of course, across fields and nationalities.

The danish institutions of learning seem to be less prone to this, due to the state sponsorship and our socio-cultural structure. I had several transfer students in my classes in uni, and they all seemed pretty happy with the way things are done here. Friends from a wide range of the humanities as well as hard science fields say the same. If you have the opportunity to study abroad, I can recommend our universities.

In any case, good luck with the assignment.

Isn't Denmark one of the countries with best school-systems worldwide? I always become jealous, because the teachers in my school (even universitys) still use their overhead projectors...