Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please lower the Bullet Jump requirement for Nightwave

AJman14

You can easily grab Wisp and bullet jump into a corner with one hand without alerting anything. Which leaves the other one free. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Seriously tho, how this has gotten to 9 pages is beyond me. The "challenge" is literally "perform a basic movement that you'll be doing a lot anyway."

1 hour ago, AJman14 said:

Like I said, if it's not how a player plays the game, it would be annoying. A few times? More like 150 times.

Right, because you don't already press multiple buttons at least a hundred times per mission already. A few dozen more? Oh God oh God the sky is falling.

1 hour ago, AJman14 said:

If a player is behind in the progression, they would want to complete all dailies to get the highest level possible... or if they are planning a vacation... or if they are a newer player and can't complete the Elite Weeklies.

Hence the intention behind dailies. Again, we're talking about literally pressing two buttons a few times and having three days to do it.

2 hours ago, AJman14 said:

Running 5000m is easy! You could literally do that in 2 excavations! You just gotta stop Bullet Jumping for a bit.

Again, gonna need to see some comparative numbers on that, mate. Not in terms of number of missions either, but in terms of cold, hard minutes and seconds. Also, again, gonna need to see whether it's a Daily or a Weekly. Proportionality to reward and all that.

2 hours ago, AJman14 said:

You starting to see the flip side to your argument? You don't run in missions, so for you the proposed act could seem extremely annoying. Some players don't bullet jump in missions, so for them, the current act is extremely annoying.

Right, holding one or two buttons for a bit = "extremely annoying." As I already said, worst comes to pass is I get to role-play the Flash for a bit. And again, it still depends on the comparative expected completion times. Gimme some numbers.

12 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Right, because you don't already press multiple buttons at least a hundred times per mission already. A few dozen more? Oh God oh God the sky is falling.

Hence the intention behind dailies. Again, we're talking about literally pressing two buttons a few times and having three days to do it.

Again, gonna need to see some comparative numbers on that, mate. Not in terms of number of missions either, but in terms of cold, hard minutes and seconds. Also, again, gonna need to see whether it's a Daily or a Weekly. Proportionality to reward and all that.

Right, holding one or two buttons for a bit = "extremely annoying." As I already said, worst comes to pass is I get to role-play the Flash for a bit. And again, it still depends on the comparative expected completion times. Gimme some numbers.

As far as the 5000m, it's pretty common for a mission to have extraction 1000m+ away from start. The reason I said Excavation is because you'll be running around the mission quite a bit.

Right, so I think we should both take a step back and stop picking each other's views apart. Sorry for carrying it so far. I appreciate your view, but I disagree.

While we are in the process of making stupid request just for the sake of crying about anything and everything....

Can we make it so i I only have to kill 10 enemies with fire, corrosive, magnetic...

To expect us to have to jump and kill 150 ememies in the period of a few days is just rediculous. 

Chocolate salty balls anyone?

22 minutes ago, AJman14 said:

As far as the 5000m, it's pretty common for a mission to have extraction 1000m+ away from start. The reason I said Excavation is because you'll be running around the mission quite a bit.

Right, so I think we should both take a step back and stop picking each other's views apart. Sorry for carrying it so far. I appreciate your view, but I disagree.

Still not what I asked for, but meh.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Austee said:

While we are in the process of making stupid request just for the sake of crying about anything and everything....

Can we make it so i I only have to kill 10 enemies with fire, corrosive, magnetic...

To expect us to have to jump and kill 150 ememies in the period of a few days is just rediculous. 

Also, meh. I usually just swap a few mods around in my Larkspur and jump in a Void fissure. Melts everything the same.

In the case of today's Magnetic damage one, though, I haven't even bothered doing anything special. I just used my Redeemer Prime a little more in my Sortie run, and I'm already over half way through.

Edited by KnossosTNC

22 minutes ago, (NSW)Austee said:

How about them not rotating fish in in PoE while you mine in Orb with fish in Orb while you mine in PoE.

1 hour ago, Yamazuki said:

How about them not rotating fish in in PoE while you mine in Orb with fish in Orb while you mine in PoE.

Load times may be a pain for some, but I personally don't mind. This is the first time I've seen them crossed in Nightwave.

On 2019-07-19 at 12:40 AM, (NSW)Fiftycentis said:

Like with old alerts, doing an useless low level 10 waves defense for a single nitain

The game was way more stealthy and slow paced before the parkour rework, you could still rush, but the stamina and reduced movements slowed you

Yeah, it's definitely been awhile, but I do remember how it was setup before. And for the life of me I will never understand why they replaced wall running with...."bunny hopping" on walls everywhere, it looks ridiculous. They showed wall running in the new trailer at Tennocon because I'm sure they new any wall-hopping would kill the cool factor immediately, so I'm not sure why it had to go. Ever heard of or played a PS2 game called 'Shinobi'? I wish they would implement wall running like the ninja in that game was capable of, free wall running and could infinitely stay attached to walls. It was a kind of fun and feeling of freedom of movement other games rarely attempt, but considering the ninja theme, it would be awesome if it could be done in Warframe. But I'm sure the devs would feel it would make the game too easy, or perhaps too much fun for it's own good lol.

