Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

8 hours ago, Yrkul said:

The problem with your argument is, that it relies on the fallacy, that any one individual is in possession of the same abilities as any other individual in existence.

The nature of human talent and cognition is so intricate, that an exhaustive, concrete paradigm is still not fully worked out. One widely accepted observation, though, is that humans in general have strengths and weaknesses, talents and areas they struggle with. In the movie, Will Smith's character has drifted towards a career in law enforcement, because that's where his upbringing, life choices and perhaps talents placed him. Had he the appropriate talent, and had he drive, energy and passion to excel in composing or painting, the robot's argument would fall flat on its face, no matter the current level of skill and experience Smith's character possessed at the time of the scene.

And then we have the 'gifted' individual, that just propels their chosen field at a breakneck speed throughout their career, or who produces masterpiece after masterpiece. People like Nikola Tesla, Mozart, Beethoven, Eddie Bravo and Thomas Kluge. And once in a while we get savants, that excel in several fields and combine that understanding for further leaps... or just scatters their attention across 8 fields of study, 12 crafts and 25 hobbies (f*** my brain).

When we study neuroscience, communication theory and epistemology, we see that output does not equal input, sometimes losing coherence and sometimes causing leaps in comprehension ind unexpected directions. The problem I find with a lot of the research is, that it views the human brain as a computer, and any quirks and inconsistencies as malfunctions or faults in the programming. One favorite example of mine is Sam Harris, who has written a lot of useful and high quality material on neuroscience and the nature of belief, yet struggles with defending his belief in determinism, as well as suffering a couple of logics/ethics meltdowns not so long ago. We can observe these anomalies, but from a "brain as a machine" perspective, they don't make sense.

In essense, if the robot's question was asked to anyone in a large enough population, and not just some cop who's combined talent placed him in law enforcement, the answer would for a substantial part be "Yes".

And while we're talking about the "Slapper in Chief", did anyone see Chris Rock's latest special? That... was... BRUTAL! Never slap a comedian. 🤣

• Like 1

ok so

I got a new destreza riven (cc/ic/-punc)

though it would be funny to try a light build on it again to see if it would be good because -puncture

nope

still garbage

like bruh my heavy build without a primer outclasses my light build with a primer

smh just buff light melee already

not only do you have to go out of your way to make lights good (primers, dexterity arcanes, heck even an entire focus school lmao), its still going to be worse than a heavy build

when light melee buff

On 3/9/2023 at 9:13 PM, Sporthand said:

Yeah! After shooting m16a1, I must return it so others can use it.

Can't imagine a reserve M16a1 is the newest bit of kit as well.

On 3/10/2023 at 7:10 AM, Yrkul said:

A little low energy today. Found a new interview with Peter Zeihan, that others might find useful in one capacity or another:

Gotta love the arrogance of Americans, in twenty minutes we have a predicted end to both Russia and China and America as some future utopia. The funniest part is the downfall of Russia and China is touted as an aging population, but this is a problem for most first world countries with migrants from poor countries making up the shortfall.

Analysis of China always seems to falls into two extremes, either they will become the sole global superpower replete with Gundams or they will collapse so hard the Chinese people will go extinct, naturally these monumental predictions are for the next 5-10 years.

5 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

ok so

I got a new destreza riven (cc/ic/-punc)

though it would be funny to try a light build on it again to see if it would be good because -puncture

nope

still garbage

like bruh my heavy build without a primer outclasses my light build with a primer

smh just buff light melee already

not only do you have to go out of your way to make lights good (primers, dexterity arcanes, heck even an entire focus school lmao), its still going to be worse than a heavy build

when light melee buff

Maybe try not the judge the entirety of quick melee while handicapping yourself with a trash-tier riven. 

Edited by L3512
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Can't imagine a reserve M16a1 is the newest bit of kit as well.

It sucks, but we won't use such old relics if a war happens! We might equip the newest rifle from the US. Last time, we blew some claymores and grenades on the mountain. Fun time as I am out of work that day!

Edited by Sporthand
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, L3512 said:

Maybe try not the judge the entirety of quick melee while handicapping yourself with a trash-tier riven. 

well also I was testing other light melees and the heavy builds were still better than the lights, just thought that maybe the -punc and cc could help a light build but it didn't

On 3/13/2023 at 5:07 PM, Sporthand said:

It sucks, but we won't use such old relics if a war happens! We might equip the newest rifle from the US. Last time, we blew some claymores and grenades on the mountain. Fun time as I am out of work that day!

Hopefully where ever you are it doesn't come to that, certainly sounds like you had a fun day off work.

13 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

well also I was testing other light melees and the heavy builds were still better than the lights, just thought that maybe the -punc and cc could help a light build but it didn't

Well yeah because you are giving up way too much to still get less than 40% slash weighting on a weapon that has 20% status chance, not to put too fine a point on it but your riven is most likely a negative total multiplier, as in you would benefit more by leaving a blank mod slot.

Vulpine Mask has enough forced slash procs to make it work but the hit boxes are very narrow. Really depends on what content you are doing for light verse heavy melee though sustaining a combo counter is generally build and playstyle centred so it's hard to argue against a corrupt charge build. Basically why I mostly use Glaive P now as 100% of the melee damage is on hand for no costs.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, L3512 said:

Vulpine Mask has enough forced slash procs to make it work

bruh theres like 3 of them and none of them are at the start of the combo

the hit boxes are very narrow

turn off attacks align to camera in settings and you can use the movement keys to rotate, especially fun to use with heavy attacks

Really depends on what content you are doing

general content like fissures, sp incursions and stuff like that