Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

3 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

bruh theres like 3 of them and none of them are at the start of the combo

Neutral combo second hit is 300% forced slash, you can either just chain that part of the combo or buff attack speed and spam E to RSI inducing levels. There are of course much better slash heavy light attack options but Destreza P is a really nice weapon.

turn off attacks align to camera in settings and you can use the movement keys to rotate, especially fun to use with heavy attacks

Something I will experiment with heavy attacks, I feel light attack spam would be quite nauseous if one were to try this.

general content like fissures, sp incursions and stuff like that

In Warframe, when pure damage starts to lag with TTK we move onto procs like slash, even an hour of SP survival can be done comfortably with pure damage and faction elementals like corrosive. For missions like incursion you can probably increase your TTK by using endurance builds instead of raw damage as waiting for a slash proc takes longer than just melee spam. This is the reason for that disgusting Nikana P build on overframe, which at one point was viral heat but the dude changes it semi often so is now a weird hybrid build.

Even basics like using CO without a primer can be a dps loss over PPP, it's why sharing builds on something like Q&A chat without the use and thought process behind the build pretty pointless but OTOH, who wants to type out such a spiel.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Neutral combo second hit is 300% forced slash, you can either just chain that part of the combo or buff attack speed and spam E to RSI inducing levels

that 450% on the heavy is pretty juicy though ngl

There are of course much better slash heavy light attack options

yeah I know, reason why I tried a light build in the first place is because I've seen people using a light build on it and it doing actually decent damage, so I thought I would try one. obviously couldn't do it with my last riven because it had -combo duration, but my new one has -puncture, so I thought it might work on a slash build that doesn't rely on the forced procs.

Destreza P is a really nice weapon

agreed, its my strongest melee and I'm 99% sure its impossible that there's a better melee. those 100k slash procs are just insane, even sp shadow stalker couldn't last a mere five seconds to them lol

Something I will experiment with heavy attacks, I feel light attack spam would be quite nauseous if one were to try this

for most light attacks its really just something to mess around with when you get bored, it the most useful for certain things like rapier heavy attack or just looking cool while you melee things

In Warframe, when pure damage starts to lag with TTK we move onto procs like slash, even an hour of SP survival can be done comfortably with pure damage and faction elementals like corrosive. For missions like incursion you can probably increase your TTK by using endurance builds instead of raw damage as waiting for a slash proc takes longer than just melee spam. This is the reason for that disgusting Nikana P build on overframe, which at one point was viral heat but the dude changes it semi often so is now a weird hybrid build.

yeah I usually tend to build for raw damage, but there are some exceptions like my soma prime or my convectrix, but I have noticed that on melees the only builds that really work for higher levels are slash builds, probably because getting headshots with melees are most often significantly harder than with guns.

Edited by gamingchair1121
why does it put a random extra space that I never put there
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 1:59 PM, gamingchair1121 said:

yeah I know, reason why I tried a light build in the first place is because I've seen people using a light build on it and it doing actually decent damage, so I thought I would try one. obviously couldn't do it with my last riven because it had -combo duration, but my new one has -puncture, so I thought it might work on a slash build that doesn't rely on the forced procs.

You can counter that with dex arcanes and Naramon, I have a pretty good Gunsen riven with -combo duration that I once took into SP survival and forgot about, needless to say a combo build that can't build combo is pretty useless.

agreed, its my strongest melee and I'm 99% sure its impossible that there's a better melee. those 100k slash procs are just insane, even sp shadow stalker couldn't last a mere five seconds to them lol

Pretty sure without a riven Kripath might slightly exceed Destreza P with higher base damage making up for the 2.2 vs 3 CD, not like plague Kripath is much more accessible though and Destreza has great Dispo for it's stats.

yeah I usually tend to build for raw damage, but there are some exceptions like my soma prime or my convectrix, but I have noticed that on melees the only builds that really work for higher levels are slash builds, probably because getting headshots with melees are most often significantly harder than with guns.

I'm liking Citrine for this as the flat 300% CC is great for melee because the crystals are big and easier to hit while missing out on the headshot multiplier is bad for overall damage on guns with decent CC despite red crits.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 7:40 AM, L3512 said:

Gotta love the arrogance of Americans, in twenty minutes we have a predicted end to both Russia and China and America as some future utopia. The funniest part is the downfall of Russia and China is touted as an aging population, but this is a problem for most first world countries with migrants from poor countries making up the shortfall.

Analysis of China always seems to falls into two extremes, either they will become the sole global superpower replete with Gundams or they will collapse so hard the Chinese people will go extinct, naturally these monumental predictions are for the next 5-10 years.

