Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Vangeroth

Players killing other players in the Index? How?

Question

So I was just in a Index run and was taking damage at our own goal. No enemies were around at all yet I was taking damage. Then I saw another player shooting at me and I am wondering how they were able to cause damage to me in a PvE mode. How is this possible?

I thought that you couldn't be hurt by other players in this mode. I even died from their damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
3 minutes ago, MrMythic said:

One of the enemies can take the appearance of a player including the name above their head.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Jen_Dro

No. Their movement wasn't that of a AI. They were standing entirely still save for rotating around like a player was waiting for a AI to come to goal to kill them.

In fact they also had a player tag over their head. It's also how I know it wasn't a AI.

8 minutes ago, Marswipp said:

They have a self-inflicted radiation proc, maybe?

No. They were shooting me with a gun, looks Corpus ascetic wise.

 

Really wish that Warframe had some sort of reply feature....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Said broker linked wields dual cestra, which is a corpus secondary.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 minutes ago, Marswipp said:

Said broker linked wields dual cestra, which is a corpus secondary.

I am not sure I understand what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
Quote

Jen Dro is one of the many Brokers that the player encounters while participating in The Index. She is armed with the Dual Cestras and has the unique ability of disguising herself as a player.

First paragraph on the page linked by MrMythic.

 

Edit: I usually find this particular broker attacking me disguised as the warframe I take into the mission.

Edited by Marswipp
Details
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, Vangeroth said:

I am not sure I understand what you mean.

Jen Dro can disguise herself as other players on your team, including yourself. Name and everything, except the weapons. 

You can usually tell it’s her since she’ll be shooting at you with her rapid-fire dual Corpus laser pistols: the Dual Cestra.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, FrostPrime said:

Jen Dro can disguise herself as other players on your team, including yourself. Name and everything, except the weapons. 

You can usually tell it’s her since she’ll be shooting at you with her rapid-fire dual Corpus laser pistols: the Dual Cestra.

So does the kill list show the player killing the other player then? Or show her name killing the player?

Because this is why I wish I had a reply option. Because I am near 100% sure I saw the game showing the the player in question killed me, not the AI player. And again, there was a name tag over their head that matched a player on my team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Vangeroth said:

So does the kill list show the player killing the other player then? Or show her name killing the player?

Should say Jen Dro killed you in the kill feed if I recall right. Her Mimic ability just changes her looks and the name above her hp bar.

EDIT: I’d like to state that pretty much nobody normally uses the Dual Cestra in the Index aside from the AI. It’s that bad of a weapon. So if the weapon matches the description of what killed you then I’m 100% certain you were killed by Jen Dro.

Edited by FrostPrime
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, FrostPrime said:

Should say Jen Dro killed you in the kill feed if I recall right. Her Mimic ability just changes her looks and the name above her hp bar.

I don't think the kill feed showed her name, but because the game offers no reply ability, I have no way to double check or prove it.

Are there tools of some sort that can be used in place of a official DE reply option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
52 minutes ago, Marswipp said:

They have a self-inflicted radiation proc, maybe?

You can not proc Gas or Radiation on yourself...

They did this to prevent Griefing...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Vangeroth said:

I don't think the kill feed showed her name, but because the game offers no reply ability, I have no way to double check or prove it.

Are there tools of some sort that can be used in place of a official DE reply option?

Ah, you mean replay. Aside from recording your gameplay/taking screenshots yourself, the only way to check would be to look at your EE.log file (located at %localappdata%\Warframe\EE.log) assuming you haven’t relaunched Warframe since the incident. 

The EE.log file should have a record of every death in that play session, but it resets with every new launch of Warframe.

Edited by FrostPrime
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, FrostPrime said:

Ah, you mean replay. Aside from recording your gameplay/taking screenshots yourself, the only way to check would be to look at your EE.log file (located at %localappdata%\Warframe\EE.log) assuming you haven’t relaunched Warframe since the incident. 

The EE.log file should have a record of every death in that play session, but it resets with every new launch of Warframe.

I haven't actually logged out since this happened. So I guess I should ask them, where is this file located? And does it record is live, or upon closing the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 minutes ago, Vangeroth said:

I haven't actually logged out since this happened. So I guess I should ask them, where is this file located? And does it record is live, or upon closing the game?

C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Local\Warframe\ or something along those lines for Windows. Might have to make sure you can view hidden files and folders in the preferences first. 

Dunno how it works, if I had to guess I’d imagine the game writes to the file as events occur.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, FrostPrime said:

C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Local\Warframe\ or something along those lines for Windows. Might have to make sure you can view hidden files and folders in the preferences first. 

Dunno how it works, if I had to guess I’d imagine the game writes to the file as events occur.

I'll give the file a look then. Thank you for the help. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Search for "killed" or "downed" in EE.log.

It looks like this:

1869.010 Game [Info]: SMEETA KAVAT was killed by 110 / 152 damage from a level 68 MOA using a Rifle

1917.382 Game [Info]: HELIOS was downed by 765 / 764 damage from a level 70 SNIPER CREWMAN using a SniperRifle

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...