Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

On fishy news, my Kyngyo is sick again. And its the same thing, needing water to be exchanged from the aquarium for new one. Doing that every 6 months is not going to cut it it seems. What a pain, the aquarium is on a stand at 1,6m of height and the aquarium itself is 60x40x50 (centimeters), getting half of the water out of it is fine, just use a hose, but putting in... I have to go up to the terrace, open one of the 100L buckets that are filled with water, fill another bucket, go down the stairs, climb a chair and purr the water inside the aquarium, repeat.

And for the golf ball sized fish? He is in a separate aquarium for now, since the sickness is "Excess blood on the gills and tails" the others might start to bite him.

Edited by Kaotyke
  • Like 1

Cats are pretty smart about knowing to look to see what we're holding.

Unrelated question: How much Mastery Rank experience do you think it would take to reach MR42(aka LR12)? I'm guessing that it translates to about 100-150 new weapons/frames? I have seen that Simaris has completed the designs for the new MR Tablets and completed the chambers for the MR test rooms. The mini-map is still the same though.

I could post a pic if anyone is interested.

Edited by LillyRaccune

Animals are worth fighting for every time, cute fur babies that needs plenty of love. Hope all of them are doing better <3

On 2021-11-30 at 8:47 PM, MagPrime said:

...don't be surprised if you turn into a newt tomorrow.

That looks like cute pet~

On 2021-12-03 at 11:22 PM, Yrkul said:

For some reason I can't get hyped up for the new war. They've been dangling that carrot around for too long to stay appetizing. And their new stuff has been rather meh for the most part since Solaris.

-snip-

I feel similar and I am mostly interested in what happens after and the potential story bits. I would like if they made more lore content in different ways (like how Destiny does).

16 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Cats are pretty smart about knowing to look to see what we're holding.

Unrelated question: How much Mastery Rank experience do you think it would take to reach MR42(aka LR12)? I'm guessing that it translates to about 100-150 new weapons/frames? I have seen that Simaris has completed the designs for the new MR Tablets and completed the chambers for the MR test rooms. The mini-map is still the same though.

I could post a pic if anyone is interested.

I'm far from legendary rank 12 but I'm interested. 

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

4 Days.

I've thoroughly tested my loadout. Anything the sentients throw at me, I'm ready for it. I've even developed strategies for the trickier opponents, like Aerolysts.

No matter what the Sentients throw at me, I'm ready for the New War.

At least until the plot demand I inevitably lose access to my loadout for character development.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Loza03 said:

At least until the plot demand I inevitably lose access to my loadout for character development.

I always found that to be lazy game design, a tacit admission to having little control of general game difficulty, and extremely irritating as a player.

On a sadder note, Anne Rice, the author of Interview With a Vampire and more, just died.

1 hour ago, Yrkul said:

I always found that to be lazy game design, a tacit admission to having little control of general game difficulty, and extremely irritating as a player.

I would typically agree for the average mission or events (Cough, Orphix, Cough), but for story purposes, less so. It's a classic story trope to depower the hero for the darkest hour, and whilst they pulled that card for the War Within, I think it's been enough time.

1 hour ago, Yrkul said:

On a sadder note, Anne Rice, the author of Interview With a Vampire and more, just died.

I'm afraid I'm not all that familiar, but looking her up she seems to have been a lovely person. 

20 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I would typically agree for the average mission or events (Cough, Orphix, Cough), but for story purposes, less so. It's a classic story trope to depower the hero for the darkest hour, and whilst they pulled that card for the War Within, I think it's been enough time.

War Within, yes. That one is understandable, as it is centered around the operator, and not what we had amassed already of frames, weapons etc. But it is so overused in media in general, and very often in a contrived way. Orphix was one of the big sinners. The Grendel missions likewise (the reason why I can't be bothered getting Chunkyboi). I'm just getting tired of bad storytelling.

20 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I'm afraid I'm not all that familiar, but looking her up she seems to have been a lovely person. 

She wrote a bunch of vampire novels, that turned out to become classics in that genre on par with Bram Stoker's Dracula and Carmilla by Le Fanu. Her vampires are to a very large part the inspiration to various vampire subcultures.

6 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

War Within, yes. That one is understandable, as it is centered around the operator, and not what we had amassed already of frames, weapons etc. But it is so overused in media in general, and very often in a contrived way. Orphix was one of the big sinners. The Grendel missions likewise (the reason why I can't be bothered getting Chunkyboi). I'm just getting tired of bad storytelling.

The line between a trope and a cliche is pretty thin and dependent on the person. Personally, I'm honestly a bit of a sucker for tropey stories.

I think it'll come down to how they do it? Given the blown-up orbiter I could definitely see DE working it that we just start wearing out our equipment without the Orbiter and Helminth to repair and restock every mission. Either that or the Sentients adapt, or a bit of both. Wear down the kit until it's just the Tenno and the other player characters. Get some Halo Reach up in this.

Having said that, can't agree more for regular mission types without the justification of the Narrative. Orphix Venom would just have been Scarlet Spear but less interesting so they said "Uh, you can't use 99% of your loadout how's that", and... nah. Losing the frame because plot is one thing. Losing it because 'we literally can't make the event interesting if you have your Warframe' is not.

15 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

She wrote a bunch of vampire novels, that turned out to become classics in that genre on par with Bram Stoker's Dracula and Carmilla by Le Fanu. Her vampires are to a very large part the inspiration to various vampire subcultures.

I'm afraid I'm just simply not a vampire person. Nevertheless, a tragic loss.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Bloxanity2816 said:

Weird. I wonder if that backroom corridor thingy gets filled in the future where else can we do mastery rank tests?

I've jumped on the roof, and it appears to be a spiral. We would probably just keep going until we find we've walked past the area where the entrance is. But LR12 is a million years away, I just thought it was interesting that DE fully constructed the rooms with the new MR Slate designs.

I have been checking in over the last year or so, before LR01 was announced there was nothing next to the MR30 test except an empty box and a place to stand.

3 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Also: Close combat tank.

bwd6ms8xpw321.jpg?auto=webp&s=5ed834d133

Fix bayonets!

Learned from the Colonel... unlocked the tank on their knife... Things have come a long way since he discovered you could unlock the bipod on the knives.

mLRUpWbc4vAvSiaq16OpMZA_p4wP-ZaDnjgmM8kQHe must be proud.

Edited by Kaotyke

19 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Learned from the Colonel... unlocked the tank on their knife... Things have come a long way since he discovered you could unlock the bipod on the knives.

mLRUpWbc4vAvSiaq16OpMZA_p4wP-ZaDnjgmM8kQHe must be proud.

Da. Bipod is good for stability. But optics is best for hitting enemy.

knife-scope_o_3990753.jpg

big-brain-big-71d1060840.jpg