Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

Just got through Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy, since I've often heard people mention that work with deference. Well... One man's treasure is another man's trash. But I guess that's the case with a lot of things.

• Like 1

Came across this little gem. There are some really good tips for any miniature modelling/painting projects. I was especially intrigued by the armour surface texture method, as well as the Isopropyl alcohol/PVA glue to fixate materials. The mech itself also has a bit of a grineer feel to it.

• Like 1

GD is burning with toxicity. The stench is almost as bad as the fish market at midday, at summer, after a sighly rain.

I say "almost" because, unlike the fish market, you can keep your distance.

I'm not certain how some of those people can just keep running on spite alone.

Edited by Kaotyke
  • Like 3

How could one guess, that leaving so many things unfinished, and using a lot of time and a lot of resources to create a new expansion removed, both mechanically and narratively, from the game that so many people stick around for, would generate that much chagrin? It is as if they hadn't done the same to a lesser degree with TNW, and saw how their player base reacted to it.

But if DE wants to take a dump in their own bed, one shouldn't be surprised if the sheets will smell like sh*t.

And I still haven't bothered setting foot in Duviri yet.

Edited by Yrkul
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

How could one guess, that leaving so many things unfinished, and using a lot of time and a lot of resources to create a new expansion removed, both mechanically and narratively, from the game that so many people stick around for, would generate that much chagrin? It is as if they hadn't done the same to a lesser degree with TNW, and saw how their player base reacted to it.

But if DE wants to take a dump in their own bed, one shouldn't be surprised if the sheets will smell like sh*t.

I "love" how they said they wanted to reduce content islands, but end up making more they have to fix down the line (if ever).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova-IX said:

I "love" how they said they wanted to reduce content islands, but end up making more they have to fix down the line (if ever).

DE have never been known for consistency, except their constant use of consistency as an excuse for questionable design decisions.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Yrkul said:

I don't want to sound rude, but it's kinda hard to form an opinion on Duviri when you haven't even tried it. The same goes for a lot of the folk down in GD, many of them have admitted to not even finishing the quest.

I have played a ton of Duviri and Circuit, and I find them both very fun. The worst bugs ive experienced is a defense target not spawning causing me to loose ~15-20 mins of progress, and having to quit a mission because the orowrym bossfight got bugged. Other than that, everything has been an absolute blast.

Duviri is fun, and gets really wacky once you max intrinsics. The world is beautiful, both the landscapes and geography. It's populated pretty well with numerous side activities and enemies roaming around, along with citizens talking to each other and themselves. The quest itself is great and has a cool story, along with the fact it lasts a while unlike Angels of The Zariman.

As for the Circuit, specifically Steel Path is super good. Experimenting with warframes and weapons you wouldn't normally use is quite fun, and while it is a decent gear check unless you plan to go solo for an hour+ you'll be fine with most equipment as long as you keep it maintained. It also scales quite fast, reaching level 1400 in an hour (the highest i've ever gotten, thankfully I don't suck at modding lol).

I would really recommend giving Duviri a try, it's not for everyone but it should hopefully be fun for you.

• Like 3

I like how everyone's still going crazy over the braton when its really just a weaker laetum lmao

anyway here's incarnons this week

furis

Spoiler

latron

Spoiler

strun

Spoiler

I would assume that furax and bo won't have any significant changes just as skana didn't last week

I'm probably going to pick furis because big laser pistol is funny, and bo because funny, though might switch bo for latron idk yet, def picking furis th

edit: new furis video thing is busted

Edited by gamingchair1121
furis 100%
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mazifet said:

reaching level 1400 in an hour (the highest i've ever gotten, thankfully I don't suck at modding lol).

2000 at round 11 and 2500 at round 12 which took about an hour.

The only viable weapon I had was a DE modded Edun which, due to decrees, was spanking SP like it was starchart. Something is funny about this SP IMO as the enemies weren't hitting super hard and even though I was running a health tanking Citrine that can only go so far.

Two thoughts, frames like Mesa and Saryn can be super charged by decrees to an absurd level and on a run where I got my fully modded Gunsen with a great riven and also my Epitaph primer, TTK was pretty much instant but so are random melees that were modded by DE because the decrees are just so busted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

how people can endure that much in the circuit SP with defenses in between? Or are people playing in squads?

Squads and luck, even then there is too much trash with overguard to hard CC even if you get a frame that can and you can't rely on basic tactics like Rad procs because there is no guarantee you will get something to rad paint in your loadout.