13 hours ago, Stargazer_Libra said:

Yeah, it's definitely been awhile, but I do remember how it was setup before. And for the life of me I will never understand why they replaced wall running with...."bunny hopping" on walls everywhere, it looks ridiculous. They showed wall running in the new trailer at Tennocon because I'm sure they new any wall-hopping would kill the cool factor immediately, so I'm not sure why it had to go. Ever heard of or played a PS2 game called 'Shinobi'? I wish they would implement wall running like the ninja in that game was capable of, free wall running and could infinitely stay attached to walls. It was a kind of fun and feeling of freedom of movement other games rarely attempt, but considering the ninja theme, it would be awesome if it could be done in Warframe. But I'm sure the devs would feel it would make the game too easy, or perhaps too much fun for it's own good lol.

It was changed to the wall hopping due to pathing issues with the geometries of the objects.  They plan to bring smooth wallrunning back as soon as they figure out how to do it without the random 3d objects breaking it.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Stargazer_Libra said:

This seems to be really headed off-topic. Perhaps post that in a different thread?

Since I'm replying to you anyway, the old wall running would make you slowly drop lower and lower down the wall, even if you were running straight. It was annoying, even if it looked better.

14 hours ago, AJman14 said:

Maybe I don't word my sentences very well. I don't mean to sound upset at all. I just want to discuss reasons for or against the idea of lowering the number. Honestly, what harm would it cause to ease a simple Daily?

Then I would suggest to start a new thread as your op sets the tone and expectation.  Of which the damage is already done and as you see from most of the posters, they refuse to look at it from different angles, only their own limited perspective vs. a lot of player types and system design.

1 hour ago, OneYenShort said:

Then I would suggest to start a new thread as your op sets the tone and expectation.  Of which the damage is already done and as you see from most of the posters, they refuse to look at it from different angles, only their own limited perspective vs. a lot of player types and system design.

The tone? The tone was a joking tone, not a "THIS MUST BE THIS WAY" tone, like many users seems to think. xD

4 hours ago, AJman14 said:

This seems to be really headed off-topic. Perhaps post that in a different thread?

Since I'm replying to you anyway, the old wall running would make you slowly drop lower and lower down the wall, even if you were running straight. It was annoying, even if it looked better.

True, but would have been pretty easy to modify than to throw out in favor of wall-hopping. Now that I think about it, dropping lower on the wall as you run is something that usually happens in most games with wall running, the effect of gravity? That's why I mentioned the game 'Shinobi', where something like that wasn't a factor. But yeah, straying kinda off from original topic, my mind wanders onto different S#&$ pretty easy.

Edited by Stargazer_Libra

6 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

It was changed to the wall hopping due to pathing issues with the geometries of the objects.  They plain to bring smooth wallrunning back as soon as they figure out how to do it without the random 3d objects breaking it.  

Really now? I didn't know about them bringing it back at all, that made my day a bit. Just responded to another comment about it being able to be solved with some modifying, and looks like that was the plan, thankfully. Wall running certainly didn't work in different areas of the game as you mentioned, stuff that often interfered with it was about the one problem I had with it. Thanks for the reply!

25 minutes ago, Stargazer_Libra said:

Really now? I didn't know about them bringing it back at all, that made my day a bit. Just responded to another comment about it being able to be solved with some modifying, and looks like that was the plan, thankfully. Wall running certainly didn't work in different areas of the game as you mentioned, stuff that often interfered with it was about the one problem I had with it. Thanks for the reply!

Please, as much as I like discussions, don't change the topic. This thread is about the "150 Bullet Jump" Nightwave Act.

14 hours ago, AJman14 said:

Please, as much as I like discussions, don't change the topic. This thread is about the "150 Bullet Jump" Nightwave Act.

Yeah, I think I already stated that myself in my previous message to you before. Was it necessary to bring it up again or did you not read it? And that response wasn't even for you, it was for DatDarkOne who gave some info regarding my question. Well, this is looks like it's turning into something else itself, and I'm not down for S#&$ stirring on a forum so I'm done. Peace.

Edited by Stargazer_Libra
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, (NSW)Fiftycentis said:

Delete this now! Before it's too late

NOPE!!

I'm going to quote it so it can be seen again.

5 hours ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

The real challenge would be an an Elite weekly that restricted you to only 150 bullet jumps that week.

Since OP is complaining about something so trivial as the number of bulletjumps, then I'm all for giving them something to REALLY complain about.