Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

I am slowly starting to add a couple of forma to each of my frames to increase starting energy level. That includes umbra formas to the ones I'm using the most. At least I have something to do atm. And I've also gotten a little behind in cracking relics, so... "crack!"

Also done with the new twin defense mission, at long bloody last. 2 Citrine, both weapons and enough to get one arcane ranked to max on my main, and the same sans one Citrine on the alt. Yep. Another game mode I hope I'll never have to touch ever again.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

I am slowly starting to add a couple of forma to each of my frames to increase starting energy level. That includes umbra formas to the ones I'm using the most. At least I have something to do atm. And I've also gotten a little behind in cracking relics, so... "crack!"

Also done with the new twin defense mission, at long bloody last. 2 Citrine, both weapons and enough to get one arcane ranked to max on my main, and the same sans one Citrine on the alt. Yep. Another game mode I hope I'll never have to touch ever again.

I have so many relics that I have just given up on getting anywhere with them. I kinda wish there was a way to turn them en masse, even with a reduced probability as I will never be able to get through them.

What do you use an alt for? experience quests again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova-IX said:

What do you use an alt for? experience quests again?

Burnout reduction, replaying and studying content like the New Player Experience, and general alt-oholism.

In most MMORPGs I've played I end up with 12+ characters. Worst case I went through was Star Wars The Old Republic, since it had 8 classes, each with an unique narrative progression, extensive dialogue tree and light/darkness based choices. I think I played through 16 characters, until I gave up and made a couple of burner alts.

I.. ah... I have a problem.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 9:50 PM, Yrkul said:

Carmine red desaturated with a bit of zinc white (Titanium white will turn it more unambiguous pink). Or at least that's what I would use to hit that nuance.

I had my first lessons in colour theory at a very early age. :D

Never done anything involving colour theory so will defer to your expertise, personally I didn't mind the Repsol orange rims.

• Like 1

Repsol orange is kinda fruity (and now I want a couple of oranges. Got a few in the fridge, luckily).

28ea7fe5ecce02f492ad20e40582fdcc

There are a few examples, that are a bit more reddish, but the above example tone seems to be the most widely used.

Interesting! Repsol orange seems to be confined to usage in motor sports, and scale modelling of racing cars & bikes. The tone itself is of course used elsewhere, but name and code I only see in above mentioned contexts.

Edited by Yrkul
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Burnout reduction, replaying and studying content like the New Player Experience, and general alt-oholism.

In most MMORPGs I've played I end up with 12+ characters. Worst case I went through was Star Wars The Old Republic, since it had 8 classes, each with an unique narrative progression, extensive dialogue tree and light/darkness based choices. I think I played through 16 characters, until I gave up and made a couple of burner alts.

I.. ah... I have a problem.

I see. Usually when a game has different classes I make one for each. I would redo if it was to play with someone else that is new, so I can follow along at the same pace as them.

That is a lot of playthroughs, though if it is a good game, it is understandable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova-IX said:

I see. Usually when a game has different classes I make one for each. I would redo if it was to play with someone else that is new, so I can follow along at the same pace as them.

That is a lot of playthroughs, though if it is a good game, it is understandable.

Star Wars got a special place for me. I saw A New Hope when it came out as a child, so I grew up on that franchise. And TOR had some really good stories, that added to the Star Wars universe, so I feel the time and money were well spent.

Favorite quip is still: "I like assassinating assassins. They always look so surprised".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mazifet said:

be like me, dont do them

At some point the Metal Gear Kahl missions will be redundant, and I'll stop doing those. But archon hunts still offer BiS gear, and I'm still too much of a completionist to ignore them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Repsol orange is kinda fruity (and now I want a couple of oranges. Got a few in the fridge, luckily).

Interesting! Repsol orange seems to be confined to usage in motor sports, and scale modelling of racing cars & bikes. The tone itself is of course used elsewhere, but name and code I only see in above mentioned contexts.

Any place that mixes paint should be able to pull a formula up if you want to paint something fruity orange, could have an issue with UV fading but I'm not sure. Repsol has been a Honda GP sponsor for ages so that's probably the demand for scale model paint kits.

54 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

You can see the sheer material loss of working a billet in the heat for so long here pretty well. That wood/multipurpose saw gives me the chills.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, L3512 said:

That wood/multipurpose saw gives me the chills.

Me too. A lot of carpenters/woodworkers tend to miss a finger or more when they retire, though it tend to be bandsaws that de-digitize the unwary. My paternal grandfather lost three fingers on his right hand on a bandsaw, so I have a healthy respect for those.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Star Wars got a special place for me. I saw A New Hope when it came out as a child, so I grew up on that franchise. And TOR had some really good stories, that added to the Star Wars universe, so I feel the time and money were well spent.

Favorite quip is still: "I like assassinating assassins. They always look so surprised".

Star Wars is great, though I am not overly satisfied with that disney have done. Outside of that, there is a lot of story and lore, which I like.

Heh, "no u" moment.

19 hours ago, Yrkul said:

And in a couple of hours... Another Archon hunt and another Kahl mission.

Yep. Getting harder to find the enthusiasm...

I see defence/excavation and I decide that is not worth the time, besides, I don't need shards so they can come in whatever pace. Only waiting for tauforged and then ignoring the rest, so I don't have to feed the "invader".

Playing the misssions with Kahl the first times was nice, until you find out it is find XYZ in slowmotion and no radar or pointer to find it. As soon as I got enough for the weapons, never touched those again. Sometimes I spent an hour searching for that last piece I just couldn't find and never did find.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova-IX said:

Star Wars is great, though I am not overly satisfied with that disney have done. Outside of that, there is a lot of story and lore, which I like.

Yeah. Disney managed to reduce the worth of one of the largest franchises in cinema history to a fraction of what it once was. Rogue One was an interesting addition to the narrative, and The Mandalorian seemed promising up to a point. But everything else, movies, books, merchandise all performs way below expectations. If you only make your products for a small group in your customer base, don't be surprised if your sales plummet.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2023 at 8:00 PM, Yrkul said:

Me too. A lot of carpenters/woodworkers tend to miss a finger or more when they retire, though it tend to be bandsaws that de-digitize the unwary. My paternal grandfather lost three fingers on his right hand on a bandsaw, so I have a healthy respect for those.

Absolutely, I have a scar across my ring finger from a bandsaw in school, nothing major and healed well compared to what a big belt sander inflicted. Overall an inexpensive lesson on tool use.

A bench grinder with a buffing wheel is also something to be wary of. 

7 hours ago, Sporthand said:

I wish I could do like him.

I see the US Marines are looking at replacing Scout Sniper platoons with recon platoons and infantry battalions will now rely on designated marksmen for precision rifle fire. Dumping capability that can act as a force multiplier as well as a tactical enabler for MuH fUTurE BatTLEsPhERe in the idea that a peer to peer would be a somewhat permissive environment for air and electronic assets is somewhat confusing.

Edited by L3512
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Absolutely, I have a scar across my ring finger from a bandsaw in school, nothing major and healed well compared to what a big belt sander inflicted. Overall an inexpensive lesson on tool use.

A bench grinder with a buffing wheel is also something to be wary of. 

I see the US Marines are looking at replacing Scout Sniper platoons with recon platoons and infantry battalions will now rely on designated marksmen for precision rifle fire. Dumping capability that can act as a force multiplier as well as a tactical enabler for MuH fUTurE BatTLEsPhERe in the idea that a peer to peer would be a somewhat permissive environment for air and electronic assets is somewhat confusing.

Ah, yeah! In the future! Possibly! 

• Like 1