When working with geopolitical/demographic models, one thing to keep in mind is, that they are built on a large amount of variables. Same goes for climate change models, and we see plenty of argumentation building on the imminent/absent disappearance of the majority of the world's land masses. However, in this case we have some relative concrete data to tack to a best-case scenario.

As you pointed out, the western world has a population maintainance problem in general, to a certain point off-set by migration. For the two nations in question, certain factors exacerbates the problem.

• For Russia, their economic and socio-cultural nihilism isn't really the best foundation to start a family on. Add to that, the state's standard way of solving a problem is to bury it under a pile of corpses. Just look at the different flashpoints around the russian spere of interest, with Ukraine being the latest meat grinder. Last mobilization removed about 500K from the economy/population pool through several vectors, and a second mobilization just started. If you look at the demographic composition of Russia, the older to younger ratio is much more pronounced than for other industrialized countries. This foreshadowing gets exacerbated even further by the indication, that the numbers are getting manipulated to make the prognosis less dire and detrimental to both political and economic negotiations.
  • As for China, their situation is even worse. Their economy has for a long time been overinflated, and held together with rice paper and epoxy glue of dubious manufacture. One touted AI project turned up to be a thai woman with a microphone, and most chinese middleclass savings is tied up in real-estate in the form of ghost cities that start to crumble five years after their construction "finished". As for demographics, they're even worse off than Russia. First off, the one child policy was a disaster, and its deployment is obvious in any demographic analysis. That in itself is catastrophic, but pair that with a cultural preference for male offspring, and you'll see a skewing in gender distribution, as female chidren were aborted, making the problem even worse. At least the russians can try and make up for all the compost sent to Ukraine, if enough women became very productive while still willing to do that as single mothers. But the chinese don't even have that surplus. They'll have to up the slave trade from countries like NK to even hope for a normal gender distribution, let alone a birth rate that can repair the damage. And these speculations are using the numbers China is handing over, and since the CCP is known to doctor any data that will make them look bad, the problem is most likely much, much worse.

china_demography_2025.jpg?itok=NUh-c1vY

Furthermore, neither has much of an option adding immigrants to their population. Unless living in or around the major cities, life in Russia is a lot harder and to lower standards than, say, EU. And the CCP regime is notoriously racist. So immigrants and asylum seekers naturally don't seek these countries. That leaves more "proactive" methods, like kidnapping the population in occupied areas of Ukraine, or the "bride trafficing" seen in neighboring countries to China.

So Zeihan's guess is not unfounded. Whether it will hold depends on how bad people are lying, and what will be done about the problem. This has nothing to do with arrogance. This is all about the data, and the contextual knowledge to understand why things turn up the way they do.

------------------------------------

Still a little worn out, so fewer baby hippopotami and platypuses than I would like to fill this thread with. Compensating...

baby-platypuses-Healesville-Sanctuary-Au

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Yrkul said:

So Zeihan's guess is not unfounded. Whether it will hold depends on how bad people are lying, and what will be done about the problem. This has nothing to do with arrogance. This is all about the data, and the contextual knowledge to understand why things turn up the way they do.

To start with your last part first.

Yes I would say it is certainly not unfounded and yes I agree with a lot of what he said as well. However it is simply another analysis on a very complex situation, you can find dozens of smart and experienced people giving polar opposite predictions on these issues. I find Americans tend towards arrogance (good reason to, their military is still head and shoulder above everyone else) when talking about the strengths of America in it's current situation.

His idea on a civil war was way off base, as this has always been viewed as balkanisation rather than a bizarre north vs south rematch.

The idea that with the latest election we will see a raise of the moderates was also odd as people voting against someone they don't like (Trump) once, does not mean they are any more likely to engage with the political system, let alone shape it.

Not sure what will happen next year with the American election though I will say Trump will be the centre point of it and it is far more likely to be divisive rather than unifying. WWe will undoubtedly hear about election fraud again.

14 hours ago, Yrkul said:

For Russia, their economic and socio-cultural nihilism isn't really the best foundation to start a family on. Add to that, the state's standard way of solving a problem is to bury it under a pile of corpses. Just look at the different flashpoints around the russian spere of interest, with Ukraine being the latest meat grinder. Last mobilization removed about 500K from the economy/population pool through several vectors, and a second mobilization just started. If you look at the demographic composition of Russia, the older to younger ratio is much more pronounced than for other industrialized countries. This foreshadowing gets exacerbated even further by the indication, that the numbers are getting manipulated to make the prognosis less dire and detrimental to both political and economic negotiations.

