Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

2 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

not to flex but my vectis does so much damage it one shots steel path enemies on a body shot

im more of a brrt type of person, especially the phenmor.

i got primed shred and vile acceleration and it brrts through hoards to insane degrees.

not to mention the slash, as if the initial brrt doesnt instantly kill them the slash will delete them after a second.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sporthand said:

Really? Besides, I am a sentient architect.

And I'm an information scientist. Analysing cognitive processes is part of what I do. I've had this discussion with AI enthusiasts for a couple of decades, and they've yet to present anything living up to their own expectations. Even the resurrected project of Expert Systems is still failing to deliver.

What AI in its current stage CAN do is automate certain processes, making it easier for users to create in digital media without the extensive, necessary skillset needed earlier on, much like the WYSIWYG editors did for web design and modding toolsets did for games like Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Neverwinter Nights. However, without the aforementioned skillset, said user usually ends up with average to sub-par results.

There are at the moment heated discussions around ChatGPT and its impact on academia. What people overlook is, that the AI can only write papers based on the exact input it gets. Output=/<input, to put it bluntly. That means you end up with results not fit for anything over bachelor grade academia. Anything above that needs ideally to add to the existing knowledge of a scientific field. Scientists will still be needed for their fields to progress. However, it will result in a larger amount of incompetent students getting passing grades, though that happens in fields/locales that substitutes activism or sportsmanship for learning the curriculum already.

We can of course always gamble on, that by chance we get an above average result, but then we're basically working with a million chimps and a million typewriters.

29 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

And I'm an information scientist. Analysing cognitive processes is part of what I do. I've had this discussion with AI enthusiasts for a couple of decades, and they've yet to present anything living up to their own expectations. Even the resurrected project of Expert Systems is still failing to deliver.

What AI in its current stage CAN do is automate certain processes, making it easier for users to create in digital media without the extensive, necessary skillset needed earlier on, much like the WYSIWYG editors did for web design and modding toolsets did for games like Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Neverwinter Nights. However, without the aforementioned skillset, said user usually ends up with average to sub-par results.

There are at the moment heated discussions around ChatGPT and its impact on academia. What people overlook is, that the AI can only write papers based on the exact input it gets. Output=/<input, to put it bluntly. That means you end up with results not fit for anything over bachelor grade academia. Anything above that needs ideally to add to the existing knowledge of a scientific field. Scientists will still be needed for their fields to progress. However, it will result in a larger amount of incompetent students getting passing grades, though that happens in fields/locales that substitutes activism or sportsmanship for learning the curriculum already.

We can of course always gamble on, that by chance we get an above average result, but then we're basically working with a million chimps and a million typewriters.

I made several small indie games before my professor hired me as a graduate student, and he is paying me now. I understand the program takes some challenges and gambling to break through the current limitation. I am in an endless mining tunnel to enhance the programming. Throughout my learning, the program is not reliable as we expected when the undetected bugs are hidden among the code, or some datasets may contain malicious and irrelevant. Sometimes, the architecture may need to be adequately trained. To keep drilling further, I am building more prototypes to discover the gems that my professor and investors want. I am having fun now regardless of failling stages. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

wait you already have a maxed one?

Yeah, I think that was just after I bought the entire big bundle for Baruuk Prime prime access and I got a boatload of plat, and a maxed rank arcane energize seems like a really good deal hahah, albeit the fact that it's the most expensive plat item I've ever bought so far or since. I'm pretty glad they're at least giving away some of the copies in Nightwaves and making it more available for everyone. 

2 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

should I tell him

Hide contents

ok its not a complete waste of plat it does have been its uses but usually rank 1-3 is good enough

I have rank 5 and I love it lmao, so that is that. I'm going to get the best of the best if it is within my means.

Edited by KernelWizard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gamingchair1121 said:

also I've heard things about being able to just spam abilities at 55% efficiency without running out of energy

does this actually work or do people just say that?

Sorry I was about to reply then eidolon hunts came up lmao. I can't say for 55% efficiency, but at 75% I'm pretty much Emperor Palpatine: 

power-starwars.gif

I use Revenant main and I could pretty much goes spinning with dense macabre in survival missions for several minutes at least, going around and picking up energy orbs and continuing the spin lmao. Hell, in missions where there's a lot of energy orb drops sometimes I came across the issue of already having maxed energy while there are orbs lying around, so I just refresh mesmer skin or something like that. Now that I've subsumed Rhino's Roar into my skill tab I can use that for whenever I have a surplus of energy as well. 

• Like 1

Did two days of single meal fasting, in part to try out my limits, in part to slowly stimulate autophagy and coaxing my body into using stored reserves. Need to be a bit cautious about starving myself, with all my ailments, but at this time I've only noticed a bit of lightheadedness. Today I went back to three meals, and tomorrow I have my cheat day in order to reset the body's famine reaction mechanism.

Plan is to do this again mid February, and then see if it does anything to my bloodwork due early March.

Might also be time to make another batch of bone broth again. I think I'll add pig's tails this time. Lots of collagen in those.

• Like 2

On 2023-01-20 at 1:43 AM, gamingchair1121 said:

new player here is 24 million damage a lot

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Big bonk

On 2023-01-20 at 2:46 AM, gamingchair1121 said:

like this?

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Excessive bonking

On 2023-01-20 at 2:50 PM, Yrkul said:

Did two days of single meal fasting, in part to try out my limits, in part to slowly stimulate autophagy and coaxing my body into using stored reserves. Need to be a bit cautious about starving myself, with all my ailments, but at this time I've only noticed a bit of lightheadedness. Today I went back to three meals, and tomorrow I have my cheat day in order to reset the body's famine reaction mechanism.

Plan is to do this again mid February, and then see if it does anything to my bloodwork due early March.

Might also be time to make another batch of bone broth again. I think I'll add pig's tails this time. Lots of collagen in those.

I hope it goes well for you <3

• Like 2