Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

Problems associated with easy access to tattoo gear was mentioned a while back in this thread. Just imagine the amount of bad tattoos as a result.

No, this one is... not as bad in regard of permanence. But I reckon it will leave a lot of people traumatized. If you clicked the link, it would show this:

81a+HrmmMQL._SL1500_.jpg

That is a can of "surströmming", pickled herring. It is a swedish, ah... delicacy. It is also very foul smelling. You need to drink milk with it, or it will eat your stomach lining. The cans are prone to bursting. It is forbidden to bring these to most hotels in Sweden. Cleaning up after a mishap is... problematic. Think cadaverine grade of problematic.

Hopefully, you'll grasp why I find sending one of these in the mail, maybe even by air, a very bad idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Sounds like a potential prank food tho...

Only towards people you don't like. Or swedes. Swedes will get the joke, go "haha", then eat the thing, making sure you are present and watching, as revenge.

The local delicacy where I come from is only slightly better though. Wind dried salted flatfish, so hard that it doubles as a close combat weapon. To eat it, you have to soak it for hours, changing the water regularly to get the salt out. Served with potatos and white sauce with parsley, the fish is really pungent and its meat is very dense. And for some reason I really, really like it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

What do you consider "weird" tho?

I know what I consider weird...having to self-teach myself ethical hacking through 12 year out of date 3rd party software because the community college I go to decided it would be a wonderful time saver.

Nothing like learning how to deal with errors on Windows XP/Vista in 2021...good lord these classes are worthless.

2 hours ago, (NSW)NehiJG said:

Well since we’re on the topic of weird/nasty foods have you all ever eaten? Dried Seaweed? I actually quite like it

There's nothing weird about dried seaweed tho, :crylaugh: I even eat it with my sushi!

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

What do you consider "weird" tho?

Durian smells so hard. I think it's weird. Durian GIF

I would totally eat Durian Moa Legs tho! They're rich in iron.  Smash Star Wars GIF by Percolate Galactic

20 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Nothing like learning how to deal with errors on Windows XP/Vista in 2021...good lord these classes are worthless.

Lots of local shops and small businesses are still using XP...

When the android apocalypse hits, all Windows 10/11 computers will be out-of-control killing machines...

Windows XP will rise from the ashes, and you are the Chosen One who will lead us to salvation!

8 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Lots of local shops and small businesses are still using XP...

True, but that doesn't give Cengage a free pass to not check if some of the software they want us to install even WORKS on these hunks of junk they call computers.

3 Labs I had told me to download something only for the computer to say "XYZ is not compatible with this version of windows".

Not to mention the labs are structured like an idiot did them, constantly having to download files from an intranet (which itself is laggy, it took me 14 minutes to download 20mb worth of data once) only to install them when they could have just...actually already had the damn things installed from the get go since any idiot can work an install wizard.

I'm learning nothing from this laundry list of objectives, most of my time is being spent just looking at things run after I spend 10-15 minutes installing them.

5 hours ago, (NSW)NehiJG said:

Dried Seaweed?

Really? That's weird to you? It is on almost everything japanese.

I used to make onigiri for lunch at times, and used seaweed strips (nori) to wrap around. Unfortunately, I can't eat that many simple carbs these days.

8 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Really? That's weird to you? It is on almost everything japanese.

I used to make onigiri for lunch at times, and used seaweed strips (nori) to wrap around. Unfortunately, I can't eat that many simple carbs these days.

Yeah but it’s with something, I mean by itself