Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

14 hours ago, Mazifet said:

I have decided to go on a path of forma'ing Limbo. 

Assuming I use the meta Savage Silence + Kuva Bramma method on Adaro with a booster, 1 forma should take roughly 3-5 minutes. My current goal is a 1000 forma Limbo. Assuming I do 20 forma a day, each taking 5 minutes I would have to dedicate 100 minutes or 1 2/3 hours of my life for the next 50 days. 

For Affinity boosters, buying 2 30 day boosters for 400 platinum total would be the most efficient option for price. For forma, the most efficient method of obtaining forma is buying the 3 pack of forma for 35 platinum. 

Now here's where the problem comes in. The total cost including affinity boosters comes to 12,607 platinum. I am broke as $h!t and have no way of affording this. My main method of farming platinum is in prime parts, and even when a hard to get prime comes out like Khora Prime, she and her weapons still only sold for a total of about 750 platinum on the first couple days. I could try my hand at rivens, as if you get a god-roll on something like zenith or rubico for eidolon hunting, players will give several thousands of platinum. If I was lucky enough and managed to roll a few of these then my platinum problems would be solved. However, rivens are extremely hit or miss. You could use hundreds of thousands of kuva on a riven for it to be only good enough for a few hundred platinum.

So, my question is, how the hell do I get 1,2607 platinum without spending 600 dollars?!?!?!

It's Tennobaum, just request Forma to be gifted.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

It's Tennobaum, just request Forma to be gifted.

makes sense. now hand over your forma.

edit: ty i will forma immediately

7 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

the prime... right?

as both of you suggested, i should ask people to give me forma in the spirit of tennobaum. 

so how should i do this? should i make an off-topic thread just saying "hey give me your forma for the funny lol"?

Edited by Mazifet
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

makes sense. now hand over your forma.

edit: ty i will forma immediately

as both of you suggested, i should ask people to give me forma in the spirit of tennobaum. 

so how should i do this? should i make an off-topic thread just saying "hey give me your forma for the funny lol"?

DE used to have an open wishlist topic, I don't see it up.  idk if I'm just looking in the wrong place though. 

EDIT: I was looking in the wrong place.

Edited by MagPrime

On 2022-12-08 at 2:03 AM, MagPrime said:

@Letter13 Do you know if running an alt account on a different platform will trigger the multiaccount ban?  An example would be me running my PC account in the same team as my Switch or PS4 account.

I can't confidently provide an answer to this. You'd have to send the question to a CSR. 

I can speculate though, and I wouldn't foresee that as happening. The main reason I think it wouldn't happen is that there's no cross-platform trading or gifting (really no way to transfer goods between different accounts on different platforms). As it exists, bans for using multiple accounts is primarily when multiple accounts are used to circumvent in-game restrictions (i.e. using a spare account for riven storage, or using multiple accounts to farm platinum discounts, or having spare accounts run around with scripts while the main does the mission and farm components or resources, etc).

Basically, using separate accounts of yours on separate platforms doesn't allow you to bypass any sort of in-game restrictions or limitations. That's my rationale and I think it's pretty solid, BUT it is just speculation and should not be used as a 'But he said' excuse if bad things happen as a result.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Letter13 said:

I can't confidently provide an answer to this. You'd have to send the question to a CSR. 

I can speculate though, and I wouldn't foresee that as happening. The main reason I think it wouldn't happen is that there's no cross-platform trading or gifting (really no way to transfer goods between different accounts on different platforms). As it exists, bans for using multiple accounts is primarily when multiple accounts are used to circumvent in-game restrictions (i.e. using a spare account for riven storage, or using multiple accounts to farm platinum discounts, or having spare accounts run around with scripts while the main does the mission and farm components or resources, etc).

Basically, using separate accounts of yours on separate platforms doesn't allow you to bypass any sort of in-game restrictions or limitations. That's my rationale and I think it's pretty solid, BUT it is just speculation and should not be used as a 'But he said' excuse if bad things happen as a result.

This is what I'm assuming as well but wanted to double check.  

Thank you! :)  I will probably fire off a request after the holidays. 

• Like 1

ok so I might have come up with a way to balance single target and aoe with no nerfs at all

basically on headshot kills the mission progresses faster. in exterminate, headshot kills will count as three kills and potentially more depending on how much overkill damage you do (as much as it would be funny to one shot the exterminate meter, obviously it's going to need a cap, probably about 5-7).

to incentivize killing after the objective is complete and to make up for the less required kills for mission completion, each additional headshot kill will multiply the resources you get at the end of the mission (maybe 1+(<headshot kills>x.025)). for example, an 83 kill exterminate mission will give about 2.6 times the usual drops if you get all required headshot kills.

in survival, headshot kills could increase drop chance of life support

don't really have any ideas for the other mission types though

and for eligible weapons, pretty much anything that has aoe as its main damage source (bramma, zarr, ogris) won't benefit from this, but things like the chakkhurr and gas procs that originated from a headshot would.

tldr accuracy needs to be rewarded instead of being a basically useless skill

• Like 2

On 2022-12-14 at 11:07 PM, gamingchair1121 said:

ok so I might have come up with a way to balance single target and aoe with no nerfs at all

basically on headshot kills the mission progresses faster. in exterminate, headshot kills will count as three kills and potentially more depending on how much overkill damage you do (as much as it would be funny to one shot the exterminate meter, obviously it's going to need a cap, probably about 5-7).

to incentivize killing after the objective is complete and to make up for the less required kills for mission completion, each additional headshot kill will multiply the resources you get at the end of the mission (maybe 1+(<headshot kills>x.025)). for example, an 83 kill exterminate mission will give about 2.6 times the usual drops if you get all required headshot kills.

in survival, headshot kills could increase drop chance of life support

don't really have any ideas for the other mission types though

and for eligible weapons, pretty much anything that has aoe as its main damage source (bramma, zarr, ogris) won't benefit from this, but things like the chakkhurr and gas procs that originated from a headshot would.

tldr accuracy needs to be rewarded instead of being a basically useless skill

skill = reward, cool

problem though, what if someone infused ensnare  and used it to tightly group enemies, then used a gas sniper or chakkhurr or something to then kill a massive amount of enemies in a single shot like an aoe, but still getting the bonuses?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazifet said:

skill = reward, cool

problem though, what if someone infused ensnare  and used it to tightly group enemies, then used a gas sniper or chakkhurr or something to then kill a massive amount of enemies in a single shot like an aoe, but still getting the bonuses?

if the initial shot was a headshot, a gas proc will give the bonus. same for single target aoe like the chakkhurr. for when the enemies are unnaturally close (like ensnare as you mentioned), each headshot kill from a single shot will give 50% less bonus, so 3 kills from a chakkhurr would be 175% instead of 300%.

also another thing about aoe, any weapon that has over 5m blast radius and higher aoe damage than single target damage cant get the bonus so you cant just aoe spam with the bramma/zarr/envoy and get the bonuses.