Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

So, how was your last week?

Mine was filled with dog.

My gf's dog had stopped eating and was getting weaker, since its kinda of a big dog for her to lift (16Kg) she couldnt bring it to the vet, and she would bite, putting colar would result in the dog making itself be dragged on the ground, which is bad since her house is a family 3 store building which she lives in the top floor with no elevators.

After talking to one of my former teaches (from 1st grade) who has many dogs, she suggested "Bring to a vet immediately" aside from listing what else could be, all of them needing a vet anyways.

So, I call my gf, tell her "be there in 10 minutes", I walk to the bus stop, my left sandal snaps and I have to walk home to get shoes. Then the right sandal snaps as I open the door... I knew then how the day would go: stressful.

I get to my gf's house, put a cord around the muzzle of the dog and carry it to the nearby vet knowing my left shoulder would be killing me next morning because of arthrosis.

Turns out the dog had pyometra and had to do surgery right there and then because it was advanced already.

And there was the stress. 

It went well, dog took 5 days in the clinic to be kept an eye on, almost bit every caretaker, is now home with a new diet recipe and now looks at me with wariness because "that's the dude who pulled me from my home and put me in that place".

Cats are much easier to care for.

I mean, look at this:

PkTedKK.png

Dogs dont compare.

• Like 2

Back is getting better, and I can finally get around more easily. This past month, though, dealing with constant, severe pain has been taxing. Food stores need restocking, since I've been unable to get out to buy food for most of the time. Even cooking was a trial, and bathroom business repeated lessons in agony.

Back injuries suck.

Been listening to Luetin09's videos lately. I was a 40K nut from the launch of the franchise, but I haven't kept up with the lore in its entirety for a decade.

Always_Has_Been_40k.png

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

So, how was your last week?

Mine was filled with dog.

My gf's dog had stopped eating and was getting weaker, since its kinda of a big dog for her to lift (16Kg) she couldnt bring it to the vet, and she would bite, putting colar would result in the dog making itself be dragged on the ground, which is bad since her house is a family 3 store building which she lives in the top floor with no elevators.

After talking to one of my former teaches (from 1st grade) who has many dogs, she suggested "Bring to a vet immediately" aside from listing what else could be, all of them needing a vet anyways.

So, I call my gf, tell her "be there in 10 minutes", I walk to the bus stop, my left sandal snaps and I have to walk home to get shoes. Then the right sandal snaps as I open the door... I knew then how the day would go: stressful.

I get to my gf's house, put a cord around the muzzle of the dog and carry it to the nearby vet knowing my left shoulder would be killing me next morning because of arthrosis.

Turns out the dog had pyometra and had to do surgery right there and then because it was advanced already.

And there was the stress. 

It went well, dog took 5 days in the clinic to be kept an eye on, almost bit every caretaker, is now home with a new diet recipe and now looks at me with wariness because "that's the dude who pulled me from my home and put me in that place".

Cats are much easier to care for.

I mean, look at this:

PkTedKK.png

Dogs dont compare.

Glad your girlfriend's dog is doing better. Also cute cat. Hopefully you didn't wreck your shoulder too much.

1 hour ago, Yrkul said:

Back is getting better, and I can finally get around more easily. This past month, though, dealing with constant, severe pain has been taxing. Food stores need restocking, since I've been unable to get out to buy food for most of the time. Even cooking was a trial, and bathroom business repeated lessons in agony.

Back injuries suck.

Been listening to Luetin09's videos lately. I was a 40K nut from the launch of the franchise, but I haven't kept up with the lore in its entirety for a decade.

Always_Has_Been_40k.png

Sorry about your back issues. Hopefully you can get stuff sorted out soon.

My week was pretty much the same as the previous few weeks. More job searching (currently on my sixth(?) month of unemployment) and more efforts in learning Python. It's my first coding language and I'm a month into it. I've been having trouble grasping a bunch of early concepts, which is a bit odd to me considering I grew up around computers and my dad knows a dozen languages himself. I can't be certain if I'm just having trouble learning it, or if the person teaching me is getting too advanced with the concepts too early. Fortunately it's a "work at your own pace" sort of thing, so I can simply go back and re-read the lessons they've posted again if I need to be sure I understand it all.

31 minutes ago, DarthK3v said:

Sorry about your back issues. Hopefully you can get stuff sorted out soon.

It's chronic, I'm sad to say. Usually dull aches and bearable pains, but I get periods of days up to a week unable to move around much. Pretty much all joints are a mess of varying degrees. However, the bad periods are getting more frequent, longer and more severe...

I'm due to get my knee scanned in the hope they can remove the bone spurs and repair the joint surface. That way I'll put my weight on both legs more evenly, so it'll reduce the uneven wear on the spine. Still a bit iffy, since Denmark isn't up to par on joint restoration procedures. Germany is, though. If I had the money, I'd go there for the surgery as well as orthokine therapy.

