Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

Argh...Smash Bros...Final Character...Trailer Tomorrow...

Sakurai's Wild Ride is coming to an end and I'm not sure if I should feel sad or INSANELY RELIEVED that DLC wars can finally stop...

Dawn of the Final Day...some handful of hours remain.

• Like 1

I hate to double post in LPW but if I don't let this out somewhere I'm likely going to go stark raving mad.

I literally can't sleep over the existential dread of the fallout caused by the last Smash Fighter.

I wish I were joking, but I'm lying awake in the dark, staring at my ceiling, in utter terror of what may come in 9 hours.

Spoiler

Gods above let it not be anything from Fortnite or another *%($in Pokemon...my hopes and dreams are all utterly destroyed as it is, but if either of those options close out the final fighter pass I think I would just lose that last bit of hope I didn't know I still had.

How could something that brought such excitement and joy over the last few years have possibly left me in this state? What power doth Sakurai have over my mortal soul that leaves me in fear?

...In short:

Global Goal Help GIF by Global Citizen

7 hours ago, Aldain said:

I hate to double post in LPW but if I don't let this out somewhere I'm likely going to go stark raving mad.

I literally can't sleep over the existential dread of the fallout caused by the last Smash Fighter.

I wish I were joking, but I'm lying awake in the dark, staring at my ceiling, in utter terror of what may come in 9 hours.

Hide contents

Gods above let it not be anything from Fortnite or another *%($in Pokemon...my hopes and dreams are all utterly destroyed as it is, but if either of those options close out the final fighter pass I think I would just lose that last bit of hope I didn't know I still had.

How could something that brought such excitement and joy over the last few years have possibly left me in this state? What power doth Sakurai have over my mortal soul that leaves me in fear?

...In short:

How poetic

9 hours ago, Aldain said:

Reveal hidden contents

...In short:

40 minutes remain.

Your fear feeds Sakurai.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Honestly, much as I laughed at the Doomguy costume, I'm happy for Sora Fans. I get he was wanted. Plus it's kind of poetic that ballot was the decider again.

Also what is it with final smash dlc's and being air fighters.

Honestly with the whole "Final Ember" thing I was expecting Dark Souls to show up.

I'm actually a bit relieved it wasn't though.

9 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Honestly with the whole "Final Ember" thing I was expecting Dark Souls to show up.

I'm actually a bit relieved it wasn't though.

Likewise, I was sure it was dark souls. Then I was less when I saw it wasn't a campfire, a bit more when Mario picked up the sword, and then well... Keyblade.

Props to the Smash Crew for making the reveal dramatic

Just now, Loza03 said:

I'm satisfied. Not one of my personal 'must haves' but I know a lot of people wanted him. And honestly? It's nice. It's cute, and it fits well.

Same, Kingdom Hearts has that kind of disarming effect, not that I don't expect some people to turn into piles of salt over this reveal.

...I just wish I would have gotten a Golden Sun rep, but that's in the past.

9 minutes ago, (NSW)NehiJG said:

I like how this temporarily turned into a smash bros thread lol

It's happened a few times over the recent years (most of them my fault).

...It's sad this will be the last time.

Also we are now officially in a timeline where the joke "Mushroom Kingdom Hearts" actually makes sense.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1

On 2021-10-05 at 5:41 PM, Aldain said:

Also we are now officially in a timeline where the joke "Mushroom Kingdom Hearts" actually makes sense.

I'm now imagining 'Simple and Clean' but with Mario gibberish and quotes interspersed throughought.