Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please lower the Bullet Jump requirement for Nightwave

AJman14

I know this thread isn't exactly serious but out of curiosity, I ran into a mission to see how long it would take to do this by repeatedly bullet jumping into an area that lets you just spam it like that gif

the answer: less than a minute (yes the video is 1:04, but it doesn't kick in immediately, and there's a few seconds recorded after the challenge completes so. less than a minute)

Edited by Soup2504
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, SnowWarFr said:

The trouble some people are thinking of post likes these is that they don't understand how 150 bullet jumps is an issue. They think the complainers are lazy.

Can you really blame us?

Nightwave already has a pretty low threshold for difficulty and completion and given how long it takes to do 150 bullet jumps, it's hard to take these complaints seriously. 

Sure, as a Mag player I do a lot more jumping around to get benefit from her passive but, still, it's a faster method of travel and anyone trying for hidden rooms or accidentally fall down somewhere is going to easily achieve this. 

3 hours ago, AJman14 said:

The problem I have with it is that it's tedious if it's not natural for a player. I naturally bullet jump a lot, but even I have to spam it toward the end of the 3-day mark, so I don't miss the daily. 150 is a LOT of bullet jumps. 1 every 4 seconds would take 10 minutes of just bullet-jumping!

I'm on the verge of burning out again, and I don't want the piddly things to feel off-putting. If it was 50, that'd be a great amount for any player in 1 day.

You can easily do 20-30 bullet jumps in a single mission getting from A to B, so even conservatively it's 5-8 missions for it to complete with no extra effort, 3 days tells me you must be joking.  If you're not bullet jumping how much extra time are you spending just pressing forward and/or run on your keyboard/controller?  A tedious amount I'm sure.  Maybe DE should make a challenge to take 150 steps for the anti-bullet jumpers...

• Like 1

150 is such an arbitrary number though. Why not 100? Both would be equally as easy to complete and if players want to farm them in a single mission why prolong their effort? Or does DE really think making it 150 will discourage players from spamming them in a single mission compared to a smaller value? Let's be honest, DE simply copied the 'kill 150 enemies with X element' value so reducing it would have just make it less tedious.

On 2019-07-13 at 3:13 PM, Aldrr said:

Okay you're like.... laser focusing on it. Just run a couple missions as normal, and I'm sure you accumulate enough bullet jumps to clear it as you get around.

I play everyday 3-4h a day and I have never competed this challange. I never tried to really I just play normaly and usually end up with 20-30 bullets jumps at the end of the challange. Its a matter of playstyle and as you see I bullet jump very rarely. And thats ok. You shouldnt be able to complete every task automaticaly. Just saying that not everybody plays the same way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

150 is such an arbitrary number though. Why not 100? Both would be equally as easy to complete and if players want to farm them in a single mission why prolong their effort? Or does DE really think making it 150 will discourage players from spamming them in a single mission compared to a smaller value? Let's be honest, DE simply copied the 'kill 150 enemies with X element' value so reducing it would have just make it less tedious.

You're right, 150 is not round enough! How about 500? That's a nicely round number! And 150 is not enough!!

x9dUvCuh.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kaikoo2 said:

Have you guys never heard of rolling? I use rolling all the time for speed and that is why I have trouble completing this challenge. It's not a big deal though, it's only a 1000 points.

Rolling is underrated! I've been playing Warframe for years not knowing that, among other advantages, incoming damage gets reduced by 75% while the rolling animation plays. I bet most people do not know this.

41 minutes ago, kaikoo2 said:

Have you guys never heard of rolling? I use rolling all the time for speed and that is why I have trouble completing this challenge. It's not a big deal though, it's only a 1000 points.

Sure. My favourite frame is Ivara. I know all about rolling to go faster.

I just don't play Ivara all the time. If I did, my recent fissure run at Narcissus would have taken, like, 10 minutes or something. Instead, I went in with my usual Mirage and her Astilla and bullet jumped around like a coked-up springbok. It took me 2 minutes 20 seconds.

Variety, as they say, is the spice of life.

Edited by KnossosTNC

5 hours ago, kaikoo2 said:

Have you guys never heard of rolling?

Yes. It's that thing I do immediately after a bullet and double jump.

Bullet jump > double jump for increased vertical height and longer air time whilst you have bullet jump momentum > roll for increased momentum > repeat after landing.

Throw in slides for added distance.

Edited by DeMonkey

7 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

You're right, 150 is not round enough! How about 500? That's a nicely round number! And 150 is not enough!!

x9dUvCuh.jpg

That's the point though as increasing it to 250 or 500 does nothing to make it more challenging, it just makes it more tedious. 150 is similarly arbitrary and as another poster noted if you bullet jump once every 4 seconds it would take 10 minutes to complete.

I agree that reducing the amount of bullet jumps required is a very minor quality of life change but compared to killing 150 enemies it feels very mundane. Reducing it to 100 would require minimal effort and help to avoid the tedium of completing it.

8 hours ago, kaikoo2 said:

Rolling is great for speed, and the damage reduction as the other guy said.  Rolling mid-air after a bullet jump gives even more speed such that you get the wind whooshing noise, very satisfying when moving through levels.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

With how attached DE is to their player metrics, I wonder if the 150 numbers come from tracking and averaging out how often players Bullet Jump, kills, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

With how attached DE is to their player metrics, I wonder if the 150 numbers come from tracking and averaging out how often players Bullet Jump, kills, etc.

I think you are giving them far too much credit. My best guess is that they copied the required kill values for the daily challenges.

The thing is that 100 is just as arbitrary but daily challenges are are about giving the player something to do, like open 20 lockers, hack 8 consoles (this still seems high although a solo spy takes care of it), use a glyph, etc. Even so 100 seems far more convenient for just running a few missions.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

7 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Yes. It's that thing I do immediately after a bullet and double jump.

Bullet jump > double jump for increased vertical height and longer air time whilst you have bullet jump momentum > roll for increased momentum > repeat after landing.

Throw in slides for added distance.

That's exactly what I do! Still, 150 Bullet Jumps is a large number for a simple "Daily" mission.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I think you are giving them far too much credit. My best guess is that they copied the required kill values for the daily challenges.

The thing is that 100 is just as arbitrary but daily challenges are are about giving the player something to do, like open 20 lockers, hack 8 consoles (this still seems high although a solo spy takes care of it), use a glyph, etc. Even so 100 seems far more convenient for just running a few missions.

And compared to all the other Daily acts, dropping it to 100 bullet jumps would still be more tedious than them.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

I thought this was a troll or joke thread. People really are complaining about 150 bullet jumps over a couple days playing.

Damn.

I don't think anyone is really complaining but we are assessing how mundane doing 150 bullet jumps really is. It adds nothing engaging and is filler in the most obvious way. I think the point of the thread is simply how to improve the daily challenge and reducing the amount would make it far less tedious and something that you do naturally, like opening 20 lockers (and most of us find that too tedious to do unprompted anyway).

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I don't think anyone is really complaining but we are assessing how mundane doing 150 bullet jumps really is. It adds nothing engaging and is filler in the most obvious way. I think the point of the thread is simply how to improve the daily challenge and reducing the amount would make it far less tedious and something that you do naturally, like opening 20 lockers (and most of us find that too tedious to do unprompted anyway).

Yeah...I hate the 20 locker one.  That's tedious and I have to go out of my way to complete it. 

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

H4gqExM.gif

• Like 1