Jump to content

Last post wins


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

 but its literaly a rock and the first node means ... well rock thats quite hilarious. 

no way, I didn't noticed that before this lmfao, ty <3

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, trunks013 said:

yeah totaly ( same for sedna ) but its literaly a rock and the first node means ... well rock thats quite hilarious. Allright i might be the only one to laugh at that ^.^ 

You rockin' knowledge in here.  Solid stuff, pretty concrete.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

They weren't lichen the Lich?

Like claiming you're building a robot, stacking three cardboard boxes on top of each other, and calling it done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Like claiming you're building a robot, stacking three cardboard boxes on top of each other, and calling it done.

More like you claim you're building Data from Star Trek when the situation called for a Terminator, and then you build the ED 209 wearing a yellow shirt. Like, sure you still built a robot, but not only was the claim not a great idea in the first place (Warframe is not set up for the Nemesis system) you didn't even build the thing that would have fit better right and you're still pretending it's the first one.

Like the Lich system isn't necessarily bad conceptually? You fight some higher level goons and a big boss a couple times and after an hour or two you get a fancy new gun. Sure, neat, could have been executed better, but that's fine. But it's not the nemesis system - it's a more traditional, and only 'decent' MMO grind in a Nemesis system coat. It's pretending to be the nemesis system, you get a custom named goon that's basically just a bigger regular mook with some extra powers, and they've got specific weaknesses and vulnerabilities and yadda yadda. But it's not. Simply put, it's just not.

When I came a the lich system from the perspective of an outsider to it, it was disappointing, even though I was looking at it without the baggage of what the promise actually was. But now I've experienced what DE was pretending it was? I get why expectations for Liches were that high.

 

 

Oof, ok, game design rant over.

Have a dancing kitten.

Dancing Kitten GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Loza03
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

You rockin' knowledge in here.  Solid stuff, pretty concrete.

thanks man you rock ^.^ 

ill get more of this knowledge give me a moment and I’ll dig something up ^.^ 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a great day today, I made myself Orange chamomile tea and a toasted cheese sandwich, sprinkled some paprika on the sandwich but I was being Conservative with it.

Also watching this huge fireplace that's about a few thousand miles from where I live, smells grand, almost Capitol you could say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lowgrav said:

this thread has been going since 2013 is this classed as necroing or is this thread too active for additinal posts to be classed as necroing this thread?

If this thread were to go full-zombie, it'd be a grave problem, yes?

 

Edited by (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk
Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure do love living through one of the major political events of modern history, an attempted hostile takeover of one of the most powerful nations on the planet incited by democratically elected individuals and facilitated by law enforcement and just... nobody tells me about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

nobody tells me about it.

That is because virtually all media outlets are either keeping quiet about it, or giving their own version, due to agenda, political partisanship, bias and/or cowardice. Even Tim Pool is getting really skittish on top of his fence.

If you'd followed some of the folk journalists and pundits as well as the mainstream media, and munched on some of the salt gathered on this forum, you wouldn't have been surprised. Moreover, the picture would probably look a little different "honk-honk"...

Link to post
Share on other sites

God, I hate politics. 

Why do people think that something people have fought for and about for literally thousands of years can be boiled down to 1 line slogans or a single statement? Why do you think literally hundreds of systems involving thousands of people can just be changes with 1 quick policy change or one new law? If your family isn't that simple, why would the world be like that? 

 

Ugh. 

 

 

I hate politics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBrsrkr said:

God, I hate politics. 

Why do people think that something people have fought for and about for literally thousands of years can be boiled down to 1 line slogans or a single statement? Why do you think literally hundreds of systems involving thousands of people can just be changes with 1 quick policy change or one new law? If your family isn't that simple, why would the world be like that? 

 

Ugh. 

 

 

I hate politics. 

It's the easy way to trick your ego thinking you are making a change. It's soul-crushing to admit that we cannot change much unless it's on the agenda from a superpower playing chess with us, and if we dare to do something against it we just are going to die by their weapons. Call it captalism, communism, whatever, we are just numbers to pump money into their interests.

I think we cannot escape that fate tho ("dreaming" simple solutions for problems that are beyond our action reach), one way or another we simplfy stuff to have a way to live with it, otherwise "what's the point?" starts to resonate louder and louder in our heads until you can't stand it anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

But that's just it, isn't it? You CAN change the system. It's hard, but you, personally or as a collective, can change it. The problem isn't that you can't change anything, it's that you're trying to change things that CANNOT and WILL NEVER be changed. There will always be a 1%. There will always be a person at the top, you will always have to work for most of your life to survive and you will always be at the whim of someone or something more powerful then you. This has been true for the entire existence of any society, human or animal, and will be true until the sun goes out and everything ends. That's not the point.

