Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave rank rewards are so bad

At rank 25 you only get 3 formas. Is this some kind of joke?

Last rewards are some ugly infested styles. That infested operator looks will look only with Nidus but I find that frame very boring.

Literally, the only reward I find any appealing to me is exilus adapter but they cost only 20p anyway.

Edited by InfinitusPhoenix
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

No

I should not waste so much time to rank up to get these mods.

In alert system I could just get the mod I wanted from specific alert. This new system is a chore.

Wasting time doing things you'd basically be doing anyway?

• Like 3

Just now, InfinitusPhoenix said:

In alert system I could just get the mod I wanted from specific alert. This new system is a chore.

if the alert shows up, if the alert has the mod, if you were online during that time 

yeah, I'd rather have a guarantee than be held back by a bunch of ifs. seriously though, this 'issue' of yours is pretty old now, you're not bringing anything new and nothing is changing 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

This new system is a chore.

Don’t do it then. Most people seem reasonably okay with most of the rewards. And besides, most of the missions are just things you would do anyway. If playing the game is a chore why bother?

• It sounds like you just want to put in as little effort as possible to get the stuff. Well, if we still had the alert system these mods wouldn’t be on offer. So you wouldn’t have had the option to get them that way.

I really only want the last five things. But I am not complaining. Due you know why? Because I get them by playing the game and doing stuff I would have anyway. They are just an added bonus for doing things I was going to do.

• Like 2

Just now, InfinitusPhoenix said:

No

You can get 10 auras by rank 6. That's already above and beyond how many really useful ones there are. You just have to wait for the store to shuffle weekly.

There are also so many duplicates out there from years of old alerts you can get them extremely cheap to free. 

il y a 3 minutes, InfinitusPhoenix a dit :

No

Oh, so the things should be obtainable in the order YOU want them to be then ?

You should not waste so much time to get those mods ? This is applicable to anything in WF, why should we work for anything then ? DE should just give us everything from the start, no more problem right ?

In the previous alert system, you had to wait for an undefined amount of time to have the Luck to log in at the same time as the one alert you need. Now you have absolute certitude of how and when you can get certain rewards, but oh poor you, now that the amount of work needed is set, you don't feel like doing it anymore. It should be tailor made for you so that you can unlock the things that matter to You first.

You can criticise the tasks presented, there is a lot of improvement to be had here. But rewards SHOULD require work, unless nothing would have any value and the game would die quite fast.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

This new system is a chore.

Oh look the chore excuse again.

My man this is not choir. It's no where near being a choir.

Most of these thing you complete in a few minutes. And from what you're saying you just want the mods without working for them. So you seem kinda lazy.

Let me get it strait:

• rewards are bad because you don't like them
  • some are good, easy obtainable and you need them
  • but you won't do it because it's waste of time.

Oh well. Your topic seems to be wrong though, should be "I don't like doing Nightwave no matter what rewards it gives".

• Like 6

Nightwave in general is a complete trash system. Completely unrewarding, utterly biased towards wasting your time, absolutely, insanely terrible.

And the people defending it... you're insane if you think the solution to this is "stop playing the game". You're insane if you think DE wants that. But if that's the only way you can excuse the modes existence, then you're just confirming how terrible the system is.

• Like 1

And some people are ecstatic over getting new infested themed cosmetics. If your concern is solely for the cred from prestige ranks then you'll have a far better time farming the plat to buy said items instead. And before it gets mentioned just spend the cred you get prior to that on Nitain, the only resource there you can't buy.

12 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Nightwave in general is a complete trash system. Completely unrewarding, utterly biased towards wasting your time, absolutely, insanely terrible.

And the people defending it... you're insane if you think the solution to this is "stop playing the game". You're insane if you think DE wants that. But if that's the only way you can excuse the modes existence, then you're just confirming how terrible the system is.

Considering 90% of Nightwave is only asking players to play the game and some are finding even that too difficult, yeah, some people should just stop playing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trst said:

Considering 90% of Nightwave is only asking players to play the game and some are finding even that too difficult, yeah, some people should just stop playing.

There's a difference between just playing the game and playing the game in a way you find enjoyable. Nightwave distracts from the latter, forcing one to play in a specific, limited, maybe even utterly unenjoyable way, and it doesn't reward or incentivize players enough in order for them to accept that lack of enjoyment as an acceptable trade-off for the rewards. That is the issue with Nightwave, especially when compared with the old alerts. Nightwave is not a system that encourages you to play the gameplay for fun and get rewarded, it encourages you to begrudgingly do things you might not otherwise do for literal, worthless bread crumbs. And that, my good sir, makes it an absolutely terrible system.

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

There's a difference between just playing the game and playing the game in a way you find enjoyable. Nightwave distracts from the latter, forcing one to play in a specific, limited, maybe even utterly unenjoyable way, and it doesn't reward or incentivize players enough in order for them to accept that lack of enjoyment as an acceptable trade-off for the rewards. That is the issue with Nightwave, especially when compared with the old alerts. Nightwave is not a system that encourages you to play the gameplay for fun and get rewarded, it encourages you to begrudgingly do things you might not otherwise do for literal, worthless bread crumbs. And that, my good sir, makes it an absolutely terrible system.

Except this is false. Alerts always were unchangeable missions on completely random nodes. Meanwhile NW let's you choose what level you want to do.

And don't even mention the rewards. Alerts were filled with 300 spores rewards which is of course pretty much useless since these kind of resources can be obtained easily through other means.

So No. Alerts were the actual failure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

At rank 25 you only get 3 formas. Is this some kind of joke?

Last rewards are some ugly infested styles. That infested operator looks will look only with Nidus but I find that frame very boring.

Literally, the only reward I find any appealing to me is exilus adapter but they cost only 20p anyway.

Riddle me this, what where the rewards for the old system? Nothing you say.... oh well good talk then. 

If you don't like the aesthetic of the top tier reward then do I have some good news for you~ Nightwave isn't compulsory~

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

And of the seven acts up right now five of them require actions that can't be done in any mission.

Two of these are the Elite acts that are only asking for (one run of) ESO and Index. The other three are do one Disruption, ten Syndicate missions, and Guild a Modular item.

Syndicate missions are on the same level of involvement as running ten alerts but Syndicate standing can be translated directly into plat. And Gilding is being removed from appearing in future acts after this one.

If doing a single run of specific mission types or just doing some Syndicate mission are too difficult or too much of a "chore" for people then what exactly are people even doing in a game that's solely about killing hordes of enemies?

Also unlike alerts which forced you to run a exact mission during an exact time window or get no reward at all Nightwave doesn't require you to complete absolutely everything to get every reward.

• Like 1

Warframe needs fixes at so many places, but Nightwave isnt on top of that list. If anything they did right in a while, its the implementation of Nightwave. 

I am doing nightwave for that sweet sweet umbral forma! I would do it again and again for more of those. I dont care about anything else but that umbral forma alone makes the grind totally worth it.

Edited by MR9BCI