Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

I need new anime to watch. And preferably something that doesn't remind me of the news so hard.

Took a quick gander at my old anime collection. These are physical copies, so they should be good enough for me to invest in them back in the day. I picked titles, that I don't think are all that well known.

Argentosoma

Azumanga Daio

Blue Submarine No.6.

Brain Powered.

Chobits.

Chrono Crusade.

Comic Party.

DNA2.

Dragon Half.

Dual.

Eden's Bowy.

Excel Saga.

Full Metal Panic.

Gasaraki.

Geneshaft.

Genocyber.

Geobreeders.

Most of the titles on my shelves are between 15 and 30+ years old. Say if you want me to pick some more, continuing from "H".

If some of my selection might help:

• Ambition of Oda Nobuna
  • Asterisk Wars
  • Bleach
  • Chivalry of a Failed Knight
  • Expelled from Paradise
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Heavy Object
  • Hundred
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
  • Redline
  • Sengoku Basara
  • Vandread

---

One of the shows I picked up that I can recommend was "Flashpoint":

"NCIS" was my thing for awhile, not bad, but it being the same formula -- crime involving Navy/Marine, usually winding up with a dead perpetrator -- got a little stale. So this, a crime drama heavy on negotiation first and lethal force as a last resort, was a breath of fresh air:

The above episode, dad with a daughter awaiting a heart transplant gets notified that a viable heart is en route, but is told on arrival that he was mistakenly notified and his daughter is sent back to the waiting list. Hostage situation ensues.

Edited by (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk

I'm usually monitoring geopolitics, socio-cultural discourse, and trends in science methodology. This one is interesting, because it means a shift in anti-establisment activist methodology is underway. Watch what everyone is doing the coming days. The rot and corruption will show in the most surprising of places. :D

Chess is good. My dad was a high level chess player, so I grew up with the game. Not playing so much after he died.

53 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

I'm usually monitoring geopolitics, socio-cultural discourse, and trends in science methodology. This one is interesting, because it means a shift in anti-establisment activist methodology is underway. Watch what everyone is doing the coming days. The rot and corruption will show in the most surprising of places. :D

All we need now is some pamphlets.

A LOT of pamphlets.

For all those interested in stock right now please be careful with investments into those poPular stocks such as game right now. There’s going to be another hedge fund tapped into in a week or so and wait for that so people can trade and get more profit from. Start on the upward trend. It the peak! 

On 2021-01-18 at 3:43 AM, MagPrime said:

Oh that is amazing.  Give us updates!

I said I'd bring updates, and I have.

The reaction to the reveal last week wasn't quite what I anticipated (which is alright, I get it) hence the lack of updates, but today's has made up for it. Having exhausted their attempt to examine what is (in reality) quite a small chunk of the area affected by the plot hook, they were on their way home, got some more lore and a place to go - big metropolitan city several weeks (read: a couple sessions) travel away. I'm looking forward to it as it'll be quite the change of pace from the relatively small town they've been in thus far - simultaneously far more luxurious and far less friendly.

However, that's not the good part.

The good part is that two of my players managed to contract Lycanthropy because they decided to eat cursed meat from a wereboar kill. Fortunately the Bartender was able to identify it and direct them, but not until they succeeded in setting the local Potion Seller's robes (who they have an inexplicable dislike for) on fire. In this exchange he'd 'given' them a fairly useless potion in trade just so he could burn the presumed-expensive meat in front of them out of spite. After being cured of Lycanthropy, they passed the seller's Beehives and, having learned that the potion was either a potion of diminuation or growth, pour it into the hive.

Cue a swarm of angry, gnome-sized Bees.

Edited by Loza03
(accidental post)
  • Like 2

Last time I had pizza was..... february or march last year.

I could use a shawarma right now, though. With salad, onions and hummus. And loads of garlic dressing. But my favorite shawarma place went belly up when the 'rona hit (and loads of other local businesses).

22 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I said I'd bring updates, and I have.

The reaction to the reveal last week wasn't quite what I anticipated (which is alright, I get it) hence the lack of updates, but today's has made up for it. Having exhausted their attempt to examine what is (in reality) quite a small chunk of the area affected by the plot hook, they were on their way home, got some more lore and a place to go - big metropolitan city several weeks (read: a couple sessions) travel away. I'm looking forward to it as it'll be quite the change of pace from the relatively small town they've been in thus far - simultaneously far more luxurious and far less friendly.

However, that's not the good part.

The good part is that two of my players managed to contract Lycanthropy because they decided to eat cursed meat from a wereboar kill. Fortunately the Bartender was able to identify it and direct them, but not until they succeeded in setting the local Potion Seller's robes (who they have an inexplicable dislike for) on fire. In this exchange he'd 'given' them a fairly useless potion in trade just so he could burn the presumed-expensive meat in front of them out of spite. After being cured of Lycanthropy, they passed the seller's Beehives and, having learned that the potion was either a potion of diminuation or growth, pour it into the hive.

Cue a swarm of angry, gnome-sized Bees.

The Goldbergs Yes GIF by ABC Network

Had session 1 last night.  So far my character has this amazing physical ability for a bookish camp counselor but, lacks the brains to be a threat to anything.  Currently toting around 6 zombie making rocks she scooped up from the ocean floor while scuba diving.  Almost drowned to do it, and the only reason is because apparently she's part magpie. 

Edited by MagPrime