Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please lower the Bullet Jump requirement for Nightwave

AJman14

1 hour ago, Zelmen said:

And this is why people hate NW so much. Need to do every task meow. Troll or not it just shows the bigger issues.

I don't hate Nightwave. I really enjoy it! The only qualm I have with 150 bullet jumps is for those that don't naturally bullet jump. These "Daily" missions are supposed to be just that; a simple daily. A lot of players do maybe 30-50 bullet jumps in a day, especially when they have a good Void Dash.

Honestly though, it's just a daily. Like has been stated, unless you're a perfectionist (like me and >40% of all Warframe players), it can be skipped...

7 minutes ago, AJman14 said:

A lot of players do maybe 30-50 bullet jumps in a day,

Looking at the responses (even if the forum is not even close to a real representation of the community) the players that do 30-50 bulletjumps in a day are not a lot, for example I didn't even care and I did it, even maxed on normal gameplay void dash is slower than bullet jump in most closed maps

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AJman14 said:

Honestly though, it's just a daily

a daily that you have 3 days to do it in. Timer is 72hrs. 50 * 3 is 150. Bam no issue 😛 

For tasks like this I could careless it its 50 or 150. Still easy to do. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zelmen said:

a daily that you have 3 days to do it in. Timer is 72hrs. 50 * 3 is 150. Bam no issue 😛 

For tasks like this I could careless it its 50 or 150. Still easy to do. 

Sure you have 3 days to complete it, but the other Daily missions are easier to complete in 1 day, like the name suggests.

54 minutes ago, AJman14 said:

Sure you have 3 days to complete it, but the other Daily missions are easier to complete in 1 day, like the name suggests.

And some times I take left overs home from a restaurant because I couldn't finish the serving. A serving is suppose to be done in one sitting. Guess they should make all meals smaller so no one has leftovers.

You have a weak argument when they give you enough time to do it, regardless of the title. 

Edited by Zelmen
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, AJman14 said:

I don't hate Nightwave. I really enjoy it! The only qualm I have with 150 bullet jumps is for those that don't naturally bullet jump. These "Daily" missions are supposed to be just that; a simple daily. A lot of players do maybe 30-50 bullet jumps in a day, especially when they have a good Void Dash.

Here's the interesting thing about bulletjumps for those that don't normally do them.  I am an admitted Ivara main and play Ivara for almost everything.  Ivara is one of the few frames that has a valid reason not to bulletjump.  Yet I have completed the 150 bulletjump challenge quite easily and naturally by going to the open world maps and doing other things.  Boom, 150 bulletjump challenge unlocked while also unlocking some of the other challenges as well.  

• Like 1

On 2019-07-12 at 10:57 PM, AJman14 said:

Seriously DE, this isn't fun.

7ad9f9b5b5c8691bc29e74213f154a2b.gif

This is entirely your own fault. So how about you own it and go actually play the game rather than being a *word I cant say here* about it. 

What is our primary mode of transportation? Bullet jumping, that's right good job.

What would happen if you just completed a couple missions as you normally would? That's right again! You would complete the challenge as an afterthought of normal play. 

4 hours ago, AJman14 said:

WHAT?

What is easier than 150 bullet jumps in 1 day? What, you want all the challenges and elite challenges to just be like "Interact with your pet once"? smh

Dude. I bet you, that on average, most players easily. EASILY. exceed 200+ bullet jumps in a single mission outside of a one and done quickie; like an exterminate or capture

I do 150 bullet jumps every minute of every hour, in survival missions I bullet jump up and down while waiting for the enemies to reach me, when the life support reaches 0% I still bullet jump.  How could anyone complain about "bullet jump 150 times" YOU DO IT ANYWAY CAN YOU NOT SEE?! DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THE NIGHTWAVE MISSION YOU'LL COMPLETE IT ANYWAY! 

• Like 1

You're completely missing the point my guy :P Why would DE intentionally want to make you shove yourself into a corner and spam Bullet Jump over a hundred times..

