Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

1 hour ago, Mazifet said:

ah. so is your neck in 367 different pieces or just is it being a pain in the neck :)))

Spoiler

image.png

Example of a normal curve (not me, got it from Google)

Normal Cervical Spine, X-ray - Stock Image - C039/4054 - Science Photo  Library

The bones are bending the wrong way

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

It's curving the opposite way it should be curving, dang.

Are you gonna see a chiropractor or wear a neck brace or...?

Chiro has me on a 4 month plan, started doing traction last week.  But it does help explain why I have near constant head/neck pain.  The goal is to at least get it straightened out in 4 months, hopefully get a curve into it going the correct way.  

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png

The bones are bending the wrong way

Owh! Neck issues are nasty. I can't get the spinal stenosis in my own neck fixed, since the risk of the operation far outweighs any positive effect. Perhaps if it gets worse... but right now I'm "just" dropping things on rare occasions and losing the feeling in my arm if I lie with my head in an awkward position.

On a related note, my disability application went through, so I'm now officially a retiree. Means I can now concentrate on my research and family. With a little frugality, I might be able to save up for some orthokine treatments in Germany as well. Let's just hope the inflation isn't getting much worse...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Owh! Neck issues are nasty. I can't get the spinal stenosis in my own neck fixed, since the risk of the operation far outweighs any positive effect. Perhaps if it gets worse... but right now I'm "just" dropping things on rare occasions and losing the feeling in my arm if I lie with my head in an awkward position.

On a related note, my disability application went through, so I'm now officially a retiree. Means I can now concentrate on my research and family. With a little frugality, I might be able to save up for some orthokine treatments in Germany as well. Let's just hope the inflation isn't getting much worse...

Congrats for the new status!

We don't know if I have spinal stenosis, only xrays were done.  My insurance doesn't like the lack of medical history from my provider, so they are waiting to see how the chiropracty comes out and make a choice then.  I really really really hate that they have a say in my treatment. 

3 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

Luckily I don't have any neck issues, but I find myself needing to crack it constantly and occasionally it'll feel quite sore.

Last time I cracked my neck, my tongue went numb lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

We don't know if I have spinal stenosis, only xrays were done.  My insurance doesn't like the lack of medical history from my provider, so they are waiting to see how the chiropracty comes out and make a choice then.  I really really really hate that they have a say in my treatment.

I guess that's the downside of market driven health care. Over here it is more a question of if a treatment is worth the risk, and much less a matter of cost.

And with the stories of the euthanasia drive in Canada, I feel pretty lucky living in Denmark. Apparently, there's 50 shades of universal health care.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

I guess that's the downside of market driven health care. Over here it is more a question of if a treatment is worth the risk, and much less a matter of cost.

And with the stories of the euthanasia drive in Canada, I feel pretty lucky living in Denmark. Apparently, there's 50 shades of universal health care.

I'm just glad I'm able to get this taken care of.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

As am I. How are things in general? Cats still misbehaving?

Oh, man.  The awful roommates moved out and now I have an awesome one.  Sadly, her cat is a bit of a prick to one of mine.  We can't seem to get them to at least tolerate eachother, he will just stalk Mag throughout the place and randomly jump on her.  It turned bloody yesterday, so, I'm sending Mag up to my parents place for a bit.  The roommates cat leaves Boomer alone for the most part, mainly because he's twice the size and a lot meaner.

I ordered the shell for a tiny house trailer, it should be ready by the end of December.  My family and I are coordination time off requests so we can do a week long work party to get the inside taken care of quickly.  It's 28x9.5x10.5, about 262 square feet.  I'm still working on the blueprint for it but there's going to be an elevator bed platform as well as one for my work office.  Working on an endless shower system at the moment.

• Like 2

Spoiler

No description available.

These two have their own beds with heating pads and memory foam but no, they have to take over the lower part of my bed in the most inconvenient spot possible.  I have to sleep at an angle if I want to stretch out at all, otherwise I get assaulted.  The one on the left has taken to dragging his belly across my face for some reason and the other puts her butt on my pillows and flicks her tail on my face.

• Like 2

The joy of cats. :D

My last pet was a large green philipino mantis, that ate anything from crickets to wolf spiders.

The tiny home project sounds awesome.

I still have my eyes on the apartment with the shop/atelier on the ground floor. But that would mean treatments at my own expense are further into the future. Getting my debt out of the way takes priority, though. We have state paid education here, but I still needed to take out a loan to live off on my last year at Uni. And it would be nice to hand in my dissertation at last... Not going to get bored being retired. :D

• Like 2

Forum burped.

I'm doing a bit of converting on my space marine sniper team atm. The scopes were horrendous, so I'm making some new ones using plasticard strips, modelling putty and precision telescoping brass tubing...

I'm a fanatic. So...?

Edited by Yrkul
Double post.