On 2021-05-03 at 10:52 AM, Yrkul said:

It's chronic, I'm sad to say. Usually dull aches and bearable pains, but I get periods of days up to a week unable to move around much. Pretty much all joints are a mess of varying degrees. However, the bad periods are getting more frequent, longer and more severe...

I'm due to get my knee scanned in the hope they can remove the bone spurs and repair the joint surface. That way I'll put my weight on both legs more evenly, so it'll reduce the uneven wear on the spine. Still a bit iffy, since Denmark isn't up to par on joint restoration procedures. Germany is, though. If I had the money, I'd go there for the surgery as well as orthokine therapy.

At the very least, I'm glad you're able to take steps to at least lessen the pain if not eliminate it entirely. I wish you the best on your operations and recoveries.

18 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Bacon and French pudding kind of day.

On the same dish?

Thinking back to my mid-teens to early twenties, and the amount of Bic pen doodles I made on people's arms, it's probably for the best we didn't have such easy access to tattooing tools. Granted, there was a reason why they wanted me to decorate them, and at least 5 people run around with designs I made for them to this day. But imagine me, with undiagnosed ADHD and a tattoo machine. :D Things... and people would look a lot different than they do today.

1143279d17e336824252b4d7eb8c032f.jpg

• Like 2

I've never played a tab-targetMMO before (or at least not in a very long time or in much depth. If anyone here's played Pirates of the Caribbean online, was that a tab-target MMO?), and I've heard a lot of people talking up FF14. Would that be a decent place to start?

Two tab-target MMOs I still play for chill-out and while hearing podcasts are Rifts and Guild Wars 2. Neither feel too predatory in their monetization. Not really into Final Fantasy, so I haven't tried FF14.

I used to enjoy GW1, couldn't get into GW2.  Currently enjoying FF14, it's a beautiful game but the main draw for me is the cross platform & cross-progression capabilities - I can play with my boyfriend on my PC while he's on his PS4 & I can play on my account on my PS4 as well.  

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Alright... What is this that I'm hearing that the OK gesture is now signifying "White Power"?!

That was 4chan shenanigans back in 2017. Even ADL acknowledges it was a social engineering trolling campaign, and that it doesn't mean that "in most cases". Despite that, SJWs and grifters still weaponize any use of the OK sign as a percieved dogwistle, and an excuse to harrass and persecute individuals. On top of that, handing over innocuous gestures, words, actions and objects to unsavoury ideologies basically relinquishes control over cultural and social functions to said ideologies, making them stronger, more influential and taking up more and more space in social, cultural and political discourse.

"The Devil only has the power over you, that you decide to give him"

I was cleaning up in my miniatures, and found some original Necromunda weapons. The crude sculpts were thrown into the bin for casting years ago, but I held on to the ones designed by Jes Goodwin. High detail, slender design and small enough, that they can go well with non-Games Workshop miniatures.

Small joys, I know, but we need these little wins once in a while. Especially in times like this.

Games-Workshop-Necromunda-Warhammer-40k-

4 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I found out I have enough spare funds on the stimulus to get a 3D printer and I...really, really, really want to get one but I'm at a lose as to what I'd print often enough to justify getting it.

Emergency food rations and an extra gun might be a better investment at the moment, if we are to believe the underground media.

Personally, I could use a 3D printer for my hobbies and replicating small parts for repairs, but if you have to ask, then chances are you'll just end up with an endless supply of knick-knack taking up more and more space.

That being said, there are career opportunities in learning to use a 3D printer and its software. Makerspaces were a thing before the plague, and probably will be again. And we might see a more localized, easily adjustable manufacturing methodology in the near future.

Have someone tried 30XX? It's incredible, I'm not such a fan of rougelike games but this game is megaman on steroids. The music isn't that good imo (I opted ofr muting it and put some megaman ost) and they had some really questionable color pallette in some levels but the game is very responsive and the powers are cool af, it's a mashup of a lot of cool stuff from older megaman, megamn 8, megaman x series and then megaman zero / zx. Mandatory the use of some joystick/controller, I'm suing a cheap usb ps2 likie to play it and works fantastic.

1 hour ago, Yrkul said:

Emergency food rations and an extra gun might be a better investment at the moment, if we are to believe the underground media.

Personally, I could use a 3D printer for my hobbies and replicating small parts for repairs, but if you have to ask, then chances are you'll just end up with an endless supply of knick-knack taking up more and more space.

That being said, there are career opportunities in learning to use a 3D printer and its software. Makerspaces were a thing before the plague, and probably will be again. And we might see a more localized, easily adjustable manufacturing methodology in the near future.

Bold of you to assume I dont have an apocalypse plan and gear already. 

• Like 1

Since it was announce the anime called Yasuke it reminded me of a post I put up about a Samurai concept I created. Here is the trailer of the anime along with my Samurai concept and what it looks like, tell me what you think.

Samurai Warframe Renji by Aaronj-c

Edited by (PSN)Vexx757