Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

So, I finally decided to see He-Man, my childhood (and hijacking my gf's Netflix account) demanded I reserved a whole afternoon to marathon it.

Was kinda bummed because there was almost no He-Man himself.

But I enjoyed the cartoon. Orko in particular.

F

Edited by Kaotyke

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Thats 4 hours long, what's the tl;dw?

Narrative inconsistencies, a problem with understanding basic ethics, obvious shoehorning current ideologies in, and undermining established characters to make room for a new "generation". And of course, the fact that Black Widow dies in Endgame undermines any amount of suspense.

But that shouldn't come as a surprise any more. Movies over the last few years have been struggling with bad writing in general, and Disney has been leading the field in reducing the worth and potential of its IPs. And while I don't care much for the superhero genre, I'm still sad seeing so many franchises from my childhood and youth run into the ground.

1 hour ago, Yrkul said:

Narrative inconsistencies, a problem with understanding basic ethics, obvious shoehorning current ideologies in, and undermining established characters to make room for a new "generation". And of course, the fact that Black Widow dies in Endgame undermines any amount of suspense.

But that shouldn't come as a surprise any more. Movies over the last few years have been struggling with bad writing in general, and Disney has been leading the field in reducing the worth and potential of its IPs. And while I don't care much for the superhero genre, I'm still sad seeing so many franchises from my childhood and youth run into the ground.

Ah, yeah.  It's not about telling the story, it's about making money and generating emotional connections to superficial things.  

Well, my chair broke. And my replacement backup chair, which was my original chair that I replaced because the covering was getting torn is going to be re-covered, so I'm using a backup-backup chair, that isn't the chair that my family looted loaned from the local university at the start of lockdown, nor is it the chair that is now in my mother's office.

Why does my family have so many office chairs?

I've just seen this:

No wonder why the people within that age over there acts like maniacs or have so many road rage issues. I feel so sad right now, poor kids, condemned to a life of suffering (for them and to others by them) just because parents couldn't deal with them.

P.S: I #*!%ing hate how this guys narrates, why he continues to narrate with those forced and bad used long pauses between phrases... But sometiems he covers cool subjects.

Edited by vanaukas

So, on this Monday I had to nuke my PC. Nothing was working. Windows Update was automatically turning itself off, then the TaskBar and fancy windows of Windows 10 were self-closing too.

The only reason I was hesitant was because I had no Windows 10 Key anywhere. I looked even at the motherboard. Then I found out the Product Key was linked to my Microsoft Account, then we all went YAAAY!

But then it went FEEEEEKKK! Because even after I put the last GPU Driver back, the game was a stuttering MESS! And I say mess as in "When I looked at the Task Manager for GPU usage the percentage was going from 95% to 0% in an INSTANT." Sometimes it would dip from 95 to 46 and then to 0. As you can imagine, the game was freezing in 0% GPU usage for several seconds even when I was just watching the screen while in the Orbiter. Even the loading background image when you start up was getting those 0%, imagine if I went to somewhere like... Plague Star with a TEAM!

So, more or less 5 days of trying to find out what was going on, from checking the Intel Control Manager, to tweaking my in-game Settings (it was a pain), to checking the BIOS, to installing programs to stress test the GPU itself... no other game was having this issue, only Warframe.

Then I decide to start tweaking the Drivers themselves, using the ones from December 2020 to August of this year. Nothing. As a side note the one from August had the WORSE performance of them all.

Scratching my cat's belly as she curled up around my arm, I was checking my phone and wondering if it would run Warframe, I turned my attention to Reddit and found my answer.

"Grab an older Driver and go testing". You guys know how many drives are there for my GPU? 20. Each in the 300Mb to 500Mb range and in Zip, which meant that the total number would double.

Let me reiterate about the parts I said I was checking Control Manager, checking the BIOS, checking the game and making stress tests and I had to restart the PC with each new Installation and De-installation, I did. Every. Last. One. Of those for the 7 Drivers that came this year. And I had to do that with all Drivers from 2020?

I was going to just do this ONCE today because its 11PM already and my cats are calling me to sleep, but I picked a random one... the 5/5/2020 version and IT! #*!%ING! WORKED!

I have over 15GB of Drivers currently in my Download Page here... I will test the versions after the 5/5/2020, see if they work just as well or better... tomorrow.

Ugh...