I would partially disagree with this as the Russian population is quite similar to a lot of European countries, provided that numbers are somewhat accurate. Of course most European countries haven't decided to get a vast amount of their soldiers killed and accept migrants so are in a better situation. As for the "economic and socio-cultural nihilism" though that is also a factor effecting the west as high cost of living and climate change doom and gloom has or will effect the birth rates.

15 hours ago, Yrkul said:

As for China, their situation is even worse. Their economy has for a long time been overinflated, and held together with rice paper and epoxy glue of dubious manufacture. One touted AI project turned up to be a thai woman with a microphone, and most chinese middleclass savings is tied up in real-estate in the form of ghost cities that start to crumble five years after their construction "finished". As for demographics, they're even worse off than Russia. First off, the one child policy was a disaster, and its deployment is obvious in any demographic analysis. That in itself is catastrophic, but pair that with a cultural preference for male offspring, and you'll see a skewing in gender distribution, as female chidren were aborted, making the problem even worse. At least the russians can try and make up for all the compost sent to Ukraine, if enough women became very productive while still willing to do that as single mothers. But the chinese don't even have that surplus. They'll have to up the slave trade from countries like NK to even hope for a normal gender distribution, let alone a birth rate that can repair the damage. And these speculations are using the numbers China is handing over, and since the CCP is known to doctor any data that will make them look bad, the problem is most likely much, much worse.

The main issue I have with all of this, and I agree with it, is that none of that is a detriment for invading Taiwan/kicking of WW3. What you have pointed out is that there is tens of millions of Chinese men of fighting age that will never have a wife or a family, might as well pump up the patriotism and sacrifice them for the greater good. Even if America beats china in a local conflict around Taiwan, blockades sea lanes and causes tens of millions of people to starve to death, that simply gives China casus belli for WW3 once they rearm and give birth to the next generation, the children of the WW1 generation made up the bulk of the troops in WW2.

15 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Still a little worn out, so fewer baby hippopotami and platypuses than I would like to fill this thread with. Compensating...

Certainly a little heavy conversation for this thread, attempting to find something cool and more on track.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, L3512 said:

Certainly a little heavy conversation for this thread, attempting to find something cool and more on track.

I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome, due to a number of ailments, and it got worse after my second Pfizer dose. I have periods, where things are more managable, and at other times everything is very draining.

In any case, thanks for your reply. It is important, that we can air our disagreements in a civil manner, possibly even learn from it, or at least feel the necessity to look further into the matter discussed.

Now, about AI...

Well. Maybe later. 😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, L3512 said:

To start with your last part first.

Yes I would say it is certainly not unfounded and yes I agree with a lot of what he said as well. However it is simply another analysis on a very complex situation, you can find dozens of smart and experienced people giving polar opposite predictions on these issues. I find Americans tend towards arrogance (good reason to, their military is still head and shoulder above everyone else) when talking about the strengths of America in it's current situation.

His idea on a civil war was way off base, as this has always been viewed as balkanisation rather than a bizarre north vs south rematch.

The idea that with the latest election we will see a raise of the moderates was also odd as people voting against someone they don't like (Trump) once, does not mean they are any more likely to engage with the political system, let alone shape it.

Not sure what will happen next year with the American election though I will say Trump will be the centre point of it and it is far more likely to be divisive rather than unifying. WWe will undoubtedly hear about election fraud again.

I would partially disagree with this as the Russian population is quite similar to a lot of European countries, provided that numbers are somewhat accurate. Of course most European countries haven't decided to get a vast amount of their soldiers killed and accept migrants so are in a better situation. As for the "economic and socio-cultural nihilism" though that is also a factor effecting the west as high cost of living and climate change doom and gloom has or will effect the birth rates.

The main issue I have with all of this, and I agree with it, is that none of that is a detriment for invading Taiwan/kicking of WW3. What you have pointed out is that there is tens of millions of Chinese men of fighting age that will never have a wife or a family, might as well pump up the patriotism and sacrifice them for the greater good. Even if America beats china in a local conflict around Taiwan, blockades sea lanes and causes tens of millions of people to starve to death, that simply gives China casus belli for WW3 once they rearm and give birth to the next generation, the children of the WW1 generation made up the bulk of the troops in WW2.

Care to explain these videos?

11 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Wow, that...sparks a lot of responses in me.

Will it make you feel better, if I were to tell you, that they think they can use men as well, by grafting the fetus on to the liver of the "donor"?