It's essentially free nightwave standing at no cost of time. The premise is to incorporate bullet jumping into your normal game play, but even that should not be any trouble since pretty much all players bullet jump around normally. 

• Like 1

Wow another faceplam....... Nightwave is OPTIONAL. You are not forced to do any of it.

You press your fire button over 150 times in a mission......but "it's too 'hard' to do the same thing for mobility" . Just wow. Here, I thought the PC master race were the superior gamers..... Complaining about optional things is pointless and only proves what the complainer is.

Grinding out the nightwave challenges is optional. We are givin plenty of time to do it. That's why there is a timer. To give you ample time to complete said challenge. If you put yourself in a corner just to do them, you missed the point. None of the challenges are difficult. Acting like spoiled children only makes you look bad. 

42 minutes ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

Wow another faceplam....... Nightwave is OPTIONAL. You are not forced to do any of it.

You press your fire button over 150 times in a mission......but "it's too 'hard' to do the same thing for mobility" . Just wow. Here, I thought the PC master race were the superior gamers..... Complaining about optional things is pointless and only proves what the complainer is.

Grinding out the nightwave challenges is optional. We are givin plenty of time to do it. That's why there is a timer. To give you ample time to complete said challenge. If you put yourself in a corner just to do them, you missed the point. None of the challenges are difficult. Acting like spoiled children only makes you look bad. 

The moment DE placed exclusive items behind Nightwave the optional argument lost validity. If DE gave players an alternative means to acquire the same items immediately after NW ended then that argument has merit.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

The moment DE placed exclusive items behind Nightwave the optional argument lost validity. If DE gave players an alternative means to acquire the same items immediately after NW ended then that argument has merit.

Because if there wasn't any form of "exclusive items" behind NW, what reason does anybody have for ever doing NW to begin with. It's like making it so we can get fully built and already guilded amps by just logging into the game. 

7 hours ago, Zelmen said:

And some times I take left overs home from a restaurant because I couldn't finish the serving. A serving is suppose to be done in one sitting. Guess they should make all meals smaller so no one has leftovers.

You have a weak argument when they give you enough time to do it, regardless of the title. 

That argument is almost backward of what you meant by it. Let me explain.

At a restaurant, they give extra-large servings to make sure you ate your fill. Better satisfaction.

In Nightwave, dropping the challenge to say, 100 Bullet Jumps would be providing the better satisfaction for those going for completion.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Puckish_Rogue125 said:

This is entirely your own fault. So how about you own it and go actually play the game rather than being a *word I cant say here* about it. 

You assume I don't play the game, while I made a post about playing the game. Strange.

What is our primary mode of transportation? Bullet jumping, that's right good job.

Running while Bullet Jumping, Double Jumping, Rolling, and Gliding as a combo. Void Dash for larger tilesets.

What would happen if you just completed a couple missions as you normally would? That's right again! You would complete the challenge as an afterthought of normal play. 

^ This, assuming I'm not burned out on Warframe, and just trying to complete the Acts.

Edited by AJman14
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

You don't NEED any of it to complete the core experiance. My argument is 100% valid. It's optional. Let go of your F.O.M.O. (fear of missing out) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJman14 said:

That argument is almost backward of what you meant by it. Let me explain.

At a restaurant, they give extra-large servings to make sure you ate your fill. Better satisfaction.

In Nightwave, dropping the challenge to say, 100 Bullet Jumps would be providing the better satisfaction for those going for completion.

First off that is the most american thing to say and more times than not that is not true. Lets put this into an example you can relate to. A serving of ice cream might be 1 cup but not everyone can / will eat that. Some eat more, some eat less. So should that be changed? (That's rhetorical - which mean don't answer)

This task is easy and has more than enough time to complete. You are like a 3 year old fighting over who can jump higher.

5 hours ago, AJman14 said:

No. it. does. not.