So the traditional WF idea of killing everything on sight before it can cause mischief is in order, even then if a thrax unit starts it's ghost attack lazer beam thing it's mission over.

You can also count the rounds, if you get a defence first than it will be on round six and eleven, defence on round five will be five and ten so you could push through to fourteen before getting into really risky one shot territory.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Squads and luck, even then there is too much trash with overguard to hard CC even if you get a frame that can and you can't rely on basic tactics like Rad procs because there is no guarantee you will get something to rad paint in your loadout.

So the traditional WF idea of killing everything on sight before it can cause mischief is in order, even then if a thrax unit starts it's ghost attack lazer beam thing it's mission over.

You can also count the rounds, if you get a defence first than it will be on round six and eleven, defence on round five will be five and ten so you could push through to fourteen before getting into really risky one shot territory.

If I had better internet I'll sure jump with squads, but I just go on solo and I extract when I see a defense unless I have Frost (I don't trust gara and limbo doesn't stop overgaurd IIRC).

Well, someday I'll experience those high levels :')

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

If I had better internet I'll sure jump with squads, but I just go on solo and I extract when I see a defense unless I have Frost (I don't trust gara and limbo doesn't stop overgaurd IIRC).

Well, someday I'll experience those high levels :')

Yeah It's been a pretty fun time in public matchmaking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mazifet said:

I don't want to sound rude, but it's kinda hard to form an opinion on Duviri when you haven't even tried it. The same goes for a lot of the folk down in GD, many of them have admitted to not even finishing the quest.

I have played a ton of Duviri and Circuit, and I find them both very fun. The worst bugs ive experienced is a defense target not spawning causing me to loose ~15-20 mins of progress, and having to quit a mission because the orowrym bossfight got bugged. Other than that, everything has been an absolute blast.

Duviri is fun, and gets really wacky once you max intrinsics. The world is beautiful, both the landscapes and geography. It's populated pretty well with numerous side activities and enemies roaming around, along with citizens talking to each other and themselves. The quest itself is great and has a cool story, along with the fact it lasts a while unlike Angels of The Zariman.

As for the Circuit, specifically Steel Path is super good. Experimenting with warframes and weapons you wouldn't normally use is quite fun, and while it is a decent gear check unless you plan to go solo for an hour+ you'll be fine with most equipment as long as you keep it maintained. It also scales quite fast, reaching level 1400 in an hour (the highest i've ever gotten, thankfully I don't suck at modding lol).

I would really recommend giving Duviri a try, it's not for everyone but it should hopefully be fun for you.

Try reading my reasoning for not playing it up till now.

The expansion is less than a week old, and I'm too old to waste time wading through bug-riddled, badly tuned garbage. Perhaps you are young enough to feel you have plenty of time to squander. Me... Less so. I'm also doing other things, like reading, tidying things up where I live, research, train, and a whole lot of other things. I'll get around to it eventually, but past experience with WF expansion roll-outs, as well as its current reception is a good indicator, that waiting a week or more might not be such a bad idea.

In the meantime, please spare me the sales talk.

It is times like this, that I REALLY miss Totalbiscuit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Yrkul said:

The expansion is less than a week old, and I'm too old to waste time wading through bug-riddled, badly tuned garbage. Perhaps you are young enough to feel you have plenty of time to squander. Me... Less so. I'm also doing other things, like reading, tidying things up where I live, research, train, and a whole lot of other things. I'll get around to it eventually, but past experience with WF expansion roll-outs, as well as its current reception is a good indicator, that waiting a week or more might not be such a bad idea.

It's always good to wait a week or two before attempting new content with DE.  Fewer bugs, improved farming & adjusted amounts or grinding always happens a couple weeks after release.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

It's always good to wait a week or two before attempting new content with DE.  Fewer bugs, improved farming & adjusted amounts or grinding always happens a couple weeks after release.

Yeah. But some people just keep guzzling the koolaid, signalling to developers that shoving products out the door unfinished is acceptable. Totalbiscuit was very vocal about that business behaviour, but I guess people just forgot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Yeah. But some people just keep guzzling the koolaid, signalling to developers that shoving products out the door unfinished is acceptable. Totalbiscuit was very vocal about that business behaviour, but I guess people just forgot.

No, plenty of people remember.  Its just not everyone has the same standards on the subject.

Id happily pay q subscription or something if it meant the updates were complete and bug free but that sentiment gets others in one hell of a tizzy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Like getting constant stuttering every few seconds for no apparent reason. First it seemed that reducing my settings made it go away, but it is still there and won't stop, super annoying.

• Like 1