Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

1 hour ago, DarthK3v said:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I'd love to move somewhere it snows eventually, but I've also heard shoveling snow can suck after a while. I'd have to try it out first and see if it's a sacrifice that's worth the view.

Oh well its fun for the first couple of days but then ... IT NEVER STOPS !

You have to shovel it from the ground and then the roof has too much snow and you need to shovel it from the roof to the ground and then re-shovel it from the ground.

And then you have snow storms in April/march because it does not want to stop. you endup with only 2 seasons Winter and Preparing for winter  XD

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I lived where it snowed so much I lost my hatchback. 

Shovelling isnt too bad, but get you one of those snowblowers and you'll have far too much fun.  Wind up doing the entire block just because its entertaining.  

Sounds like a "Prime" opportunity for a Frost cosplay.

22 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Oh well its fun for the first couple of days but then ... IT NEVER STOPS !

You have to shovel it from the ground and then the roof has too much snow and you need to shovel it from the roof to the ground and then re-shovel it from the ground.

And then you have snow storms in April/march because it does not want to stop. you endup with only 2 seasons Winter and Preparing for winter  XD

Gotta say, the picture in my mind of never-ending snow still sounds enticing.

18 hours ago, Aldain said:

Another Nintendo Direct...another disappointing day.

Oh well, more from the Octopath Traveler devs is a plus.

Whilst I didn't mind the stuff in that Direct, it does somewhat surprise me that they didn't have more heavy hitters given the circumstances. You'd expect Nintendo to be like 'OK first direct in well over a year, lets make it worth it' but it was like... just a normal direct???

Splatoon 3 (or Splatterpunk as I have taken to calling it) was the only BIG announcement. 

39 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Whilst I didn't mind the stuff in that Direct, it does somewhat surprise me that they didn't have more heavy hitters given the circumstances. You'd expect Nintendo to be like 'OK first direct in well over a year, lets make it worth it' but it was like... just a normal direct???

Splatoon 3 (or Splatterpunk as I have taken to calling it) was the only BIG announcement. 

My high point was actually Project Triangle Strategy, why it wasn't called Triangle Tactics I'll never know, hell Triangle Tactics would have been a decent title like Octopath Traveler.

It is kind of sad I was more excited for that and a bunch of Squaresoft era ports than anything else, at least it wasn't another Pokemon for Smash though, that would have just been depressing.

1 hour ago, DarthK3v said:

Sounds like a "Prime" opportunity for a Frost cosplay.

Gotta say, the picture in my mind of never-ending snow still sounds enticing.

hahha yeah maybe for some. I have a wood stove and enough wood for an entire winter but for some power outage and too much snow may be a big problem ( on the long term )

52 minutes ago, Aldain said:

My high point was actually Project Triangle Strategy, why it wasn't called Triangle Tactics I'll never know, hell Triangle Tactics would have been a decent title like Octopath Traveler.

It is kind of sad I was more excited for that and a bunch of Squaresoft era ports than anything else, at least it wasn't another Pokemon for Smash though, that would have just been depressing.

"Ugh enough anime swordsmen"

*Monkey paw lowers a finger*

Anyway, chances are it'll have a more interesting name when it actually gets a title. 

32 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

"Ugh enough anime swordsmen"

*Monkey paw lowers a finger*

Anyway, chances are it'll have a more interesting name when it actually gets a title. 

Well people got what they asked for after all.

Spoiler

I still want Dante dammit, so much good music from DMC that would be amazing in Smash...hell Sephiroth would be the perfect character for a Spirit Board Vergil fight.

Though I'd laugh if they actually do just leave it as Triangle Strategy like how Octopath went, guess they want to avoid using Tactics because it calls to mind FF Tactics instead.

7 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I still want Dante dammit, so much good music from DMC that would be amazing in Smash...hell Sephiroth would be the perfect character for a Spirit Board Vergil fight.

Some days I think I'm over 'Bury the Light'.

Then I'm watching in some kind of Montage Video, and they use that damned Acappela bit. And I'm back, drifting in the ocean.

All

Alone.

I think I've settled on what the city that my players are heading for is gonna look like.

Think Erebor from the Hobbit, but with some magically-fuelled modern conveniences and instead of a giant pile of treasure, it's a huge treasure of knowledge and magical technology and most everybody who has access to it is exactly as greedy and tight-fisted as you would expect about it. I'm basing the culture somewhat off Sanctaphrax and Undertown from the Edge Chronicles series.

Check out Cadwallon and Blades in the Dark, if you want inspiration for city centered fantasy world building. The Vlad Taltos books got some good ideas as well.

Still working on my quest hub and GURPS hack. In the meantime, we are going to let one of the newcomers in the group run an Underdark campaign, more or less throwing her into the dark DM waters and see if she can swim. We might create a monster...

15 hours ago, DarthK3v said:

Random question: anyone know why this specific thread takes so long to load compared to other threads? Is it really trying to pre-load every single page?

That happens to me at times, I have zero idea why either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

In other "not really news because everyone saw it coming" news Anthem NEXT has ceased development.

To the surprise of literally no sentient being on the planet.

Remember when Anthem was going to be the next Warframe killer?