Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulacrum is worse AND new index map (really bad lighting)

nokinoks

As the title says. I've already posted before why I think the Simulacrum is worse since the changes but the worse offender for me personally is that the lighting is S#&$ty even with a number of the effects on. Now some say that it is bright for them, but what kind of quality pass was done that there is no backup lighting for those who turn off effects for better performance?

New index map is based on new Jupiter aesthetics I think and it's really dark as well. I can't make heads or tails of the place because I can't recognize any details and have to rely on looking at the enlarged map. Problem is  that the old ones are still fine (at least the big one, I haven't done index in a long time and have only been to the new one and the large one) Why is it so dark?? Why was this quality pass allowed to make it dark?? I can't even see enemies in the new index map.

They replaced the small map with this darkness from Fortuna caves. I want to see the developer who designed it doing a solo 4 round run in that map and live stream it! 

This map is extremely horrible and the one it replaced was perfectly fine .. sounds like DE right? 

Lets change the other good map with something dark and now we all will be buying credits with platinum. 

Do you seriously expect quality pass from DE? They are always .. lets drop it and maybe we will fix something if there are enough complains.  

at the least I'm not the only one. I seriously don't know what DE did with the lighting or maybe this really is a purge for those people who can't have max settings. They're just not considering those who play on low anymore.

I have agree that the new Index Map is not a good fit for the game mode. As previously stated the map is so poorly lit that enemies can be right in front of you and might as well be invisible. Worse is the fact that the map design is very...... 90's FPS esque in that it would make for an interesting map against humans, but with AI enemies it just serves to pad out the run time. My average run time in the older maps with randoms was 6 to 7 minutes for a top tier 100 point run, the new map takes 8-12 minutes for the same 100 point run.

While I approve of adding additional maps to keep things fresh, this feels too much like an artificial attempt to counter the strategies for using line of sight damage frames like Duality Equinox, Excaliber Umbra or Mesa since the spawns are spread through the side tunnels and the line of sight from one end to the other is interrupted by the dips in the terrain. About the only concession made to the players in this map design is the fact that it is a tiny bit easier to hold and camp a score zone, probably for the nightwave challenge.

• Like 1