 

The point is, despite these facts, can you live in the spaces in between? Can the time spent making money for  Billionaire #37 or faceless company #10037 also be used to make your life better in the times that you don't spend with them? The answer is yes, and THEY know it as well, which is why they let you. However, they will always want more, and they will take it from you if you let them, so you must always be vigilant. I'm not going to wax poetic about "they keep us fighting each other so we don't fight them" or something as grand as that, because that implies that it's some almighty "THEY" and "THEM" against you, and it isn't. Most of the time. People with power seek more power, and they will take because they can, and if you say they can't, they won't. But what they will try to do is sell it to you under the guise of something you want, be it safety, security, wealth, fairness or equality, and it is up to you, not them, to learn whether or not that is what you will sacrifice to get what you want.

Which is why boiling such a complex thing down to some stupid chant or slogan is just an excuse not to think about anything and just let the mob think for you, regardless of what side or topic it is. Think about the positions you hold and why you hold them. Think about what would happen if you got what you WANTED. Think about what would happen if someone who wanted the opposite of what you wanted got the powers you want to hold. Think about what you will do if you get every single thing you asked for and the problem still exists. THINK! Don't hear, listen! Don't talk, respond! Don't shout, explain! And especially don't give up. Because it's not that "they" win when you give up, it's that you lose. 

Edited by TheBrsrkr
I can't spell
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vanaukas said:

It's the easy way to trick your ego thinking you are making a change. It's soul-crushing to admit that we cannot change much unless it's on the agenda from a superpower playing chess with us, and if we dare to do something against it we just are going to die by their weapons. Call it captalism, communism, whatever, we are just numbers to pump money into their interests.

I think we cannot escape that fate tho ("dreaming" simple solutions for problems that are beyond our action reach), one way or another we simplfy stuff to have a way to live with it, otherwise "what's the point?" starts to resonate louder and louder in our heads until you can't stand it anymore.

blackpillstockimage.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheBrsrkr said:

But that's just it, isn't it? You CAN change the system. It's hard, but you, personally or as a collective, can change it. The problem isn't that you can't change anything, it's that you're trying to change things that CANNOT and WILL NEVER be changed. There will always be a 1%. There will always be a person at the top, you will always have to work for most of your life to survive and you will always be at the whim of someone or something more powerful then you. This has been true for the entire existence of any society, human or animal, and will be true until the sun goes out and everything ends. That's not the point.

 

The point is, despite these facts, can you live in the spaces in between? Can the time spent making money for  Billionaire #37 or faceless company #10037 also be used to make your life better in the times that you don't spend with them? The answer is yes, and THEY know it as well, which is why they let you. However, they will always want more, and they will take it from you if you let them, so you must always be vigilant. I'm not going to wax poetic about "they keep us fighting each other so we don't fight them" or something as grand as that, because that implies that it's some almighty "THEY" and "THEM" against you, and it isn't. Most of the time. People with power seek more power, and they will take because they can, and if you say they can't, they won't. But what they will try to do is sell it to you under the guise of something you want, be it safety, security, wealth, fairness or equality, and it is up to you, not them, to learn whether or not that is what you will sacrifice to get what you want.

Which is why boiling such a complex thing down to some stupid chant or slogan is just an excuse not to think about anything and just let the mob think for you, regardless of what side or topic it is. Think about the positions you hold and why you hold them. Think about what would happen if you got what you WANTED. Think about what would happen if someone who wanted the opposite of what you wanted got the powers you want to hold. Think about what you will do if you get every single thing you asked for and the problem still exists. THINK! Don't hear, listen! Don't talk, respond! Don't shout, explain! And especially don't give up. Because it's not that "they" win when you give up, it's that you lose. 

Nah, I've been there and risked my life in such idiotic ways "fighting" the system just for nothing. Not anymore.

Living in a third world country seems to show a different reality. After years travelling around my country looking for new ways to live I've found the same questions and answers regarding this issues.

Singular fights don't achieve nothing, you can't force people to fight for what you believe, our life comfort resides in the explotation of innocents by the hands of goverments and corporations, we are in the verge of "water wars". I can't change that.

But don't be me, maybe I did many mistakes that led me to believe this. My only advice is don't risk your life with ilegal stuff with "volatile" items. I think that even if we are under their control, life it's too precious to be wasted in anachronic ideals filled with rage.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...