Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

6 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Isn't it the same problem like in America,  but just no so obvious? I heard stories about a pink slime which is used as meat replacement in mcdonalds and other restaurants.

There are more egregious examples in the search set I linked to, but yes, America have rather lax laws concerning food quality. This is one of the down sides to a hands-off approach to market regulation.

We had at one time companies trying to get the use of meat glue approved here in Denmark. It was shot down by both the government and public opinion. We still get MSG and HFCS in processed foods, which is why I try to limit those in my diet.

It is depressing how much of our food is carcinogenic, diabetes inducing, autoimmune response triggering and artery clogging. Carefully consider what you shove in your face, and if it is worth the health risk.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Yrkul:

There are more egregious examples in the search set I linked to, but yes, America have rather lax laws concerning food quality. This is one of the down sides to a hands-off approach to market regulation.

We had at one time companies trying to get the use of meat glue approved here in Denmark. It was shot down by both the government and public opinion. We still get MSG and HFCS in processed foods, which is why I try to limit those in my diet.

It is depressing how much of our food is carcinogenic, diabetes inducing, autoimmune response triggering and artery clogging. Carefully consider what you shove in your face, and if it is worth the health risk.

It's depressing, but I can kinda understand the companies which do it. Many additives are "just" for increasing the durability of a product. Sadly are the most conservative additives either (partly) toxic or they change the taste of the product (which has to be countered with other additives). Without these additives will the most food product just get destroyed in a few days. And other conservation mechanic (like freezing) cost a big amount of money and is in many times even worse for the nature. It's actually a vicious circle. And for the most companies is money the most valuable object.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Yrkul:

TTip. If this one gets finished does it mean that as an axample America approved food can come to Germany (or other European countries) without further controls. With other words welcome pink slime, or DNA changed meat. The public is against it, but especially in my country is the government trying everything to get it done...

Well, that's what happen when you let one party (CDU) "rule" this country for ~30years and has an average age of 60. It's even "better", if around 30% of all citizens is older than 60, against new standards like internet (it's privatized), or CO2-reduction. If I remember it right is there also the thing that a marriage between "normal" people is called "marriage", but marriage between people with the same sex has to be called "same-sex lifepartnership". Anyone who can "beat " my country?

About the marriage part am I quite unsure,  please give me a day or two to check it.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)NuclearSquiddy said:

Is this region chat 2.0 or something

This is more where people go to drunkenly/tiredly/boredly/some-other-ly-word post random "stream of consciousness"-type things and random gifs.

Case in point:

cheese eating GIF by Chipotle Mexican Grill

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

TTip. If this one gets finished does it mean that as an axample America approved food can come to Germany (or other European countries) without further controls. With other words welcome pink slime, or DNA changed meat. The public is against it, but especially in my country is the government trying everything to get it done...

That is a very complicated question. It depends on to what degree the main actors in EU can and dare force a this through. The union already lost one country due to legislative tyranny.

Denmark has been pretty active in the EU initiative, but at the same time have some of the most restrictive laws concerning food safety etc. So things are a bit up in the air at the moment.

56 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Aaand insomnia. Great. Still tired, but unable to sleep.

Maybe coffee will help...

Now, I don't drink coffee but I was under the impression it was supposed to do the oppositeof that.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Now, I don't drink coffee but I was under the impression it was supposed to do the oppositeof that.

About 60% of people with ADHD get the opposite effect from stimulants. When I was on Ritalin, my symptoms were less pronounced, I was calmer and could focus for longer. Coffee makes me sleepy. Sometimes... Though not today.

I metabolize tranquilizers at a much faster rate than normal to boot, so that's not an option either.

14 hours ago, Yrkul said:

About 60% of people with ADHD get the opposite effect from stimulants. When I was on Ritalin, my symptoms were less pronounced, I was calmer and could focus for longer. Coffee makes me sleepy. Sometimes... Though not today.

I metabolize tranquilizers at a much faster rate than normal to boot, so that's not an option either.

That's... genuinely fascinating, I wonder why that is.

44 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

That's... genuinely fascinating, I wonder why that is.

ADHD (and a lot of other neurological disorders) is caused by neurochemical imbalances, in particular a deficit in dopamine and norepinephrine (Very simply explained. The disorder is extremely nuanced, and there is no universal treatment). Stimulants like coffee and Ritalin/amphetamine cause an uptick in the body's dopamine production, bringing it up closer to normal levels. Parents are often advised to try giving their child coffee, if they exhibit symptoms of ADHD. Sometimes it is possible to manage the diagnosis with mild stimulants, therapy and awareness of one's condition.

One should in any case always consult with one's doctor, and if possible a psychiatrist.

Heavy intercessor squads finally went up on preorder, but...

380dkr for a 5-man rank-and-file box. That's... steep. I had plans to get a 10 man squad with the high RoF option, and a 5 man squad with the long range weapons, as well as another box for conversions (cheaper character models). But this price...

Those 3D printers look more and more enticing every day.

99120101288_SMHeavyIntercessorsLead.jpg

18 hours ago, Yrkul said:

About 60% of people with ADHD get the opposite effect from stimulants.

This might explain why caffeine has zero effect on me, and in my dad causes him to fall asleep.

1 hour ago, DarthK3v said:

This might explain why caffeine has zero effect on me, and in my dad causes him to fall asleep.

Or you just have an atypical reaction to caffeine. Neurochemistry is a funny field of study.

If you have some of the usual symptoms, then we can start speculating in if ADHD is indeed the reason of your reaction (or lack thereof).

One of the problems with ADHD is, that it is a very easy diagnosis to arrive at. I've also met a lot of people, who self-diagnosed just to cover up their personal shortcomings, to the detrimental trivialization of the diagnosis. So I'm a bit hesitant to accept such a conclusion without a thorough examination. So if any symptoms you may have pose severe roadblocks in your life, then I would advise getting a proper diagnosis and consultation. If you don't have hampering symptoms, then just treat your immunity to caffeine as a personality oddity.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Insomnia. I hate my brain.

I've been rocking 4 hours of sleep a night for the last couple weeks.  Normally I rocket between 2 hours and 16 on a weekly rotation.

I'm sorry though, insomnia sucks. 

Posted (edited)

Must be some toy story behind that army, @Yrkul. As for brains, can't live with or without it. If you had no brain, brain problems wouldn't exist, but neither would you.

---

Can a 3D printer recreate geography and make me the prints of Persia?

Edited by (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Must be some toy story behind that army, @Yrkul. As for brains, can't live with or without it. If you had no brain, brain problems wouldn't exist, but neither would you.

---

https://www.matterhackers.com/news/how-to-3d-print-a-map-of-anywhere-in-the-world

8 minutes ago, (PSN)DreadedGokaiger said:

8 year old post, awesome.

More like, 8 minute old post in an 8 year old thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Must be some toy story behind that army, @Yrkul.

I've been collecting wargame miniatures on and off since '84. Worked for 5 years in a gaming store, so I have a lot of minis lying around, both painted and unpainted. I've found the going into minute details helps with my focus, and painting in 3D also helps with my drawing techniques. The hobby has been on the back burner for a number of years, since I've dedicated most of my time to various studies as well as a number of health problems. And while Games Workshop is doing some dubious things to their IPs right now, the hobby and its community is very much active and very creative.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

my-hilarious-dad-jokes-my-ungrateful-fam

• Like 1