Somehow I don't feel we're in a good place regarding ethics malleability at this point.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sporthand said:

You might want to specify to which part of a discussion primarily revolving around demographics, those videos are relevant.

China has been selling everything from airsoft armour and helmets, to rockets and AK "hunting rifles" through third parties and other underhanded means. A lot of those drones are civillian hobby drones jury-rigged for different combat roles, and probably bought well before the war. Even the "home-built" Orlan is put together using foreign parts.

Sadly, this is one reason why sanctions are put in place, and the russian people are denied access to something as innocuous as a camera or electronic toys, as these can be cannibalized for weapon parts.

Was that what you were asking about?

• Like 2

On 3/19/2023 at 3:12 PM, Yrkul said:

I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome, due to a number of ailments, and it got worse after my second Pfizer dose. I have periods, where things are more managable, and at other times everything is very draining.

In any case, thanks for your reply. It is important, that we can air our disagreements in a civil manner, possibly even learn from it, or at least feel the necessity to look further into the matter discussed.

Now, about AI...

Well. Maybe later. 😁

Sorry to hear that, CFS certainly doesn't sound like a good time.

Yeah it's subject I find interesting due to the sheer amount of factors involved. Due to the complexity, discussion and questioning our own conclusions is important as there is always new information out there.

In keeping in the spirit of this thread.

tumblr_b1ed17447f0548d4457440f454e5ffb1_

Also if you have a few hours to kill and want to watch some GP, these were some fantastic races.

20 hours ago, Sporthand said:

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you want me to explain? Companies will sell products if they can and the Chinese government hasn't made any secrets out of supporting Russia.

The only thing of interest here is the potential relationship dynamics between Russia and China changing as the Ukrainian war drags on and Russia looks to be in a weaker position than they portrayed.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Sorry to hear that, CFS certainly doesn't sound like a good time.

Pair that with chronic joint pains in most of my body as well as ADHD, and you have the main reason why I was retired not long ago. But at least I'm the kind of person, that never runs out of things to do. Even if it is just listening to audio books, podcasts and lectures during down periods.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Will it make you feel better, if I were to tell you, that they think they can use men as well, by grafting the fetus on to the liver of the "donor"?

Somehow I don't feel we're in a good place regarding ethics malleability at this point.

Part of me is utterly fascinated at this news.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I've been looking for more information but the hepatic pregnancies I'm finding isn't about this, coukd I get a link?

The liver grafting was mentioned in one of the articles I looked up, when first looking into it. Unfortunately, I can't find it anymore, and I suspect due to backlash from one party or another. Other articles mention the use of males fleetingly, without going into detail.

So I went to the source, and it is a bit more grisly than I first thought. In the section "Feminist concerns and male pregnancy":

"In 1999, Robert Winston told reporters that there were no intrinsic medical problems with initiating a male pregnancy: the danger would be in the delivery. We already know that pregnancies can come to term outside the uterus [31]. The liver is a promising implantation site, because of its excellent blood supply. However, as Winston noted, this could be risky – even fatal - for the person carrying the pregnancy. But for brain-dead donors, the concept ‘fatal’ is meaningless: the gestator is already dead. Thus, even if the liver is damaged beyond repair after the gestation, this would not pose a problem except insofar as it might mean that male gestators could carry only one pregnancy, rather than many consecutive ones."

Still only in the hypothesis stage as far as I can see. But you never know what's being done in... certain countries starting with "C".

One thing that is really starting to irk me, is the practice of stealth editing, dead-linking and general sloppiness in information handling, that gets more and more prevalent. By now I'm making backup copies of any sources I think are important enough for my research. Too often do I find sources gone from articles I use, as well as from my own work.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

is this good for a first pt solo

About average I'd guess, the 12 syndicate medallions found is impressive though.

1 minute ago, Mazifet said:

I mean, if you used limbo yeah

but like 

chroma

2x creds

dmg

survivability

why limbo

With Helminth, Chroma is a bad option for PT unless you are going for the extra credits.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

I mean, if you used limbo yeah

but like 

chroma

2x creds

dmg

survivability

why limbo

because limbo

more actual answer, amesha 1 makes me invulnerable, rift gives invulnerability to pull out archgun so I don't die, velocitus one shots limbs, but most importantly, because limbo

15 minutes ago, L3512 said:

About average I'd guess, the 12 syndicate medallions found is impressive though.

yeah idk what happened there lol

15 minutes ago, L3512 said:

With Helminth, Chroma is a bad option for PT unless you are going for the extra credits.

wait really? who's better?

Edited by gamingchair1121
  • Like 1