If you aren't subconsiously doing a minimum of 200+ bullet jumps for every 2 missions, then why bother about NW? I mean, obviously you're not doing anything if you can't even complete something so trivial that it can be equate to the same effort as pressing 4 as saryn or 3 as chroma. The only way that you cannot do this is if you're trying to avoid moving at all. Period.

Stop complaining, please. You can't have every NW challenge as "Interact with your companion once".....even then you'd still probably complain about that being too hard too, right?

While I don't really think a 1,000 point task is that big a deal, I do see where people are coming from if they don't play in a way that utilizes it. I've seen people that void dash through everything (as per the playstyle of many that play this game, rush like every mission is a time trial) and don't need it. I can get it easily myself in one mission or two depending, but I'm not going to be a condescending ass like some here. But there is a point of contention with many involving some of these Nightwave tasks. In order to get some of the best rewards requires people to stop their personal progress or goals in the game to do grind runs like the fishing and mining people should really only have to do if they are trying to build a certain standing or craft a certain kit item. Then there is the polarization, which people should only do if they want to or not, not just to complete a task.

There are easy and valid Nightwave missions, but there are enough that curve you to play or engage different aspects of the game for the sake of getting the best rewards from Nightwave. If it stuck more to what players usually do, like killing enemies with different element or status types, that's fine. But maybe they could add other tasks like a certain number of headshots, killing a certain number of enemies with explosive barrels, but I guess those could be problematic somewhat in a horde based game because you aren't going to be focused on that when your getting swamped by enemies and most don't rely on those things to clear out enemies.

The game seems to be more focused on killing everything in the shortest time, which is kinda disappointing personally, because once I thought the game would lean to giving more stealthy (or a generally slower playstyle compared to what it is) options to approach things. But the way the movement system is and enemies are setup, it wouldn't work. I once thought since Warframe was about space ninjas, it would take a route where people could hug to corners, hide above enemies by sticking to the ceiling or in structures like overhead pipes(a generally more dynamic movement system and way to engage enemies). You can do these things, SOMEWHAT, but like I said they way the game is set up (movement options especially), it's not like something you could do in something like Tenchu. I understand that is a purely stealth game, but I relate it in the aspects of being ninjas and stealth being more a valid option for playstyle. But Warframe is a very different game, and though I understand it is a power-fantasy, horde-based, game, more variety in playstyle mechanics would be awesome. Though seeing as most of the community is into blasting and rushing through every mission, I seriously doubt any of those ideas I mentioned would ever occur, lest DE lose a huge amount of players over it.

Edited by Stargazer_Libra

15 minutes ago, Stargazer_Libra said:

but there are enough that curve you to play or engage different aspects of the game for the sake of getting the best rewards from Nightwave

Like with old alerts, doing an useless low level 10 waves defense for a single nitain

16 minutes ago, Stargazer_Libra said:

The game seems to be more focused on killing everything in the shortest time, which is kinda disappointing personally, because once I thought the game would lean to giving more stealthy (or a generally slower playstyle compared to what it is) options to approach things

The game was way more stealthy and slow paced before the parkour rework, you could still rush, but the stamina and reduced movements slowed you

10 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Because if there wasn't any form of "exclusive items" behind NW, what reason does anybody have for ever doing NW to begin with. It's like making it so we can get fully built and already guilded amps by just logging into the game. 

Why do people assume that alternative means easy? Also, NW rewards don't have to be exclusive to make them desirable. The fact that they are free and guaranteed is reason enough for most to do the NW.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Why do people assume that alternative means easy? Also, NW rewards don't have to be exclusive to make them desirable. The fact that they are free and guaranteed is reason enough for most to do the NW.

Because warframe has a history of making alternative ways to get items much easier and pretty damn trivial compared to their main or original method of acquisition. And if they were not, nobody would do NW, because apparently we got people like OP who thinks 150 bullet jumps is too high. Duh.

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn

I can't read the whole thread, but I will give the only normal response this thread can get:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAno